Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93641 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

+1 to the suggestions above
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2012, 04:16:46 pm »

How do we communicate with our clones?  I doubt that ant pheromones work well in the water.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

I suggest most fish-ants go into the lake and zerg rush other lifeforms for food and DNA, and we transform one or two into flying ants as an aerial predator (maybe we'll get other insect DNA), and another as a plant, calmly photosynthesizing stuff and maybe absorbing a plant or two. So we'll get far more DNA than just specializing in fish ants.

Although it is unlikely, if something really bad happens in the pool, we'll be able to survive in that way.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2012, 05:49:42 pm »

so the plan is have a few flying ants hunting in the air a plant dig into a tree and steal lots of biomass and most of the horde do A if attacked do C and dig into the large fish for the parasite path ...or eat from the inside out
big edit
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:41:39 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »

so the plan is have a few killing flying ants a plant and most of the horde do A if attacked do C and dig into the large fish for the parasidce path ...or eat from the inside out
sure lets od this, sounds good.+1
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2012, 04:42:10 am »

my post above just got edited to sound better
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2012, 05:09:11 am »

so the plan is have a few killing flying ants a plant and most of the horde do A if attacked do C and dig into the large fish for the parasidce path ...or eat from the inside out
sure lets od this, sounds good.+1
+1 becoming big will make us easy to detect and we/you are not yet big enough to fight against the humans
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2012, 05:54:51 am »

Why do you think that we have enough biomass and energy for creating new kinds of clones? Big NO to that waste of resources in a form of flying ants, and, especially, plant.

Go in the pond and create mayhem with all forces that we have
(A.  but move in a large group, and if attacked by fish switch to C)

Another important reason for no - micromanagement is bad, don't force the GM to make rolls for pond, for air predators, for plant... Many good games died because of such developments
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2012, 06:05:12 am »

Why do you think that we have enough biomass and energy for creating new kinds of clones? Big NO to that waste of resources in a form of flying ants, and, especially, plant.

Go in the pond and create mayhem with all forces that we have
(A.  but move in a large group, and if attacked by fish switch to C)

Another important reason for no - micromanagement is bad, don't force the GM to make rolls for pond, for air predators, for plant... Many good games died because of such developments
At the moment I'm making 4 rolls /turn. While I don't encourage you to make hundreds of different clones as small plant (Just a flat energy production)  and some other thingies would work. Btw, infiltrating an animal or tree won't really work. They'd notice you since the assimilation process is way too slow.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2012, 07:23:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide to look for some waterinsect to eat. In a large swarm you dart towards the surface, eating as much as you can before retreating between the weeds. The second run is less succesfull, and you barely break even. The third time went remarkably well, you managed to overwhelm a large group of insects gianing you some biomass, some needed energy and some valuable DNA pieces.

Suddenly a shadow hangs over the lake, and you can barely make out a human figure throwing things into the water. By the reaction of the other fish you guess it must be some sort of food.

A. Attack water insects: Good source of food, might be attacked by larger fish. Try to get food: High gain, quite a large risk. Chaotic
B. Eat weeds: Low energy return.  +-Safe
C. Attack large fish. High risk, high gain
D. Look at the bottom of the pool for burrowed animals like frogs and such. (Energy intensive, might gain nothing)
E. Other

Name:  Deoxys
Biomass: 63 (59 clones(63))
Energy: 30/50 (actions cost one or more energy)
Nutrients: 25/25 (Turned into energy. Partly returned when said energy is used for actions, but not for transformations)
Abilities: DNA assimilation, splitting, Minor DNA modification (Can change size of parts, can try to modify DNA)
Current look:  Antfish (5 cm long, 1 high, 1 broad)
Spoiler: Current form (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dna library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2012, 08:55:00 am »

watch and latch onto a big fish eating all the food that passes by
My Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2012, 09:03:18 am »

Attack the smallest fish scrambling for the food, while they're caught unawares. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2012, 09:41:32 am »

Attack the biggest fish (preferably a predator)

Big are not as mobile and less likely to catch fast swimming ants, and other fish will not distrub our attack, because they are busy eating. And bigger = better DNA\ more food

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2012, 09:41:55 am »

Attack the biggest fish (preferably a predator)

Big are not as mobile and less likely to catch fast swimming ants, and other fish will not distrub our attack, because they are busy eating. And bigger = better DNA\ more food
Poison or not ?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2012, 09:45:00 am »

Definately poison, the biggest requires all our resources to bring it down
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38