Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93583 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game
« Reply #375 on: May 31, 2012, 02:50:24 pm »

Have the antfish attack again, then fight your self, rinse and repeat until the thing is dead. Then eat it's corpse and begin sealing and repairing the wound.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 31, 2012, 03:35:38 pm »

Have the antfish attack again, then fight your self, rinse and repeat until the thing is dead. Then eat it's corpse and make a second insectoidcarp, same size as us
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2012, 04:21:22 pm »

Nah, do not attack with the carp. We're already quite wounded, it's far too dangerous. Let the antfish do the job, after all the enemy carp can't attack them if they stay out of reach of the bite.

Attack carp from all sides with antfishes, consume nutriments, close your wounds, and ONLY attack with insecticarp when the enemy carp is critically wounded.

Even if we lose most antfishes it will be a gain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2012, 04:23:44 pm »

Nah, do not attack with the carp. We're already quite wounded, it's far too dangerous. Let the antfish do the job, after all the enemy carp can't attack them if they stay out of reach of the bite.

Attack carp from all sides with antfishes, consume nutriments, close your wounds, and ONLY attack with insecticarp when the enemy carp is critically wounded.

The carp is 20.000 biomass, the antfishes are combined 30.000 and you're 9.000 and a bit.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2012, 05:27:05 pm »

We have a lot of nutrients in reserve, and I think that antfishes much more valuable then our main body, we can repair ourself pretty easily, but antfish production costs either time or tons of biomass

And as GM pointed, we have more than 75% of biomass in antfishes, so no, losing majority of them is  not an option

I'd say attack in waves

1st - 50 antfishes aiming for eyes and using acid attack for the task
2nd wave 150 antfishes (regular attack)  and insecticarp (preferably bite a tail)
3rd wave - 300 antfishes make a final attack

If we win, use gained biomass for (in order of importance)
1) Patching insecticarp
2) Feeding antfishes
3) Raising our biomass to 10 000
4) Making another insecticarp with 10 000 biomass size

We have a super weapon in fact, 500 antfishs attacking with acid do huge damage, but it costs 5000 energy and 2500 nutrients, and that's a lot

Another thing that our insecticarp is a defensive, antfishproducing machine, 100 attack is nothing compared to 1000 attack that can be done by our little swarm, or 3000 with acid strike (but that is way too expensive for regular fights)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

We have a lot of nutrients in reserve, and I think that antfishes much more valuable then our main body, we can repair ourself pretty easily, but antfish production costs either time or tons of biomass

And as GM pointed, we have more than 75% of biomass in antfishes, so no, losing majority of them is  not an option

I'd say attack in waves

2nd wave 150 antfishes (regular attack)  and insecticarp (preferably bite a tail)

1) Patching insecticarp
2) Feeding antfishes

We have a super weapon in fact, 500 antfishs attacking with acid do huge damage, but it costs 5000 energy and 2500 nutrients, and that's a lot

Another thing that our insecticarp is a defensive, antfishproducing machine, 100 attack is nothing compared to 1000 attack that can be done by our little swarm, or 3000 with acid strike (but that is way too expensive for regular fights)
+1, but should we add acid bite to insecticarp once all this is done?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2012, 05:57:03 pm »

Nah, I don't like it. Curent design is good enough and we'll remake it when we'll get out of the pond. Until then antfishs can serve as our main striking force...
I doubt that there are many more large fishes, after we get rid of them, the pond will be totally dominated, we'll have no targets to attack with acid

Some better mouth thn carp's one is really needed, some predatory mouth

BTW, after we finish the carp  ( I don't doubt that we'll win, the only question is when and with what loses) we may try to ambush some animal that comes to drink to the pond, cat or dog if we are lucky

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 31, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

I'd say attack in waves

1) Patching insecticarp
2) Feeding antfishes

+1

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »

we have more than 75% of biomass in antfishes, so no, losing majority of them is  not an option

The antfish biomass will not vanish if they die. We should be able to eat dead antfish and convert them to biomass with the same efficiency as anything else we eat.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:44 am »

we have more than 75% of biomass in antfishes, so no, losing majority of them is  not an option

The antfish biomass will not vanish if they die. We should be able to eat dead antfish and convert them to biomass with the same efficiency as anything else we eat.
The antfishes will automatically try to heal themselves, using energy. If that runs out, they will burn bodymass for energy.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:53 am »

I'd say attack in waves

1) Patching insecticarp
2) Feeding antfishes

+1
+2
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 01, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »

I'd say attack in waves

1) Patching insecticarp
2) Feeding antfishes

+1
+2
+1337
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2012, 06:33:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first wave of antfishes is largly unsuccesfull, the carp manages to shield of the eye and neither them nor the acid has noticiably hurt it. The second wave has more succes, with the insecticarp distracting the carp and the antfishes damaging it. Then the final wave of antfishes comes in, and finishes it off. You immediatly start processing the corpse. You heal your wounds, feed the antfishes and create another insecticarp, identical to you. However, your actions have scared the other fish living around here, so catching them might be quite a bit harder.

[Other carp: SIze: 2050 HP: 0/2000]

A. Water insects
B. Eat weeds: Low energy return.  +-Safe
C. Attack large fish. High risk, high gain
D. Look at the bottom of the pool for burrowed animals like frogs and such. (Energy intensive, might gain nothing)
E. Other

Name:  Deoxys
Biomass: 10 000
Energy: 2000/10.000
Nutrients: 5000/5.000
Abilities: DNA assimilation, splitting, Improved DNA modification (Can change size of parts, can modify DNA into similair parts, can randomly mutate DNA at will)
Current look:  Insecticarp (1 m long, 10 high, 10 broad)
Spoiler: Current form (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clone army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dna library (click to show/hide)

Clones chematics for GM reference: (Doubt I'll need them)
Spoiler: Antfish (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:38:09 am by 10ebbor10 »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2012, 07:18:12 am »

Storm another carp, using the ant-fish swarm and both of the insecticarp.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2012, 07:37:27 am »

Use the antfishes to pack-hunt smaller fishes, with the insecticarps scaring them out.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38