Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187909 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1125 on: September 22, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »

I have not played the in about 8-9 months. Can anyone tell me if they ever ungimped the Ranger? They kept saying a fix was coming but I never saw it.

Well...kind of. Ranger with longbow is currently a long-distance killing machine.  Other than that, not much changed AFAIK.

After playing it for a bit, I really can't recommend the game like I used to. The trait changes from April are terrible.
Summary: You now have to do a specific task (ex: 100% complete a specific map, do a specific group event chain) or pay 1000x times more to unlock the trait.  Each trait for each character has to be unlocked individually.  Traits don't unlock until 20 levels past where they used to.

New alts are utterly gimped compared to old characters. They will never be as powerful during leveling. It would take months of just working through the trait tasks to get where a brand new 80 used to be.  I still like a lot of things about GW2, and I'm not going to stop playing a game I still enjoy, but if you want to take up an MMO again I'd recommend something where they don't lock essential features behind a gold wall. 

The latest update had lot of bugs.  The most hilarious one makes diving goggles inaccessible to level 80s. The personal story is less coherent and interesting because they removed some of the later missions with backstory and explanation.  It's kind of a mess, and they've already issued 8 post-release patches to try and fix things without success.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 22, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »

Bumping for Halloween update! This year is much, much better than last year. 

The Labyrinth actually drops items.

ANet brought back vendors from previous patches so you can spend your leftover tokens from the Bazaar, etc. 

The Mad King and Bloody Prince continue to they creepy dialogue, and the skin from Mad King Says is nice looking. 

Halloween currencies were rebalanced so it doesn't cost all your limbs to get the minis. 

There's PvP achievements and a PvP reward track.

All in all it's a good update and I'm having a blast.  The one problem is a change to the gold/gems conversion, but since I haven't bothered with gems in over a year it doesn't impact me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:06:25 pm by Ghills »
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 23, 2014, 11:46:26 pm »

The currency rebalance was kind of a funny one, if you follow the drama. Summed it, it basically went: "Well, there were millions of candy corn out there still, so making them cost a fortune would've sunk them." "Yeah, but those millions were held by only a few people." "Oh well. We'll try again."

The gold->gem conversion is being changed again, to allow a custom input box. Thank goodness they're going to pay attention to the player base on that count.

The bulk of the content is still the same as last year's, but there's some new minor stuff in the bargain. Particularly worth highlighting is the lottery drawing to get skins of Halloween 1. (The shield, last I checked, is worth north of 2000g.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:42 am »

Particularly noteworthy is the balm grind. Make tons of bags!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 19, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »

Wintersday update is out.

Pros:
1. Story adds a nice touch
2. Activities are still just as fun as ever (exception noted below)
3. Bell Choir in particular continues to be awesome.

Cons:
1. Due to bad coding, the PvP update means people can't party up for Toypocalypse anymore. This is why code for one game mode shouldn't be reused for another game mode.
2. Achievements more grindy than last year.  People who collect AP are sad.
3. The Wintersday gift boxes give more containers. It's Container!ception.  Or Containerworld, which is containers all the way down. Am seriously considering binding my scroll wheel to clicking so I can save my hands.

To summarize:

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 19, 2014, 04:14:43 pm »

Any idea how long it's running this year? I won't be back at my desktop until at least mid-January. =(
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 19, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »

i think january 13th (or something around that) continues the next season 2 story part. so i guess the winter stuff goes to around that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 11, 2015, 05:51:31 am »

Am I the only one that liked Scarlet?
I am playing less now that her story is done.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To summarize:

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 24, 2015, 05:18:32 pm »

Well, new expansion announced called Heart of Thorns

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/?_ga=1.14211007.945611294.1422134243

What everyone think so far on it? I imagine a lot hasn't been fully shown yet.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 24, 2015, 06:42:40 pm »

right now waiting to see what all the specializations are and whether I'm going to want a Charr Revenant, or Reroll my Norn Warrior to a Charr and go Norn Revenant.  Both seem like good fits lore wise since Charr have forsaken all gods, so "ancestor" worship kinda seems logical, while Norn def have the spirit thing going for them too.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:11 pm »

The revenants are kind of interesting in that department. I don't think they have so much cast off the gods, so much as they are able to channel the power of... actual history, unlike other heroes.
This doesn't mean they couldn't really get any power from gods. They could possibly channel the legend of Grenth slaying Dhuum and assuming his place as God of Death, for example.
There isn't really much we can do but speculate, anywho.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 25, 2015, 05:10:53 am »

Is it me, or are Necromancer pets completely broken for PvE?

Broken as in, if I was a higher level, I could solo endgame dungeons without breaking a sweat kinda broken.

I just started, so low level undead pets obviously. But, they keep getting stuck in terrain or just standing still not doing anything. So I run around them until the enemy AI switches to my pet and they act as an invulnverable tank who heals to full every second. Sometimes I tell my pet to charge, they get the enemy, and most of the time my pet(s) get stuck again and broken...or I just resummon to try again.

I've soloed everything like this rofl. Its so easy to do, and supposedly its been like this since February. They can't fix it easily either, because necromancer pet ai is directly tied to regular enemy AI.

Hilarious.

And they can't fix it rofl. And supposedly it worked for a while after one patch (so it can be fixed), but it made Necromancers super strong, so they nerfed it and it broke again ROFL. So their nerf has made my PvE 100% godmode ROFL. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but mostly it does ROFL. And its been like it since February (of 2014).

Best broken pet mechanic ever :D

(edit: I would think this was well known or I'm doing something unique. Cause this bad of a glitch I'd think would be fixed. Especially if its been like this since last year. Unless fixing Necro pets really is impossible without risking breaking all AI. But still, I've played 3 hours so far and unbeatable in PvE. My pet(s) become godmode tanks rofl)

In any case, I'll do more tests next week. I can't turn off the double exp bullshit this weekend and I hate leveling super fast in MMOs. I like to take my time and enjoy it. Heck, it be like playing skyrim and auto completing all quests and skipping to endgame with 100% completion right from the start...too boring lol. Guess there is probably mods for that, but you get my point. I don't want to level faster than normal in an MMO, and my least favorite event is double exp shit...I really hate that. So I won't be playing anymore till that is over)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:21:04 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 25, 2015, 06:08:20 am »

Pets are great for the Necro who doesn't give a shit about damage or conditions or fear. Namely, map completion. Having a number of pets with you at all times is fantastic for survivability in PvE and map completion reasons, but in competitive PvP they're utterly useless - sure, Blood Fiend can heal you like a signet can and does minor damage as well, but if it dies your heal goes on cooldown. Really the only minion worth using is Flesh Golem.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:13 am »

Pets are great for the Necro who doesn't give a shit about damage or conditions or fear. Namely, map completion. Having a number of pets with you at all times is fantastic for survivability in PvE and map completion reasons, but in competitive PvP they're utterly useless - sure, Blood Fiend can heal you like a signet can and does minor damage as well, but if it dies your heal goes on cooldown. Really the only minion worth using is Flesh Golem.

Does Guild Wars 2 let you respect easily at least?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86