Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98

Author Topic: Things that made you Penguin today. <( ' >' )>  (Read 216950 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Mental images of people here.
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »

As far as I can tell, Raocow was just spouting gibberish.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »

I have to say, I don't really have any kind of image for anyone here, excepting those that I've seen quite a bit, like Ehndras, and even then, it's only when I really stop to think about it.

Nor do I really have any special voices, it's just my regular voice in my head, except more neutral.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:11:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

As far as I can tell, Raocow was just spouting gibberish.
The key factor is it's quotable gibberish.

Sometimes his gibberish can become full-fledged philosophy. Albeit the kind of philosophy only mental patients will adhere to.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »

Raocow is definately my favorite philosopher.

Oh wait...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:09 pm »

Hi!
I have to admit that I am also with the unimaginative crowd: no individualized voice while reading posts and no thoughts spent on what the person typing the message may actually look like. Especially the thoughtlessness about the person themselves is actually kind of deliberate since I appreciate the equalizing effect of the internet. That is, thanks to the pseudonymity of avatars and pen names, the things people say get much more weight than what the people are as they are not automatically pidgeonholed due to their appearance (e.g. coloured youth, old white lady, ...). I also don't believe in automatic prestige - I am willing to respect a 14-year-old as much for their insights as a 70-year-old, provided the insights are of the same level.... I hope this is somewhat understandable (^_^;;
Yours,
Deathworks
WOAH IT'S DEATHWORKS

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:44 pm »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2012, 08:37:45 pm »

Your current avatar.
GARGH THE FARGHETARNY BUT I'M A MAAAAAAAALE
I am male too, but the Patchou is irresistible.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

I mostly view people as their avatars expect for some cases. BDthemage, you will always be Problem Sleuth.

also would like to know how people see me, because I'm egotistacl like that.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »

Your current avatar.
I am sorry, but you are quite mistaken, madame.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »

Hi!
I have to admit that I am also with the unimaginative crowd: no individualized voice while reading posts and no thoughts spent on what the person typing the message may actually look like. Especially the thoughtlessness about the person themselves is actually kind of deliberate since I appreciate the equalizing effect of the internet. That is, thanks to the pseudonymity of avatars and pen names, the things people say get much more weight than what the people are as they are not automatically pidgeonholed due to their appearance (e.g. coloured youth, old white lady, ...). I also don't believe in automatic prestige - I am willing to respect a 14-year-old as much for their insights as a 70-year-old, provided the insights are of the same level.... I hope this is somewhat understandable (^_^;;
Yours,
Deathworks
WOAH IT'S DEATHWORKS
Holy hell, I didn't ever think we'd see [her/him] again. Next you're going to tell me Josephus is posting again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Your current avatar.
I am sorry, but you are quite mistaken, madame.
There could be a plausible argument made for that avatar being male.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:35 pm »

Perhaps, but it would be a society quite unfamiliar to us in which the men have soft features1, long hair, and lipstick.

1. That might be the art style, I’ll grant.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:04 am »

Trust me, it's female. It's April Eploc from an RTD we're both in. And as for that unfamiliar society... j-rock? XD Anyway, to be on topic, I basically have some stock images in my head based on old shows I used to watch that I assign people based on how much/little I know about them. For example: Skyrunner = Asian female teenager = Trini from the original Power Rangers line-up. :P If I don't know anything about them, I just always picture them as one of their avatars, usually their most memorable one. For example, Gat had that old man for awhile but he's always going to be Geno when I see his username. Or for another example, if IronyOwl ever changes his avatar, he's still going to be Fran. Just the way it is.

In an odd subversion of this, I know exactly what Darvi looks like and continue to picture him as his avatar anyway. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2012, 03:01:26 am »

Hi!
Yours,
Deathworks
WOAH IT'S DEATHWORKS
Holy hell, I didn't ever think we'd see [her/him] again. Next you're going to tell me Josephus is posting again.

Had the same reaction when I noticed him in the upper forums some weeks ago. Welcome back, Deathworks! We remember you ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98