Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187893 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1170 on: January 30, 2015, 06:53:36 pm »

The gold-gem rates are downright nasty nowadays, but it's still a floating supply and demand situation. Just don't expect to get any significant amounts unless you dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to wealth accrual.

Fun fact: It started out at about 10 copper per gem.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 02, 2015, 01:43:58 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:10:44 am by penguinofhonor »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 02, 2015, 09:08:34 pm »

That is uncanny. But the part where it says "Journey into the heart of the jungle" is a bit of a give away.
Also, have they announced what content will be free and what will not?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 03, 2015, 12:12:19 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:11:14 am by penguinofhonor »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 04, 2015, 11:52:11 pm »

They have not. I assume the new area will require the expansion, as well as everything directly related to it (the single player story, area-specific masteries, guild halls because apparently they're located in the new area), and other things like WvW and masteries are more general and will be added to the base game.

The Revenant and each class' specialization (there's apparently only one per class for now) will need the expansion because that's how new class stuff in expansions typically works. I would assume the mastery system required the expansion too, but apparently they're making masteries for all the existing maps. People without the expansion will probably be able to get those.

That sounds reasonable.

I figure anything completely new = expansion, updates to existing areas = free.  But ANet could also do it like NPE skillpoints and just not let people use masteries/etc in the old areas until they buy the expansion.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 13, 2015, 12:41:34 am »

In case anyone has been looking for people to play Guild Wars 2 with, we picked it up again and started a new guild because the bay12 one was inactive with a few of my real life friends.

PM me: Nanashi Chiyoko

Guild: Hold My Ale I Got This [NOPE] - teamspeak3, guild stash, still upgrading guild influence at tier 3.

Yesterday we did Fractals with Hachslay with a bunch of new people and we cleared two while wiping a bunch. Wasn't stressful or optimal farming but it was fun to wing it and have new guys clear them for the first time.

Hope to see you on, cheers.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 13, 2015, 08:08:36 am »

In case anyone has been looking for people to play Guild Wars 2 with, we picked it up again and started a new guild because the bay12 one was inactive with a few of my real life friends.

PM me: Nanashi Chiyoko

Guild: Hold My Ale I Got This [NOPE] - teamspeak3, guild stash, still upgrading guild influence at tier 3.

Yesterday we did Fractals with Hachslay with a bunch of new people and we cleared two while wiping a bunch. Wasn't stressful or optimal farming but it was fun to wing it and have new guys clear them for the first time.

Hope to see you on, cheers.

I'll see you guys on - my main is Blind Harry, Warrior, but i also have an 80 Necromancer called "Damin Acemourn", and am working on a Ranger at the moment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 13, 2015, 02:58:54 pm »

I've picked up the game again recently as well. First time in probably a year and a half.  Ramtak, 80 Charr spirit ranger, which is apparently an even rarer spec now than it was back when I played actively.  She's geared out in mostly ascended, which is probably horribly outdated by now.

I primarily WvW on dragonbrand but nice to do a bit of PvE content now and then.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:00:48 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 13, 2015, 09:15:11 pm »

I've picked up the game again recently as well. First time in probably a year and a half.  Ramtak, 80 Charr spirit ranger, which is apparently an even rarer spec now than it was back when I played actively.  She's geared out in mostly ascended, which is probably horribly outdated by now.

I primarily WvW on dragonbrand but nice to do a bit of PvE content now and then.

Ascended is still the top. There are legendaries, but they don't really have anything on Ascended.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 13, 2015, 10:55:54 pm »

Ascended is still top. GW2 doesn't add gear tiers like other MMOs. One of its selling points.

Although with this coming expansion it looks like they are adding gear/skill checks for content. I'm pretty irritated about that. Raids/treadmills were a big reason I didn't get other MMOs, and no we're getting gated by these mastery tracks. Lol wut ANet? 

Between that, the emphasis on constant metaevents and the weird choices around gliding...I keep getting less interested in this expansion the more I hear about it.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:11 am »

Stronghold (GvG-moba lol) looks pretty decent. But the pve content is pretty meh. I just hope the revenant is good.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1181 on: June 25, 2015, 06:13:10 am »

So with the new addon/expansion coming out, is anyone looking to start playing the game who hasn't played it before? I didn't buy it at launch because my PC was pretty crap at the time. Now I have a decent one, but am hesitant to start playing because the lower level zones etc. might be a pretty inactive. Figured the addon would bring at least some new players to the game, so if anyone wants to start a (new & newbie) Bay12 guild, I'm in.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 25, 2015, 11:59:30 am »

Now I have a decent one, but am hesitant to start playing because the lower level zones etc. might be a pretty inactive.
You're not likely to have an inactivity problem. Between the Daily Achievements tasking people to kill world bosses or do events across the early areas, and the way the megaserver system merges lower populated instances of the PvE world into higher populated ones, there's always people around. Sometimes too many.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 29, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

Is it worth trying out?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86