Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93430 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.
« Reply #495 on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:28 pm »

Conversion ratios vary based on the type of action, the plant/animal, the situation and the die roll. So, sadly no.

Nutrients are not produced, they are just your basic anorganic components. However, due to inefficiencies, expect nutrient/energy/biomass loss in all conversions.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2012, 02:19:38 pm »

Make a land plant that looks like grass, but has pores that secrete spider web.  That way, they get us free nutrients from photosynthesis AND can snag us whatever insects happen to brush up against one.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »

Make a land plant that looks like grass, but has pores that secrete spider web.  That way, they get us free nutrients Energy from photosynthesis AND can snag us whatever insects happen to brush up against one.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »

Make a land plant that looks like grass, but has pores that secrete spider web.  That way, they get us free nutrients from photosynthesis AND can snag us whatever insects happen to brush up against one.
If we have any energy/nutrients/biomass left after giving birth to those 1000 eggs, then yeah, lets do this.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 27, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »

If we have any energy/nutrients/biomass left after giving birth to those 1000 eggs, then yeah, lets do this.
Question. How big do you want the mosquitos to be

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:01 pm »

The size of a large mosquito would be best, I think.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 27, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »

Make a land plant that looks like grass, but has pores that secrete spider web.  That way, they get us free nutrients Energy from photosynthesis AND can snag us whatever insects happen to brush up against one.
AND nutrients. They're plants, they have roots, after all.
Wouldn't small ones be better? Less production cost, meaning higher numbers - which is good, since we're only using them as DNA-gatherers anyway.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 27, 2012, 07:42:38 pm »

Wouldn't small ones be better? Less production cost, meaning higher numbers - which is good, since we're only using them as DNA-gatherers anyway.
Well we want to make sure we get the entire genome, which means we need a good-sized amount of DNA. So yeah normla mosquito size would be good. just convert that into whatever size system you were using.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 27, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

This. We'd have to pick the insects up ourselves though unless we disinged an ant variant that collects them and brings them to a storage location. Possibly we could make the grass self reproducing? Like if on the roots it has an insect reproduction system that releases burrowing grubs out to spreed our unnatural ecosystem.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2012, 11:19:15 pm »

This. We'd have to pick the insects up ourselves though unless we disinged an ant variant that collects them and brings them to a storage location. Possibly we could make the grass self reproducing? Like if on the roots it has an insect reproduction system that releases burrowing grubs out to spreed our unnatural ecosystem.
Well if it is going to reproduce have it reproduce by budding (we should be able to have a plant do that as that is how Ameobas [which is what we started as] reproduce.).  To spread the ecosystem it could use poison secreted through the root to poison surronding plants, allowing it to reproduce and spread freelly. Posion can come from spiders.

Lets do this all after we lay the eggs and see them successfully develop though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:04 am »

Well if it is going to reproduce have it reproduce by budding (we should be able to have a plant do that as that is how Ameobas [which is what we started as] reproduce.).  To spread the ecosystem it could use poison secreted through the root to poison surronding plants, allowing it to reproduce and spread freelly. Posion can come from spiders.

Lets do this all after we lay the eggs and see them successfully develop though.
Agreed. So mosquitoes and poisonous land-plants. Don't we already have a layer of algae or something covering the pond surface?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:46 am »

You guys aren't focusing on our ultimate goal.

We must acquire the dna of a honey badger!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 28, 2012, 11:00:38 am »

Dude, that would be Game Over, even if we tried to kill it, Honey Badger don't give a shit and devour us instead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 28, 2012, 11:03:32 am »

I mean, I've been thinking about a few end goals.

1)  Take the DNA of every toxic animal we can and make a few animals that bio-concentrate inorganic toxins.  Then find a way to disperse the cocktail in all human inhabited areas.
2)  Get to the ocean and become Leviathan.  Become Gaia and recreate the world's life.

I think honey badger works well in the first plan, cause it's a well established fact that honey badger does not give a fuck about venom and probably doesn't care about toxins either.

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:54 am »

Dude, that would be Game Over, even if we tried to kill it, Honey Badger don't give a shit and devour us instead...
That is why we use the mosquitoes!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38