Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187915 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1095 on: August 04, 2014, 12:10:41 am »

Good news, they started releasing permanent story/content patches/episodes every two weeks. The catch is that to unlock the episodes you need to log in at least once during the two weeks they're active, after that you can replay their content whenever you want. Gw2 is currently on the third episode of this new living story chapter so if like me you missed an episode, know that episodes can be bought/unlocked permanently for 200 gems each, which you can currently get for 20-30 golds depending on that day's going price. With the changes to dungeon rewards, gold is much easier to come by without having to farm. A bunch of features were added and there were multiple balancing passes, some new traits and skills for all the classes.

Seriously?

I thought the whole damn point of it being free to play is so you could play when you felt like it, and not feel compelled to log in all the time.

Then they make you log in all the time unless you want to pay for all the new content?

...I don't know why I care, I haven't logged into the game for at least 6 months now (I got sick of logging in halfway through some temporary content that I'd never get a chance to finish) but for some reason this just really grinds my gears.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:39 am »

Then they make you log in all the time.

That's once every 2 weeks. For 1 second(the whole process of updating, logging and quitting shouldn't take more than 5 min). In case you want the "temporary" content to become permanent for free, that is.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 04, 2014, 04:23:03 pm »

That said, I'm sort of disappointed that all of this work is going into mehworthy personal story content instead of WvW/GvG/SPvP. Doesn't stop me from spending hours on TS running around rolling people (Sea of Sorrows HYYYYPE, the best tier two WvW server in NA xD).

I'd be up for a B12 guild, though it might be a problem if some folks here are in really uptight guilds that don't want shared members. Thankfully mine is just a bunch of really chill people who hang out and give advice. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 04, 2014, 08:45:34 pm »

The new permanent content is reigniting my interest in GW2.  I hated the story updates before.  Can't stand being forced to log in.  This way seems much more reasonable.

For 10 min/month, I can ensure access to all the story content and rewards.  If I don't want to, I can pay money later for exactly the same privilege. Seems like a great way to balance needing to keep the population up with people wanting to play for free. 

Good news, they started releasing permanent story/content patches/episodes every two weeks. The catch is that to unlock the episodes you need to log in at least once during the two weeks they're active, after that you can replay their content whenever you want. Gw2 is currently on the third episode of this new living story chapter so if like me you missed an episode, know that episodes can be bought/unlocked permanently for 200 gems each, which you can currently get for 20-30 golds depending on that day's going price. With the changes to dungeon rewards, gold is much easier to come by without having to farm. A bunch of features were added and there were multiple balancing passes, some new traits and skills for all the classes.

Seriously?

I thought the whole damn point of it being free to play is so you could play when you felt like it, and not feel compelled to log in all the time.

Then they make you log in all the time unless you want to pay for all the new content?

...I don't know why I care, I haven't logged into the game for at least 6 months now (I got sick of logging in halfway through some temporary content that I'd never get a chance to finish) but for some reason this just really grinds my gears.

I hated the old temporary content too.  But this seems reasonable.  Like clipping coupons or tracking deals sites.  We've got the choice to put in time (log in, farm gold) or money to get a product, or we can opt out of the whole thing i.e. not pay any attention to the story updates. It's a big step forward from where GW2 was.  I'm impressed that the devs listened to the players on that point.

Anyone play elementalists or engineers?  Have things gotten any better with all the bugfixes and balancing?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:49:49 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 04, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »

That said, I'm sort of disappointed that all of this work is going into mehworthy personal story content instead of WvW/GvG/SPvP. Doesn't stop me from spending hours on TS running around rolling people (Sea of Sorrows HYYYYPE, the best tier two WvW server in NA xD).

I'd be up for a B12 guild, though it might be a problem if some folks here are in really uptight guilds that don't want shared members. Thankfully mine is just a bunch of really chill people who hang out and give advice. :))

I'd join a B12 guild too.  Wasn't there one floating around already? Anyone know what happened to it?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 05, 2014, 08:03:40 am »

Kittens Socks and Magma, ye olde B12 guild from day one in which nobody ever logs on anymore.
That was what happened to it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:29 am »

I should probably get back into this game.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:58 pm »

I still play this game on the NA server Ehmry Bay. You can find me if you search for Ygdrad or Ygdrad.7839

Edit: Online right now
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:58:12 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 08, 2014, 12:47:31 am »

Mmmm. Forgot how much fun this can be. Illanta, on NA Hedge of Dvarni(?). Gonna be on for another 30 minutes, if anyone's interested.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 12, 2014, 01:30:54 pm »

I'm also still on ehmry bay. I had network problems for about two months. Unable to log in. Occasionally I can. I am the one playing PvTP. I could pay all episodes with in game money. Also bought the TP to base stone to harvest resource nodes.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 12, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »

I've slowed down again, just logging on daily for my sprockets as I slowly build up enough blade shards to keep upgrading my spinal blades. I've got a tad over 100g at the minute, so I can powerlevel Armorcrafting to 400 whenever. Can't stand the grind to get my ele leveled up, though, and it's turned me off of even trying a mesmer. I guess the downside of exploration-based level gain is that after you've done it the first time it's even more boring than grinding mobs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 12, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »

I've slowed down again, just logging on daily for my sprockets as I slowly build up enough blade shards to keep upgrading my spinal blades. I've got a tad over 100g at the minute, so I can powerlevel Armorcrafting to 400 whenever. Can't stand the grind to get my ele leveled up, though, and it's turned me off of even trying a mesmer. I guess the downside of exploration-based level gain is that after you've done it the first time it's even more boring than grinding mobs.

Technically all you're doing is still grinding mobs, you're just doing it all over the place, which should keep things fresher(is this a word?) than if you were grinding in one spot. Leveling up can be very fast once you hit lv30-35 if you run dungeons and most people were given some items to kickstart their character to lv20. Structured pvp rewards levelup items and WvW is pretty insane exp when roaming with a group. I personally find this game one of the least boring grinds out there because of the amount of choice you have, but to each his own.

Edit: hopping on for a bit if anyone wants to join in. You can contact me on steam: Ygdrad, or ingame account:Ygdrad.7839, currently on character Vaan Ish.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:54:20 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

Technically all you're doing is still grinding mobs, you're just doing it all over the place, which should keep things fresher(is this a word?) than if you were grinding in one spot. Leveling up can be very fast once you hit lv30-35 if you run dungeons and most people were given some items to kickstart their character to lv20. Structured pvp rewards levelup items and WvW is pretty insane exp when roaming with a group. I personally find this game one of the least boring grinds out there because of the amount of choice you have, but to each his own.

Edit: hopping on for a bit if anyone wants to join in. You can contact me on steam: Ygdrad, or ingame account:Ygdrad.7839, currently on character Vaan Ish.

Not exactly. Mobs make up between 10 and 15% of your experience. Also I would like to refer to one of wooden potatoes videos on how to make leveling a new character fun again, but can't as I am posting this from my mobile phone.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpZutZFya8
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:25:00 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

I leveled both my Engi and Ele to 80 through the Edge of the Mists Karma Train. Shouldn't take more than a few days to get to 80 if you get on a good train.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 13, 2014, 11:18:22 am »

I leveled both my Engi and Ele to 80 through the Edge of the Mists Karma Train. Shouldn't take more than a few days to get to 80 if you get on a good train.
This is normally what I do, but it's still boring as fuck, just slightly less so. Though it helps that I use Artificier 1-400 for the 60s levels.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86