Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 46969 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night RTD (Full, no waitlist)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 07:06:36 am »

's not even my decision really.

Lesse what happens.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 07:11:42 am »

I also wanted to remember the contestants that if a mage has their Servant killed, they are still in the game as long as they have their binding spell. Of course that means they would have to hope for a stray servant or kill a Master themselves and make a deal with the Servant.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 07:16:07 am »

As we're discussing, what is really meant by Servants turning invisible - spirit form? Do they cost a command spell? What can they do in that turn?

Will there be fixed locations, or do we have to explore the place first?

((Filled with questions.  :))))

Also, stray servant?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 07:23:17 am »

Spirit form means they are invisible and immaterial. If I remember correctly, that works even for enemy Masters if they lack tracking abilities, but usually a Servant can feel the proximity of nearby Servants. The spirit form allows them to save energy and heal faster, but they can not fight whilst in this form.

As for the fixed locations, it is up to the GM, although the Holy Grail War takes place in a city which is usually explored by the mages before the real battle royale starts.

And a stray servant would mean a Servant which ended up killing their Master or whose summoner ran out of command spells, resulting in the Servant killing them the same way. Believe me, Servants are not too excited by being bound to a mere mortal, and they help the magi out of interest as well. If you have no chance or no interest on winning, they might plot to kill you, depending on the class.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 07:32:25 am »

This has increased my interest tenfold.

Thanks Caellath, for lessons on Mortality.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:08 am »

So... Is this dead?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 06:56:42 am »

I was hoping that you forgot this. : I
 I may be starting a FSN RTD later, but I will make it smaller scaled because managing this would be a bitch. So for now forget about this. Maybe during summer. Actually, during summer, I may actually host something that IS an enormous pain. Because despite the difficulty, I really want to have the players be the servants as well. But that would require A LOT of players. But hey, maybe during summer...

Berserkers are basically batshit insane, meaning they are unable to speak.
Berserkers CAN speak. They kinda just don't. The FSN one spoke a bit before his death and I don't know about the F/Z one yet (I gotta stop being addicted to LoL and watch more episodes xP ).
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night RTD NO I'M GOING TO HOST THIS LATER, LET IT DIE
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 07:13:43 am »

Yey. Now you are being a rational dude. Players as servants ftw. I would still want to play as a mage, though.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:42 am »

Yey. Now you are being a rational dude. Players as servants ftw. I would still want to play as a mage, though.
I would love being either a servant or a mage, but I can only choose to be GM. ;_;

And it would be hell to host.

Saber+Archer+Assassin+Caster with masters - 8 players, but too short.
 Add Berserker - 10 players, bitch to host, yet still short-ish.
 Add Rider - 12 players, hosting is painful.
 Add Lancer - 14 players, hosting is just agonizing.
 Add Avenger - 16 players, damn impossible.

I think I'd like to just have 2 mages and 2 servants as players on the same team, fighting NPC's. Instead of a PvP game, I could make it play more like an interactive story, since I don't have to focus so much on mechanics and I can focus more on the characters and plot. Maybe 2 more players playing mages without servants that just try to help the others. Having everyone on the same side will mean I don't have to write turns in PMs and therefore, once again - more plot. And it would be nice too see some roleplay. I imagine some player that knows little of the setting being lectured by his servant or a more experienced mage, kind of like Shirou in F/SN. And basically, more focus on story may lead to interesting stuff happening.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:46 am »

I would love being either a servant or a mage, but I can only choose to be GM. ;_;

And it would be hell to host.

Saber+Archer+Assassin+Caster with masters - 8 players, but too short.
 Add Berserker - 10 players, bitch to host, yet still short-ish.
 Add Rider - 12 players, hosting is painful.
 Add Lancer - 14 players, hosting is just agonizing.
 Add Avenger - 16 players, damn impossible.

I think I'd like to just have 2 mages and 2 servants as players on the same team, fighting NPC's. Instead of a PvP game, I could make it play more like an interactive story, since I don't have to focus so much on mechanics and I can focus more on the characters and plot. Maybe 2 more players playing mages without servants that just try to help the others. Having everyone on the same side will mean I don't have to write turns in PMs and therefore, once again - more plot. And it would be nice too see some roleplay. I imagine some player that knows little of the setting being lectured by his servant or a more experienced mage, kind of like Shirou in F/SN. And basically, more focus on story may lead to interesting stuff happening.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 07:35:52 am »

Yeah, I like the "more plot" proposal, since that is what I wanted since you started the whole thing. Also, you double-posted.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:57 am »

Also, you double-posted.
Internet is being slow + gateway errors = stuff like this.

Yeah, I like the "more plot" proposal, since that is what I wanted since you started the whole thing.
: I
 Now I feel like abandoning the other unstarted RTD and starting this immediately

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:26 am »

We were waiting, and, judging by the title...This is really dead now, right?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:12 am »

We were waiting, and, judging by the title...This is really dead now, right?
I think I'm going to host a different F/SN RTD, so it's kinda both dead and alive...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:09 am »

The problem being that the other RtD actually has an idea that more people would like to GM, since it is simple and fun. cerapa himself said he was planning on GMing it.

A FSN RtD is more complicated, requires previous lore knowledge from the GM and is unlikely to actually appear out of nowhere.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25