Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 48520 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread. Game not started yet.
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:29 pm »

Zero Rider is the second most badass character in the Nasuverse, fuck the haters. : V

Edit: And also FSN Rider is probably the weakest servant.
Emiya Shirou is then the most badass character of the Nasuverse. Because he strikes fear even into Gilgamesh's little bishonen heart.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »

Zero Rider is the second most badass character in the Nasuverse, fuck the haters. : V

Edit: And also FSN Rider is probably the weakest servant.
Emiya Shirou is then the most badass character of the Nasuverse. Because he strikes fear even into Gilgamesh's little bishonen heart.
Badassery for me is less about what you achieve and more about HOW you achieve it.
 So my #1 badass is Fate/Zero Berserker.

Spoiler: Spoilarz. (click to show/hide)

Fate/Zero in general has much more badassery than FSN.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 01:38:51 pm »

Created Caellath's and Talarion's characters. Going to create the mages when Haika posts. That'll take much less time than creating the servants.

Not sure if I can start the game today, but tomorrow I'm almost completely free, so yay~
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 01:46:39 pm »

Character:
Spoiler: Rahul Streiber (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the wait, wanted to make sure I didn't have too many typos and issues. Looking forward to things here.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

So now we have an experienced magus and man who actually knows what he is doing and has a background related to Lancer's spear. Tiruin's character supposedly has something related to Archer inside her house or in her possession, but it must be buried in the attic or under those books, hence the accidental summoning.

You do know the PCs are supposed to side together, right?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »

You do know the PCs are supposed to side together, right?
This.
 The players are all "good guys" even if they are anti-heroes, but your character definitely sounds like an antagonist, so you may want to change the background a bit. I really can't see the guy having a noble goal.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2012, 02:02:46 pm »

Define "Noble". It will be revealed through RP and IC. Cael is pretty good there.

Also, things that are honourable or noble to one may be different to others. Like the stereotypical Knight. Chivalry was known to be a gentleman's deal, but knights did not break their code and also furthered their own cause through...less than clean methods. Though, they knew how to do it in a superbly efficient way, leading to the admiration in pop culture today.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:03 pm »

Arguably, destroying the Magi Association may be considered a very, very noble goal, especially if you consider their outlook on magic: you can go nuts and perform terrible experiences on homeless people, just don't get caught and its all AWWWWRIGHT.

So yes, I'd say his bio is not that much off, although he does look biased towards a Neutral Evil alignment.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:06:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »

Arguably, destroying the Magi Association may be considered a very, very noble goal, especially if you consider their outlook on magic: you can go nuts and perform terrible experiences on homeless people, just don't get caught and its all AWWWWRIGHT.

So yes, I'd say his bio is not that much off, although he does look biased towards a Neutral Evil alignement.
Fine, I guess. But it will be difficult to think of a reason for him and Tiruin to be on the same side.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

Neutral Lawful + Chaotic Good.

What can go wrong?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2012, 02:10:13 pm »

Fine, I guess. But it will be difficult to think of a reason for him and Tiruin to be on the same side.
Yes, it was the only problem I found in his bio. And it is also the biggest hole to fill, I can't see them siding together unless a plot scene forces them to, because they have conflicting personalities.

Neutral Lawful + Chaotic Good.

What can go wrong?
Who is who? He seems biased towards Neutral.

Edit: There is only one sane answer for this predicament. Let us run around in circles and pray for guidance from the Gods of Harvest.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:17:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2012, 02:21:19 pm »

Well, I figured the Church connection would temper him from going totally evil. And it's more destroying the secrecy around the association and it's practices, than killing everyone and erasing the society from existence. If that helps?

There might also be the possibility of Archer's master being taught by Rahul? Or Rahul dispatched to help her after she is struggling with magic or something?

Also:
Because there was no Tsukihime anime.
I hope this is sarcasm, or maybe denial. Because, as sad as it is... this is not true. There is an anime. Just a horrible and inaccurate one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:27:20 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2012, 02:29:07 pm »

Well, I figured the Church connection would temper him from going totally evil. And it's more destroying the secrecy around the association and it's practices, than killing everyone and erasing the society from existence. If that helps?
See? Now we just need an in-game event to throw both Masters together.

There might also be the possibility of Archer's master being taught by Rahul? Or Rahul dispatched to help her after she is struggling with magic or something?
Well, they could create a makeshift alliance due to plot-induced need. It is my best bet so far.

Also:
Because there was no Tsukihime anime.
I hope this is sarcasm, or maybe denial. Because, as sad as it is... this is not true. There is an anime. Just a horrible and inaccurate one.
I think this is denial exactly because of what you just mentioned. It is terrible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:33:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2012, 02:31:23 pm »

Yes, it was the only problem I found in his bio. And it is also the biggest hole to fill, I can't see them siding together unless a plot scene forces them to, because they have conflicting personalities.
*Shrug*

How's this?

Tiruin is used to travelling from place to place, so she rents a manor in the town where the Grail War is going to happen. However, the manor used to belong to Archer while he was alive. Being the curious type, Tiruin explores the manor and finds a secret entrance to the chamber where Archer used to keep his treasures. Most of the treasures are gone since they were stolen a long time ago, but Archer's bow still remains there.
 Then suddenly Haika and Lancer enter. Haika knew that this is where Archer used to live and went there to steal the bow so no one could summon such a powerful servant for the Grail War. Haika thinks that Tiruin wants to summon Archer, but Tiruin is completely oblivious, so Haika tells Tiruin to summon Archer, because Tiruin is an inexperienced master, meaning Archer wouldn't be summoned at full strength and therefore there would be less powerful opponents to deal with. Since Tiruin is so naive, Haika decides to team up with her because that way he could manipulate her and indirectly control Archer. Archer however is too savvy and becomes the one actually making the decisions. Hilarity ensues.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2012, 02:39:30 pm »

@GM: Actually works for me, although the whole "half the living room being destroyed by a strange man who appeared out of nowhere" will be missed.
...How about the improbably delayed summoning? She performs all the ritual, the greatbow cracks and shatters but nothing happens. Haika's char thinks it was probably a fake, Tiruin's char shrugs, goes back to her home with a strange feeling in the back of her head and only then Archer pops out of nowhere.

It is a very faulty summoning by a newbie magus, after all.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25