Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187935 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »

I really love this game. My problem, though, is I can never find anyone who wants to quest with me, and I'm not at all sure how to get into a guild. Anyone out there interested in grouping up for a while? I have a level 10 Asura elementalist at the moment if that matters.
What server are you on?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2013, 11:10:28 pm »

I really love this game. My problem, though, is I can never find anyone who wants to quest with me, and I'm not at all sure how to get into a guild. Anyone out there interested in grouping up for a while? I have a level 10 Asura elementalist at the moment if that matters.
What server are you on?
You don't really need the server, just share the id.####, so you can add to friendlist and/or invite to guild.  Then guest/party when ya get on together.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:32 pm »

Well server could be relevant if he's considering inviting him to a guild. Guild stuff is per server - I'm pretty sure if you're not on the server your guild is primarily on, you're basically in an entirely different version of your guild that probably has to start from scratch and you won't get any of the main-server bonuses.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:25 am »

Finished part two of the personal story on my asura. I took the infinity ball.
The Personal Story isn't all that personal, your ability to actually make decisions is very limited.

Specifically, approximately every 10 levels, you're presented with a decision to make which sets the tone for the next set of missions. Within each set, you also might have to pick between specific missions to undertake. You've also got the various personality branches which give a bit of NPC flavor.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 05, 2013, 01:21:56 am »

Well server could be relevant if he's considering inviting him to a guild. Guild stuff is per server - I'm pretty sure if you're not on the server your guild is primarily on, you're basically in an entirely different version of your guild that probably has to start from scratch and you won't get any of the main-server bonuses.
Eh, even so, its like an extended friends list and he can join multiple guilds anyways, so it doesn't matter that much.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2013, 03:07:40 pm »

My home world happens to be Borlis Pass.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 17, 2013, 06:26:24 pm »

If anyone wants to try the game before sinking money into it:

Free trial weekend April 19-21. To get your code, you have to go to a partner site, find the relevant page, do whatever they ask you to do (PC Gamer has you visit their Facebook page), and that's that. Accounts from the previous trial will also be reactivated.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 19, 2013, 03:13:12 pm »

Remember that commercial for the super adventure box?  They did a bunch of fake sprites and stuff for the kid to be playing an older version of the game.

Turns out one of the devs went and made it a full game.

It is extremely hard.  And rightfully they say to play on easy unless you are a wizard.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 19, 2013, 12:49:58 pm »

So there's events and shit going on in Southsun Cove again. You can get two backpieces with enough achievements. The first is a flower that goes really well with Sylvari cultural gear, and the second is a Karka shell with... tentacles. It's weird. They wiggle a bit.

I have both now.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 31, 2013, 02:18:14 am »

After some time away, I decided to get back to GW2 and have some more fun with it. Do any of you still play or want to give the game another go? I'm on the Ehmry Bay north-american server. Guesting between server makes playing together easy unless someone on a european server, since you can't guest between NA and EU.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:05 am »

I still play periodically and am quite enjoying it (perhaps the only MMO I've been able to consistently keep coming back to), I'm on the Ehmry Bay server as well.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 31, 2013, 02:43:17 am »

I still play periodically and am quite enjoying it (perhaps the only MMO I've been able to consistently keep coming back to), I'm on the Ehmry Bay server as well.

What's your name on there? My account ID is Ygdrad.7839 and the character I play the most right now is Vaan Ish.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:17 am »

Can anyone who is actively playing comment on the state of pvp?

Last I played the the bunker or burster setups were incredibly stale, with game balance set up for either extreme. The strategic restriction further magnified by only a select few viable builds. Any changes here, or is it still go full bunker or full burster or gtfo?
Also I remember ranged weapons and kiting dominating the battlefield, with melee weapons serving only for a few burst builds. Have they toned down kiting somewhat yet?

How about the ranking and queue system? Is there a seperation of group queue and solo queue so you can play at an even level if your team isn't on/don't have a team? Are they showing individual rating yet, or still just your relative position in the ranking?
Let me know if there's any other major changes relevant to the pvp scene, it's been quite a while since I played so I'm not up to speed.

I'm still curious wether they can live up to their promise of making the game esport worthy, something they sadly failed at on and after launch.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:37 am »

Can anyone who is actively playing comment on the state of pvp?

Last I played the the bunker or burster setups were incredibly stale, with game balance set up for either extreme. The strategic restriction further magnified by only a select few viable builds. Any changes here, or is it still go full bunker or full burster or gtfo?
Also I remember ranged weapons and kiting dominating the battlefield, with melee weapons serving only for a few burst builds. Have they toned down kiting somewhat yet?

How about the ranking and queue system? Is there a seperation of group queue and solo queue so you can play at an even level if your team isn't on/don't have a team? Are they showing individual rating yet, or still just your relative position in the ranking?
Let me know if there's any other major changes relevant to the pvp scene, it's been quite a while since I played so I'm not up to speed.

I'm still curious wether they can live up to their promise of making the game esport worthy, something they sadly failed at on and after launch.

I haven't done much spvp, but some recent-ish class changes gave players more/better tools to counter bunkers, and with good situational awareness burst builds are a joke as you also hit them like a glass cannon since they're so squishy. I can't comment on spvp queues and ranking since most of my pvp is done roaming in WvW.

I'm ingame right now if anyone wants to play, just add one of these to friends and you should find me, Ygdrad, Ygdrad.7839, or Vaan Ish.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:11:04 am by Ygdrad »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 86