Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187860 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1215 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:00 pm »

Your server no longer dictates PVE population. All world zones have the servers merged. Only WvW(pvp) is still separated. I don't think american and european servers can play together though.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 02, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »

So you can have a multi-server guild, then, that's cool. Especially with that many servers and a fee to change from one to another (even with an empty account -_- )....

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 04, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »

So, I succumbed to the pre-order madness and have the expansion.

So far, the area has impressed me. It's a nice balance between horribly tough monsters and space to breath. These mobs really are a touch above what I've run into in Orr, the first few weeks should be interesting.  The revenant is fun to play.  I still prefer my ele, but I've held that opinion for the past 3 years. Nothing's going to change it.  Revenant is a nice mix between a warrior (damage dealt and resisted) and thief (uses an initiative-like mechanic). 

ArenaNet wasn't kidding when they said this map was vertical.  It's not as much of a gotcha deathtrap as some of Dry Top, but you can fall a long way down here.

Sadly, doesn't look like the expansion comes with any better heavy armors.  Metal bikinis and miniskirts abound.  That MMO devs can't bother to come up with semi-sane armors alternately disgusts and irritates me but I'm sure there's some good options, they just don't come with beta characters.

Anyone have any specific questions or things they want me to try out before the beta closes?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:22:29 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 09, 2015, 05:11:30 am »

Playing again for I don't know why reasons.

Spent two hours yesterday failing at the Troll's Revenge puzzle in Lion's Arch. Good thing you can glitch your way up to the path to the third chest, I can't imagine how much more time I would have to waste if I had to start from the beginning every time I fell. I'm even surprised ANet didn't fix that. Could just put an obstacle between where the void jump puts you and the path.

I'm liking engineer a hell, hell of a lot more than I did my necromancer. It's much more active and I can even create combos just by myself (though it is hard to tell whether those are particularly effective). I still like the idea of my necro but I don't really know how to play them. I guess they're not a class for straight damage but I don't really know how to maximize conditions use. And even if I did I'd still need a damage-ish build for soloing. I forget, can you save skill/specialization sets so you can swap everything quickly? (PS: Is minion AI still terrible? In the past they would often just chill while I was fighting, not attacking at all, and of course you can't command them. What about scaling, do they inherent any gear stats?)

Have a thief too, also more active than necro, but I don't think I like melee in this game. There is just too much Going On in a melee (graphics wise) and it makes the tells that you need to avoid almost impossible to see. I don't just mean the red-ring ground effects that you dodge from, but the wind up for powerful attacks. This is not helped by the fact that I am constantly watching my own ability bars for the things on cooldown. (Wouldn't mind a configurable heads-up icon indicators for things, like WoW has from PowerAuras or various other Scrolling Combat Text mods.)

Do the Bay12 guilds still exist/are recruiting from this thread, or should I just join a guild at random? My necro is 80 but still wearing, like, level 60, 70ish gear because I quit before I started on the level 80 zones. Only "group" stuff I've done are zone events, no dungeons.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:14:15 am by Niveras »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 09, 2015, 08:48:36 am »

Spent two hours yesterday failing at the Troll's Revenge puzzle in Lion's Arch. Good thing you can glitch your way up to the path to the third chest, I can't imagine how much more time I would have to waste if I had to start from the beginning every time I fell. I'm even surprised ANet didn't fix that. Could just put an obstacle between where the void jump puts you and the path.

I'm liking engineer a hell, hell of a lot more than I did my necromancer. It's much more active and I can even create combos just by myself (though it is hard to tell whether those are particularly effective). I still like the idea of my necro but I don't really know how to play them. I guess they're not a class for straight damage but I don't really know how to maximize conditions use. And even if I did I'd still need a damage-ish build for soloing. I forget, can you save skill/specialization sets so you can swap everything quickly? (PS: Is minion AI still terrible? In the past they would often just chill while I was fighting, not attacking at all, and of course you can't command them. What about scaling, do they inherent any gear stats?)

Have a thief too, also more active than necro, but I don't think I like melee in this game. There is just too much Going On in a melee (graphics wise) and it makes the tells that you need to avoid almost impossible to see. I don't just mean the red-ring ground effects that you dodge from, but the wind up for powerful attacks. This is not helped by the fact that I am constantly watching my own ability bars for the things on cooldown. (Wouldn't mind a configurable heads-up icon indicators for things, like WoW has from PowerAuras or various other Scrolling Combat Text mods.)

Do the Bay12 guilds still exist/are recruiting from this thread, or should I just join a guild at random? My necro is 80 but still wearing, like, level 60, 70ish gear because I quit before I started on the level 80 zones. Only "group" stuff I've done are zone events, no dungeons.

As you get used to your skills coolbar-watching will stop.  Missing tells can be annoying in zergs, but it's manageable. I just watch my health and dodge out to heal when I drop to about half.

