Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 46911 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2012, 04:42:48 am »

Youngster these days, ignoring the wisdom of those centuries older than them. I say the german magus may try to score with her later.

Action: Ignore the magus. If it comes to this, put Kira under the arm and disappear into the shadows (conceal presence) and take her to the roof of a skyscraper.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2012, 06:41:47 am »

@GM: >Independent Action 5 is written as Independendent Action 5.
D :
 How did I miss that?

Also,

Errr...The Holy Grail does not take place every year, only when the Grail concentrates enough energy for the War to start, which usually takes some years.

It already took decades for the Einzbern to get a proper vessel ready in some cases, and there was a hiatus of some centuries if I remember between the 2nd and the 3rd War, not sure though.
Ah, right. I thought that F/Z happened a year before FSN, but I did some thinking and realized that this would be impossible
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:25 am »

Also,

Errr...The Holy Grail does not take place every year, only when the Grail concentrates enough energy for the War to start, which usually takes some years.

It already took decades for the Einzbern to get a proper vessel ready in some cases, and there was a hiatus of some centuries if I remember between the 2nd and the 3rd War, not sure though.
Ah, right. I thought that F/Z happened a year before FSN, but I did some thinking and realized that this would be impossible

He has an excuse, blaming the book.  :P

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:20 am »

Finished reading the IC posts I missed.

I suppose there is no need to explain how that situation would be dangerous for you. Lancer absolutely needs the support of his Master to remain in the physical world, while I do not.

*popcorn*
 Did I mention that I gave you Independent Action 5 rather than a lower rank just so you could be more of a dick?

Edit:

Stroll through town with Kira, protecting her and guiding her as she uses her magic to search for signs of other magi.

If it comes to this, put Kira under the arm and disappear into the shadows (conceal presence) and take her to the roof of a skyscraper.

I also love how Kira has no say in this. : P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:54:38 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2012, 07:13:13 am »

Split that party  :D

Chat with Archer. Also, pass him some mana!

Edit:
I also love how Kira has no say in this. : P

I do, I had to choose.  :P

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:20 am »

The Holy Grail War happens every 50 years. The gap between the Fourth and the Fifth was an anomaly caused by the corruption of the Grail, which meant the gap only lasted 10 years.

Take my Master to the Old City, unless he has a different idea of where to hunt, and search for Magi/Servant pairings. Ensure that my Master can assist me, either through supportive magic or merely giving me prana when I need it.

Also, question, how are you doing Magic vs Magic Resistance? Are you going with (Numbers match, then magic is nulled) or (Numbers match, then resistance won't null it)? Because with how high my Magic Resistance, I should be able to brush off nearly anything that isn't high-tier magic from Caster, or possibly a VERY skilled Magus. ALSO, will Haika's spell that gives Magic Resistance add on to my current magic resistance for MR = X? :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2012, 08:55:54 am »

I think it does not add or you'd be an ultimate mofo against magic. I also think magical resistance does not nullify magic of lower levels, just...resists it. If it worked like the one in canon, then you would have the same magical resistance as FSN's Rider: B, immune to single-action magic and to three-verse spells, in addition to being difficult to hurt even with ritual and great magic. And take note the Masters have lv4 spells, which should be great or ritual magic, but it seems they are able to cast them without much problems nor excessive sacrifices.

In short, I think you are not uber-immune.

Edit: Oh wait, the GM is online.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2012, 09:01:48 am »

^Weakens equal, nullifies lower. Doesn't stack. Also, I made Master magic more powerful in general when compared to FSN in order to keep magi from being too useless.

Now, I guess you can RP team Archer going to the skyscraper and team Lancer walking through the old city.

I'll write a turn later for what Archer can see from the skyscraper when he gets there and for what team Lancer encounters in the old city, so the first half of the night can just be in RP.

Edit: I'll write about more characters today instead of doing a turn. I thought of a twist that makes a certain character more important and of a more interesting introduction for another character. Actually, I will reveal most characters quite early, but taking them out will take much longer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:05:29 am by tomas1297 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:17 am »

Congratulations, Talarion. Your magic resistance is officially only lower than Saber's, who probably has Magic Resistance 5 and is immune to any magic cast by modern magi. Which I admit is a good way of balancing things overall.

@GM: I'm glad you are liking the IC posts. Kira really needs to be dragged around, but it is good to see she resisted her "team" impulses.

And the only problem I see with more powerful magi is that it is fine if they have more powerful spells, but they should do as Tohsaka and carry those previously prepared (like her jewels) to be used while still draining their mana. While Archer's magical resistance in FSN was a big deal (because modern magi have to use their voice to invoke spells and single-verse magic must be very common in combat), in this setting magic resistances would only really matter starting from 4.

I know lower levels of resistance weaken the spells and some Servants do not even have that resistance, but it is the idea of such powerful magi that is poking me.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:15:57 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:44 am »

So...reception? How is it all going?  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:40 am »

So...reception? How is it all going?  :P
Archer is taking his Master to a walk around the rooftops of the city :V
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2012, 10:44:01 am »

Oh no.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2012, 01:08:51 pm »

Fast-travel has just started, and ended for that matter. Kira probably has insects glued to her face like it was a windshield.

And it just happened to me. Our RtD seems to live in a niche. Does anyone but us five read the threads?

If yes, show yourself now.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2012, 01:15:29 pm »

And it just happened to me. Our RtD seems to live in a niche. Does anyone but us five read the threads?
4 players, no wait-list.
 Of course no one but us reads this. : V
 Nothing wrong with that. You don't invite an audience to watch your D&D campaign/WH40k match/whatever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also, there won't be a turn for quite a while, so keep RP-chatting. I command you. : V
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:17:01 pm by tomas1297 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »

Edit: Also, there won't be a turn for quite a while, so keep RP-chatting. I command you. : V
I joined this because of the RP-chatting. It allows me to be a dick and blame my character's antics. It is perfect!

With some effort, we may have a good story going, since we will be allowed to RP details and the seriously problematic alliances the Holy Grail War creates...Although I think the most character development will come from Tiruin.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25