Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93478 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Yet. Eat the other fish, eat mosquitos, and split just enough to not arouse suspicion. Use any extra mass to create the most efficiently small sized flying insects to eat grass and return nutrients/mass. A trickle of constant mass can be useful, and if the human is busy with the infected lawn, they might not care about a healthy pond as much.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2012, 05:02:55 am »

Given that our strength is clearly DNA modification, I see this as a very reasonable plan, since then we would have access to vast DNA libary with which to modify our minions and our self. With this libary, we could modify ourself to any situation, or have severl minions situited to each and every situation.

Also, once we start aquiring numerous species, the DNA libary should just be organized by species. That would be easier to navigate, and likley shorter. Similiar species can be eliminated, because similiar DNA would not matter given our modification abilities. We just need acess to a broad range of DNA, and once that is aquired, we can become anything we wish.

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Yet.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »

Maybe it would be best to move away from the humans altogether.  We could go find an isolated area somewhere with lots of plants and animals to consume. Gather some serious biomass before trying to take on our most dangerous opponent.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 26, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »

Maybe it would be best to move away from the humans altogether.  We could go find an isolated area somewhere with lots of plants and animals to consume. Gather some serious biomass before trying to take on our most dangerous opponent.
This would probably be best, maybe we should dig some sort of underground hive for storage and concealment in a nearby forest or something. In a pinch, any area with substantial vegetation would work.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2012, 02:25:31 pm »

Guys, mosquito swarm first. Once we have access to the all of the DNA of everything in mosquito range of the bond, then doing anything else will be so much easier.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »

Guys, mosquito swarm first. Once we have access to the all of the DNA of everything in mosquito range of the bond, then doing anything else will be so much easier.
Agreed.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:20 pm »

Mosquitos eat plants too, so I'm behind this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game
« Reply #487 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:38 am »

You try attack one of the other fish, while you order the antfish to search for mosquitos

The fish you attacked turns out to be an eel. After a long and tyring battle, you manage to subdue and kill it. However, you fail to extract any Dna.  The antfish meanwhile, are mostly unsuccesfull, it appears that you scared or eaten most of the insects some time ago.

Biomass: 8000
((Now start to get some decent rolls, you lot))

Name:  Deoxys
Biomass: 10 000
Energy: 3500/10.000
Nutrients: 850/5.000
Abilities: DNA assimilation, splitting, Improved DNA modification (Can change size of parts, can modify DNA into similair parts, can randomly mutate DNA at will)
Current look:  Insecticarp (1 m long, 10 cm high, 10 cm broad)
Spoiler: Current form (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clone army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dna library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Complete DNa (click to show/hide)

Clones chematics for GM reference: (Doubt I'll need them)
Spoiler: Antfish (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52:54 am »

Well, we can still make plant consuming flying insects.

Phillammon

• Bay Watcher
  • Taunt ye not the artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:27 am »

I reckon now wouldn't be a bad time for looking into the possibility of small mammals...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2012, 09:54:04 am »

You scrounge the pool, accompagnied by all of your little and not so little friends. In the end you manage to catch quite a lot of insects, and the pool is becoming rather silent. Seems like you have almost eaten each and every living thing. Nevertheless you manage to find quite some usefull things.  The most important is that you know posses the entire genome of spiders. There's quite a lot of unscanned Dna left though, so you might be able to find something else, if you knew what you were looking for.
Scan through this Unscanned DNA from the other day for Mozzie DNA for the Mozzie obsessed. Also scan for Pond Skimmer DNA aswell...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2012, 10:15:04 am »

(edit:Ninja'ed)
You scrounge the pool, accompagnied by all of your little and not so little friends. In the end you manage to catch quite a lot of insects, and the pool is becoming rather silent. Seems like you have almost eaten each and every living thing. Nevertheless you manage to find quite some usefull things.  The most important is that you know posses the entire genome of spiders. There's quite a lot of unscanned Dna left though, so you might be able to find something else, if you knew what you were looking for.
Scan through this Unscanned DNA from the other day for Mozzie DNA for the Mozzie obsessed. Also scan for Pond Skimmer DNA aswell...
This is actually a good idea. See if we can find any mosquito DNA in there. If we can find the entire Mosquito genome than lay 500 mosquito eggs instead of 500 Ant-Mosquito eggs. If we cannot get the entire genome, then incorporate any usefull parts into the Ant-Mosquito. Especially the mouth. Obviously if non of this succeeds then just continue as per the bellow plan.

