Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 47024 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2012, 01:02:39 pm »

Aaaaaaaaand the mini fail-turn is done.
 I'm introducing a fatigue mechanic to make the pacing slower and prevent you from being zombies that rest once in a week. And if you're wondering, in game time, you have half of a night remaining until daytime.
 Also,
Spoiler: SPOILARZ!!! (click to show/hide)

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

So the Masters have to get used to pull through all-nighters. Because they have to be able to, their lives are on the line and the Servants aren't exactly well-mannered and nice people.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »

So the Masters have to get used to pull through all-nighters. Because they have to be able to, their lives are on the line and the Servants aren't exactly well-mannered and nice people.

FSN characters have difficult sleep schedules and so will you. >:I
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »

So I guess night patrols will start earlier from now on or the night will be basically useless.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2012, 01:26:21 pm »

So I guess night patrols will start earlier from now on or the night will be basically useless.
No, you need only half of a day or night to rest~

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

I'll put this here before I forget.

Action: Take the girl to the Manor, rest for the rest of the night. Wake her up after she has rested enough.

If she freaks out due to womanly concerns, remember her that Archer does not consider Kira to be a woman.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:35:36 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:05 am »

If she freaks out due to womanly concerns, remember her that Archer does not consider Kira to be a woman.[/b]
:-\

Rest upon return.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:36:29 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2012, 03:07:43 am »

If she freaks out due to womanly concerns, remember her that Archer does not consider Kira to be a woman.[/b]
:-\
Archer considers her to be a girl because women in his opinion are stronger and more independent than she is. It is not much a matter of age because if you don't count the amount of time Archer has been dead, they have similar ages. Kira, being sheltered, naive and oblivious, has way less life experience than Archer had at her age. So Kira still has chances of becoming a woman during the Grail War, it is just a question of how many mental traumas she suffers. :P
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2012, 05:33:09 am »

Kira, being sheltered, naive and oblivious, has way less life experience than Archer had at her age. So Kira still has chances of becoming a woman during the Grail War, it is just a question of how many mental traumas she suffers. :P
Time to re-read the bio again!  :P

Also, wait...

Nuuu! Trauma!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2012, 06:57:14 am »

Time to re-read the bio again!  :P

Also, wait...

Nuuu! Trauma!
I read it. Not amused.

Also, Yuuussss! Trauma!
>Yes?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2012, 09:28:28 am »

Not sure I'm too fond of this 'fatigue' system. The masters are already pretty weak, giving us broad roll penalties seems excessive. I would suggest a build up rather than just immediate negatives whenever you feel we are fatigued? That way we can at least judge oocly how bad off it is.

But anyway, guess there's not much to do but.

Return home, and rest.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:34:00 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2012, 09:38:55 am »

I also think it may be counter-balanced with a more eventful night which does not turn on us. Being attacked after half the night (turn/miniturn) has passed and the Masters started to feel tired seems to be the most probable outcome.

So I'm basically asking that if in the more eventful nights the nighttime will be split so we won't have our first night turn already getting the Masters tired.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45:06 am »

Plan intended coming up. Going IC.

If only the GM made it sure that we made it back safe.  :P

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2012, 11:38:54 am »

Rest back at wherever my Master is going.

Also, I have a question. If the Master rests, and gives prana to the servant while the servant is fighting, will the Servant essentially get endless mana as long as they don't need more mana than the master can give each turn from resting?

For example, I only need 70 mana from Haika each turn to fight at full power. Haika can rest each turn, and give me the 70 mana I need and I can fight at full strength forever. If that isn't possible, then Haika can rest for a turn, then give me 140 mana the next turn, then rest, then mana etc.

:3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2012, 11:43:12 am »

I think resting means sleeping. Or staying still. And you would not want Rahul dozing off in the battlefield lest he be killed very, very easily.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25