Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187851 times)

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1260 on: October 01, 2017, 10:18:01 pm »

You can't have two elite specs at the same time, they can only go in your last specialization slot.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:08 pm »

I spent some time working on the collection for my upgraded Deadeye rifle. I've managed to collect all the parts, except the crafted rifle, for which I have the recipe buy lack the Huntsman skill. So now I'm playing a lvl 50 alt to collect crafting materials.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 04, 2017, 05:21:32 pm »

http://gw2crafts.net/huntsman.html

If you buy everything you needed, it'd cost about 27 gold. Just do your dailies for two weeks and you should be able to afford 400 Huntsman.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 04, 2017, 10:21:50 pm »

Speaking of crafting, I've decided I'm gonna set my goal to try and level up to 400 in all my crafts.

Doing this will take a fair amount of gold, so I'm gonna try my hand at trading post item flipping for profits.

I've given myself 10 gold as a seed fund, I've got my strategy, and I'll see whether it plays out.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:04 am »

Flipping is pretty hard. Anything worth flipping has already hit unprofitability for the most part due to the 15% sales tax. These 2 websites can help you with making gold with the trading post in other ways though:
https://gw2efficiency.com
http://www.gw2shinies.com

If you have some agony resistance, there are people farming lv40 fractals for gold too. Can make a fair bit of gold quickly.

When you put something up for sale the trading post takes some of its taxes right away which means you lose that money and have to pay it again if someone with more gold undercuts you with a lot of items and you're forced to cancel your sale and repost it. This makes flipping anything with a low profit margin risky.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:44:29 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »

If you're looking for easy money but kinda slow, there's always RIBA silverwastes maps; very solid money but its slower than some methods but it can basically be done on autopilot.
PvP ranked is also solid; getting up to Byzantium is easy and each chest becomes worth a gold and pvp matches themselves are worth roughly 40 silver, not including rewards.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 05, 2017, 05:43:39 pm »

Yeah, I'm targeting anything with a 50% or better ROI, since at least that way 15% sales tax still returns 1/3 or better of the investment. However, this is a fairly small pool of items, smaller still when looking for something with significant trade volume to turn around in a reasonable timeframe. Provided the item's history of sales is high enough, undercutting shouldn't massively affect the turnaround, and if needed, relisting only costs 5%, since the additional 10% is upon item sale, not listing.

Anyway, I've been at it a few days, and so far I've turned a profit, but less than a gold's worth overall. I agree about the Silverwastes, running that on my 80th Thief was how I got my seed money. I'll have to look into PvP though, I've just been doing it for my dailies so far.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 05, 2017, 08:12:49 pm »

You're going about it wrong. That's really really low gold for the time investment. I've made roughly 200 gold over the last week just enjoying the path of fire maps, selling the materials from things i salvage/harvest, and doing some fractal dailies. Doing dungeons will get you a few golds in an hour or so depending on which ones you do. The repeatable "Dungeon Frequenter" achievement rewards you with 5 golds for every 8 dungeon runs on top of the daily rewards on each dungeon path and the materials from loot salvage. You also can farm the short fractal with the dredge and charr bosses and sell the chests on the TP for quick gold.

I almost never go out of my way to make gold and the only times I run into issues is when I need to craft a set of gear costing over a hundred golds or have to buy 275g worth of mounts(stupid 250g griffon) with the expansion. Just playing and selling the mate from salvaging and stopping to harvest valuable things has been enough to allow me to spend my gold fairly frivolously. If you haven't done it in a while, I suggest going through your bank and selling your stockpiled materials if you don't have any immediate plans for them, you're probably sitting on at least 50 golds in there.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:24:06 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 05, 2017, 09:01:43 pm »

You're going about it wrong. That's really really low gold for the time investment. I've made roughly 200 gold over the last week just enjoying the path of fire maps, selling the materials from things i salvage/harvest, and doing some fractal dailies. Doing dungeons will get you a few golds in an hour or so depending on which ones you do. The repeatable "Dungeon Frequenter" achievement rewards you with 5 golds for every 8 dungeon runs on top of the daily rewards on each dungeon path and the materials from loot salvage. You also can farm the short fractal with the dredge and charr bosses and sell the chests on the TP for quick gold.

I almost never go out of my way to make gold and the only times I run into issues is when I need to craft a set of gear costing over a hundred golds or have to buy 275g worth of mounts(stupid 250g griffon) with the expansion. Just playing and selling the mate from salvaging and stopping to harvest valuable things has been enough to allow me to spend my gold fairly frivolously. If you haven't done it in a while, I suggest going through your bank and selling your stockpiled materials if you don't have any immediate plans for them, you're probably sitting on at least 50 golds in there.