For good engineer builds, try metabattle.com and the engineer subforum.  Also, if you like active fighting and good ranged power, ele might be a good fit.  Brace for a lot of new skills though.

I'd suggest the Legion of Honor / Operation Union as a guild. It was founded to help newbies and people who've been out for a while get used to the game.
Forum thread, post to join https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/players/Operation-Union-Bringing-Players-Together-2
Guild site http://operationunion.enjin.com/
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2015, 07:32:51 am »

I am currently downloading. This is exciting!

If anyone doesn't have the expansion, the patch still has a bunch of improvements to guilds and other things. Try out the new targeting controls - they make the game handle similarly to Skyrim.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2015, 10:31:49 am »

With the release of the expansion, I again openly invite all Bay12'ers to join my (now greatly diminished) guild, Cthulhu Saves the World [CSW]. We leaked alot of members over the years, and I could use some bros to help rebuild. All bay12 members who PM me here with an account name and who pm me ingame at Jimbo.8952 will be verified and grandfathered as regular members instead of lowly prospects. You know, like a gang.
We don't require 100% rep and we will happily answer any newbie questions and offer advice if asked.

About minion AI: It is pretty bad. It would be pretty strong in pvp if the minions were actually even more stupid and attacked your current target to the exclusion of everything else, but ehhh.

My first, my main, my everything is the Engineer profession. I tried sooooo many different builds over the years, I cant even tell ya. Before respecs were free, i must've spent 1g in costs. Engineers are the class with the highest skill ceiling, bar none. They can do everything any other class can do, but it's harder/requires more game knowledge. You know you can stack an 11sec stealth on an engi? Yeah. They benefit from creativity as you mix different parts of their skills into a blend that causes rockets to occasionally fly out of your crotch whenever anything hits an opponent, and causes bleed/cripple/wtf moments.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2015, 09:17:22 pm »

Hurray, expansion!  And the Mad King!
To summarize:

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2015, 10:03:06 pm »

Wow, it's been a long time since I stopped playing this (and with work these days it's very difficult to find time to actually play games, let alone all the games), I think I stopped ten levels short of max level because I was getting tired of playing solo all the time. I was also deeply, deeply, so very deeply saddened that the engineer flamethrower apparently is not really a viable weapon to use primarily. Unless something has changed since back then, grenades were pretty much the only engineer option aside from perhaps bombs. Elixer gun could be fun too, but I want my damn flamethrower >=3

What server are you on? If I play again I'd have to redownload the whole client because new computer.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2015, 11:05:14 pm »

Wow, it's been a long time since I stopped playing this (and with work these days it's very difficult to find time to actually play games, let alone all the games), I think I stopped ten levels short of max level because I was getting tired of playing solo all the time. I was also deeply, deeply, so very deeply saddened that the engineer flamethrower apparently is not really a viable weapon to use primarily. Unless something has changed since back then, grenades were pretty much the only engineer option aside from perhaps bombs. Elixer gun could be fun too, but I want my damn flamethrower >=3

What server are you on? If I play again I'd have to redownload the whole client because new computer.

Darkhaven. We do occasionally help in our WvW but I go to Edge of the Mists alot and play sPvP. Of course, we do run dungeons and fractals whenever someone invites. Alot of Silverwastes grinding (a new area that's like a raid, pretty fun and grindy) recently though.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 24, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »

Been having fun with the expansion and the new specializations. We finally got some properly challenging content :D

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2015, 11:01:53 pm »

Only issue I have: the masteries are grindy as fuck.

It's a matter of perspective. They're meant to be long term progression, of course it's going to be grindy if you try to get it all right now, being lv1 and looking at lv80 is definitely going to look grindy if you're trying to get to it right away.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:16 am »

Important thing to note: They went on about how they were making things easier for small guilds.

Claiming a guild hall doesn't apply, evidently.

I love GW2, it's a fun great game, its devs, arenanet, on the other hand are pretty terrible. They take ages to fix some things, will scrap some systems rather than fix them(various character animations and voiced lines in the open world), and are seemingly incapable of balancing anything since their balance guy left to work on League of Legends years ago.

I stopped caring or being surprised by what they screws up. As long as the game remains enjoyable I'll keep playing.

They DID make things easier for small guilds at some point though. It's just not a trend they can possibly keep going with since big guilds need goals to work towards too and the big guilds have way more people in them. They should've never mentioned making things easier for guilds since surely someone at Arenanet knew they couldn't keep that promise.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:28:54 am by Ygdrad »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 29, 2016, 11:17:03 am »

Triple post and necro:

Living Story Season 3 is starting July 26th

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/watch-the-trailer-for-out-of-the-shadows/

Heart of Thorns is also sitting at half price, presently.
strangely enouogh - i am still playing. right now i am challenging myself to get through the bloodstone fen content without touching my mouse. in a celestial equipped staff ele.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 22, 2017, 11:21:03 am »

My turn to necro! The Path of Fire expansion is out now with a second batch of elite specializations, mounts, and new maps.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 86