Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187853 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1245 on: September 27, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »

I'm liking some of the specializations but i found i still love the engi scrapper over the holosmith; the hammer with all its damage negations and big aoe cc still is amazing. not to mention in pvp the function gyro is op for multitasking

also here to quickly plug a guild for newbies, my casual guild Cthulhu Saves the World! [CSW]. we basically just do what we want and if anyone wants to join they will. we decayed greatly over the years but we do have a discord and anyone who joins it gets membership (or if i see you rep'ing alot when i can get on). mostly these days we do PvP and I still contribute a bit in WvW.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 28, 2017, 05:23:29 pm »

I spent most of last night doing just enough PoF to unlock my raptor, then doing world events in HoT to unlock my glider. Both were a lot of fun, and I'm definitely glad I came back to GW2.

Thanks for the casual guild offer, but if I do guild up, I'll be looking for a group that I can reliably expect to actively do stuff with.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 28, 2017, 07:03:15 pm »

Welp, I got back in and discovered there's a new class!

So I've leveled up a new character to 10th so far, remembering how the controls work again. It's been fun and I'm enjoying the ride, but I think I need to work towards getting a mount soon. The base character speed is awfully slow.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 28, 2017, 07:08:36 pm »

but I think I need to work towards getting a mount soon. The base character speed is awfully slow.

If you have a lvl 80, it should take less than an hour to get the basic raptor mount, which is great for just getting around quickly and a quick burst of damage when initiating a fight. Playing further into the expansion unlocks mounts with extra features like gliding or waterwalking.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:22 pm »

I've got an 80th Asura Thief, so I might go do that. I also have a few insta-levelers that I'm considering using on my Elementalist and Engineer, since they're both sitting on 2nd level.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 28, 2017, 09:12:55 pm »

The Expansion should also have given you a lv80 boost so you can instantly get that character to max level too. If I'm not mistaken it lets you preview/test the character at lv80 before you choose if you really want to use it on this character.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:16:02 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 29, 2017, 02:01:16 am »

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not I don't think it is but people seem fond of putting a spoiler warning before talking about it.

Spoiler: hidden mount (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 29, 2017, 03:11:49 am »

I went ahead and got my raptor. It's nifty! Makes walking across maps a hell of a lot faster.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 30, 2017, 03:45:13 am »

Got the Scourge specialization for necromancer unlocked and after putting a power build together for it I can say that losing your second health bar isn't a problem. With the right build you're much harder to kill than before.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 30, 2017, 04:21:05 am »

I started the Deadeye specialization for my Thief, and have most of the skills unlocked now. I traded out my dual pistols for a rifle, gaining significant range which is great in some fights, but losing an interrupt and smoke-field, both of which I used frequently. I also replaced my stealing skill with a ranged variant that instantly refreshes when the target dies; it's great for blowing up small enemies, and much more practical during ranged fights. Overall, I'm enjoying the Deadeye.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 30, 2017, 11:09:41 am »

My thief uses a pistol-dagger combo for solo, and shortbow for teamwork. I found pistol-dagger style heaps of fun, namely using Steal to get in close, use whatever you've stolen, then Shadow Strike away for distance. Shortbow has lots to offer with grabbing multiple target aggro, since main attack shots rebound off up to three enemies. I should try Deadeye though, it looks nifty.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 30, 2017, 03:10:32 pm »

My ranger is druid specced.  Power toughness healing power.  She was originally built as a WvW heavy support, but after spirits were nerfed she became the druid that just does not die. 

Pet is a Sylvan wolf, which can heal. Primary weapon is a staff, which heals everybody near it's target, she runs glyphs, which are traited to create a small aoe heal under her whenever they are used, her elite skill is the only nature spirit I still like, which pulses a regeneration aura and can mass rez downed players, her healing skill is the ranger's massive persistent AoE Healing spring, when shit hits the fan she can celestial avatar which has strong enough healing skills to save the day even if yer not pumping healing, and she runs mercy runes, which cause her to rez people faster, take significantly less damage when rezzing people, and rez them with more health.  It takes a lot to down her, and she's usually the last one standing when there is a wipe.

Downside is that she's very slow to kill anything solo.  Using a longbow and a sand lion when dps is needed to try to maximize that power stat, but she still takes 3x the time to kill something my warrior does.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:14:13 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 30, 2017, 03:24:08 pm »

I started the Deadeye specialization for my Thief, and have most of the skills unlocked now. I traded out my dual pistols for a rifle, gaining significant range which is great in some fights, but losing an interrupt and smoke-field, both of which I used frequently. I also replaced my stealing skill with a ranged variant that instantly refreshes when the target dies; it's great for blowing up small enemies, and much more practical during ranged fights. Overall, I'm enjoying the Deadeye.

I went with a sword-pistol combo to go with my rifle on deadeye. Sword 3 is good aoe damage and a stun and sword 2 is a great way to engage at range, get some damage in, teleport back to range and swap to rifle to finish things. Here's my deadeye build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU8an0MBNGj9OBWOBUGjFaCj/XWMbmaBgJ0sxLMkGKDA-jhROABsa+rXdDdr8rWlgAs/Qzq/AA-e

There a special hidden mechanic with rifle and skills that roll like the Withdraw heal and Roll For Initiative. If you use these skills while kneeling to roll backwards, for a short moment you'll be considered as standing and if you use rifle 4 you'll follow the backwards roll with the standing rifle's backwards shadowstep. This lets you create a huge gap very quickly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:26:37 pm by Ygdrad »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 01, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »

After spending the last few days faffing about HoT, I decided to go back to PoF long enough to pick up my hopper, thinking it might help me get around a bit easier. I'm a bit disappointed with it's initial jump height, and it looks like the upgrade will take a while to unlock, but it's better than nothing. Along the way I also picked up the raptor leap upgrade, and I'm quite happy with that; now I can leap around maps at super-speed!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »

I'm wondering: Is it possible to go with both elite specialization routes with your two weapons? For example, a Thief with both Daredevil staff and Deadeye rifle? I wonder whether that would mesh well as a build?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86