Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The dwarven child has come.  (Read 5167 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The dwarven child has come.
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:01:52 pm »

Seriously game? I know you like to give me a LOT of children but this is taking the mocking a bit far...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So uh, what exactly just happened... Assuming were-creature, but shouldn't it say "now you will know why you fear the night"?
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The dwarven child has come.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

Were-Child.

Jah.

Also you just happened to stumble upon it whilst it wasn't full moon.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

You should know to fear the 2 AM feeding without being told.   :P
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:08:11 pm »

Okay, so any way to tell what he will turn into? (also, props to Slink for making me lose it laughing, that's a good one haha)
I'm considering weaponising it like any good dwarf would, does it require food, water etc? Also, are you able to control it during dwarf form in any way or how would you advise catching him?
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »

It'll be friendly in humanoid form (will still trigger cage traps then). But it'll also run away. So you're probably not going to catch this one. I advise you send out some marksdwarves to hopefully cripple the child with pain until it passes out, and build a cage around it. Then you can safely goad it into cage traps for processing. Worked for me (though it was in were-beast form, and did fall into a 1x1 murky pool, absolutely lucky there).

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

He'll probably just turn around and run away. I've had like 5 were beasts show up in human/dwarven form and they all take like 1 step into my map and then turn around and leave. The funniest one was the single one that I had come in wereform. He took for steps over to the nearby human caravan, disemboweled a merchant, and then promptly turned back human and ran away again.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »

There's nothing more hilarious than a were-creature child, especially when it runs into your fortress, savages a dog, turns back into a child and your entire military promptly scatters pieces of said child all over the embark.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »

Rats, you were right i2. Soon as it was un-paused he ran. Always next time though.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 01:23:51 am »

Update: The dwarf child returned in werelizard form and engaged a fisherdwarf. He bit and bruised the fat, then shook him around which tore apart the upper body's fat. After this he changed back into a child and got his head caved in. Is this enough to cause my dwarf to become a werebeast, and will an atom smasher get rid of him without causing negative thoughts in his friends/family?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:36 am »

Update: The dwarf child returned in werelizard form and engaged a fisherdwarf. He bit and bruised the fat, then shook him around which tore apart the upper body's fat. After this he changed back into a child and got his head caved in. Is this enough to cause my dwarf to become a werebeast, and will an atom smasher get rid of him without causing negative thoughts in his friends/family?

If noone sees, its alright, slab him instantly when you can, his ghost will trigger the thoughts.

And yes, it will. And the guy survived? Hell, a two year old were-giraffe tore apart a steel clad demigod.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 01:37:30 am »

Yeah, a few tears were all he took before he caved the skull in, so I'm kind of sad to get rid of him. Ah well, good to know. Time to wall myself off from further threats and try to work out how to flood the overworld with magma at will =)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 07:01:26 am »

One of the few times when killing children is accepted and indeed recommended.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:26:25 am »

This is dwarf fortress. It's hard to find a time when killing children ISN'T accepted and recommended. Well, maybe if you are going to drop them in a hole for 12 years with a pack of rabid dogs.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:57 am »

This is dwarf fortress. It's hard to find a time when killing children ISN'T accepted and recommended. Well, maybe if you are going to drop them in a hole for 12 years with a pack of rabid dogs.

I find your methods deplorable, detestable, despicable, and delightful :D
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 11:35:00 am »

QUICK! THROW KITTENS AND PACIFIERS AT IT!.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.
Pages: [1] 2