As Naryar mentioned (two pages ago) and as I forgot, we have planttick mouths already, which are pretty close to mosquito probiscuses. We have Dragonfly wings, insect eyes, insect legs, and an ant carapice, so we could make something pretty close to a mosquito. Here is the organism I propose we use instead of the mosquito.

-Insect eyes (Allows you to see)
-Insect stomach (Can turn biomass in energy)
-Ant carapace (+1 to defense)
-Dragonfly wings(probably need to be downsized to fit mosquito-sized organism.)
-Planttick mouth(allows you to suck nutrients and energy out of plants)(DNA modification ability should be used to adapt this mouth to being able to pierce animals aswell.)
-Ant pheromones(necessary for the swarm to communicate with us and for us to communicate with the swarm.)

This is a simpler organism than the antfish, so it should cost less to produce. List of actions:
-Instantly produce one of these Ant-Mosquitos to see if the design works out all right, and if it does lay 500 eggs that are to mature into Ant-Mosquitos along the shore line.( Since the Ant-Mosquitos are not designed for use in water, the eggs have to be laid on the shore line.)
-We can't leave the eggs defenseless, therefore we should grow some basic legs and stand out on the shore line and defend the eggs.

Oh and I aggree with Rez some flying plant eating insects would be nice. For that task we should just use the schematics for the Ant-Mosquitos minus the modification to the Planttick mouth. List of actions:
-Lay 500 eggs that are to grow into Flying Ants on the other side of the shore line from the 500 eggs designed to mature into Ant-Mosquitos (aka they re to be on opposite sides of the lake.)
-Have the other Insecticarp guard these eggs.
-Have the other Insecticarp grow legs aswell, to faciliate it's guarding the eggs.

Other actions not directly related to plans for Plant-Eating-Flying-Ants and Ant-Mosquitos and contingency plans:
-Send Antfish out to attack large fish using their poison attack, as a group (AKA all 460 of 'em). Use what the Antfish bring back to fuel these changes and actions.
-Also use the second Insecticarp's nutrients to fuel all this.
-And again, make sure to have both Insecticarps eat the eel, and use it's biomass and nutrients to fuel the actions.
-If the instant birth of the Ant-Mosquito succedds, then laying 500 Ant-Mosquito eggs is to take priority over 500 Flying Ant eggs.
-If the instant birth of the Ant-Mosquito fails due to a flaw in the design of the organism(caused by a bad roll on our DNA modification ability, which I think is unlikley as this is a pretty simple modification.), then just lay the Flying ant eggs and have the other Insecticarp hunt with the antfish.

(Also as a GM question, where do we get Nutrients from? I know that they are turned into energy via chlorophalsts but can we make them from Biomass?)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

Maybe we should also develop land plants, for later expansion.

Otherwise, +1 for the above post.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:33 am »

(Also as a GM question, where do we get Nutrients from? I know that they are turned into energy via chlorophalsts but can we make them from Biomass?)
Nope. Not directly anyway.

Basically, all three are organic compounds of increasing complexity. (Actually, that's not true. Nutrients are supposed to be anorganic.)

Biomass is the most complex, and can be burned to give energy, which when used produces nutrients.
In a reverse order, plants can turn nutrients into energy, which can be turned into biomass

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 27, 2012, 11:48:41 am »

Nope. Not directly anyway.

Basically, all three are organic compounds of increasing complexity. (Actually, that's not true. Nutrients are supposed to be anorganic.)

Biomass is the most complex, and can be burned to give energy, which when used produces nutrients.
In a reverse order, plants can turn nutrients into energy, which can be turned into biomass
The energy the plants currently give per nutrient due to photosynthesis is greater than the energy it costs to produce nutrients right? Since energy is gained from the sun in the reaction. Also can we get a list of the equations and conversion ratios?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38