Well, with silverwastes you can score roughly 15g a rotation with scrapping and selling on an 80, more if you get lucky and get mostly gear that scraps to stuff currently in vogue (like leather) (or get a shitton more if you're the luckiest goddamn bastard alive and get a queen bee). a good riba rotation takes roughly 45 minutes or so and is kinda relaxing if you've already done your dailies and are just looking for something to do with your hands while listening to podcasts. if you min-max and have a lv 49? (i think) alt scrap to get certain tier mats with all those bags of gear, you can rake in like 200g a day (8hrs~ of grinding riba) there.

Speed running dungeons and fractals is good too but this is my bored, waiting between pvp matches go-to for how ez it is.

funny side note about the state of the current economy: i used to do this way back when heart of maguuma was about to drop and i just stacked basic crafting materials at the time: like 30 full stacks of leather, wood and mithril, those were so cheap then. and then the xpacs dropped and legendary crafting and all that dropped and all those materials have shot up in price (well, not cloth or mithril) and when i came back and saw those prices i dropped a ton of them on the tp. i outright bought 2 precursors (hunter and the colossus) with the proceeds.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 05, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »

Sounds like I have been just in the small time then.  I've generally been running aroung 50-70 zones gathering platinum, iron, and hard wood.  I started looking at dry top, since a mastered griffon makes it so much easier to get around there, but I was skeptical with mithril being at almost vendor price.

Not sure what riba means, care to elaborate?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 05, 2017, 11:53:56 pm »

Red Indigo Blue Amber; it's basically the pattern to run when circling the place and tag events.

I prefer staring at the BLTP myself; can pull a good 50g+ an hour while multitasking.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 09, 2017, 09:05:45 am »

Finally leveled up my Thief in Chef and Jeweler to 400. Made an exotic back piece to celebrate too!

Now I've got a ton of food cluttering up my inventory...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:08 pm »

After leveling my Huntsman to 400 and crafting the component, I realized my Deadeye still needed one more piece for the legendary collection, which required the jackal's sand-portal upgrade. So I spent some time running around with bounty hunters and searching for mastery points until I could unlock that. Grabbed the final piece, got my Legendary Rifle, yay!

With little incentive to continue playing my Thief, I switched over to my Elementalist, determined to try out her new Weaver specialization. After grinding out a few hero points, I completed her Weaver skill tree, and spent some time running around in bounty hunter groups to get a feel for it. I like the fast-paced use of varied skills with wide purpose and utility. I like the survivability and damage potential, though the tradeoff of losing all ranged capabilities hurts. Unfortunately, both survivability and dps are just a bit shy of where they need to be, resulting in just slightly too many deaths and too little dps. I took to the forums to see if I could find some advice to up my game, but my plight seems to be shared by the general community, and has been acknowledged by the Dev's who say they are working on tweaking Weaver numbers. So for now, she is going back into retirement.

Next I'm going to try my warrior, though she needs a bit of leveling up before I can test her new specialization. Last night I got her from 62 to 74, and I plan to get her to 80 and start grinding hero points tonight.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:03 am »

I received GW2 and a discount for Path of Fire in the Jingle Jam bundle yesterday. Part of me is glad it doesn't display the amount of time you've played right up front like Steam does. I'm now level 18 or 19 and have ~82% completed the starting area for the shorties and at least 50% for the elves.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:10 pm »

I finally got the griffon! Boy, that was an involved set of collections; it took me longer to get the Griffon than it did to complete the entire story of PoF. It also made me look for ways to produce gold that I hadn't ever before; I didn't really feel like grinding RIBA Silverwastes over and over, nor Auric Basin. I went gathering and salvaging, with help from GW2Efficiency, I filled up my material storage multiple times and sold off the >50s mats. This got me about 140g by the time i'd finished that.  After that, I liquidated my gathered laurels into Medium Crafting Bags, and sold those, and I had more than enough. I've got about 165g left over.

For the griffon, you need 10 special items you collect from heart vendors at 25g apiece. This is a pretty hefty price tag. You also need "runes", which are gotten from doing various events, two of which are legendary bounties. Goddamn that Legendary Corrupted Facet was brutal. I came up with a new build for survival on my warrior as a result.
Spoiler:  build (click to show/hide)

Then when you get into the story instance in Kormir's dying library, man that was something else. Some of the enemies are ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT, some are pretty easy. They're all underworld sorta enemies, Abaddon related, so Shadow Imps, Aatxes, Fleshreavers, and Shades. There are also corrupted guards running around too. They have elite variants that you're required to kill, who each have a fairly unique ability that you must follow. A corrupted Guard would drop Persistently Blinded on you if you ignored his Stop and Go instructions, an Aatxe would drop high damage fire fields, the shade would knockdown with nearly every attack, etc. The single most bullshit one was the Shadow Imp, who has Phase Shift, where it shows a portion of the ground; if your damage comes from in that portion, it will take damage, otherwise it shows up as EVADED. As a melee build, that more or less forced me to sit still and do nothing for seconds at a time while it evaded 70-80% of damage.

But that's paid off, and I've now unlocked the Griffon for my entire account. Whew.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86