Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187934 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1020 on: March 31, 2013, 11:48:22 pm »

I meant how many bay12ers are one?  I'm not hugely committed to HoD, don't know a lot of people.  I'd be interested in group questing if there's any b12ers around level 15.  Hell, I'd probably be okay with starting a new character.
Shoes...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 01, 2013, 12:33:13 am »

My trekking Asura is level 16? 17? My other 2 multis, a Char engi and a Norn ranger (sterotypes) are around there.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 01, 2013, 12:42:54 am »

I'm on Anvil Rock. It's pretty lonely. I think there's one other B12 person here.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 01, 2013, 03:53:20 am »

EDIT:  I just found out that Asura can't do the Skritt racial sympathy quest.  My life is basically over right now.

Pay in mind the asura were orginally designed to be genocidal towards skritt but they took that out because it was a little extreme.
Something to do with their potential intellect trumping theirs in large enough numbers. There's an event reflecting this, where after you capture a group of skritt for IQ testing the group suddenly becomes hyper intelligent and tries to take over the lab and turn the tables on the asura.

Retro time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:11:52 am by Jelle »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 01, 2013, 09:15:05 am »

Interesting, can't have any of the 'good' races commit genocide eh? :P
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 01, 2013, 09:24:22 am »

All the more reason to let Asura do the quest!  I'll be the one Asura who loves Skritt!
Shoes...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 01, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

Interesting, can't have any of the 'good' races commit genocide eh? :P

They also gloss over how the dwarves enslaved the dredge (who now enslave themselves...) while the Asura respected their technological developments, particularly in the field of sonics, and were trade partners. The ideologically lofty Kodan also really don't like the dredge, for some reason I can't recall. I want to say that they feel that dredge are too violent and shouldn't be on the surface?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 01, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »

I vehemently hate the dredge.  I've joked that Flame and Frost should end with a global event where we exterminate the dredge and when it's over they're gone from the game forever, and I was only really half-joking.  They're just generally not fun to fight.  They preside over some of the most awful vistas in the game (Dostoevsky peak anyone?) and have some really irritating monsters/mechanics, like the mining suit summoning.

Has anyone else felt like the transition from the starter zone to the 15-25 zone is probably the roughest in the game?  I come in at like 13 and I'm immediately up against 17-19s and there's just not enough XP to catch up.  This has happened every time I got to this point and last time I cleared a different starter zone to get a headstart.  That's what I'm doing this time as well.
Shoes...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »

Can't speak for it much as I don't have many alts but I do recall heading south from queensdale once  and got dumped straight into something like a lv 25 area when my map said it was supposed to pick up from 15.  Turns out west side of kessex is high level, east side is low...who knew?

Other than that though I've had the opposite problem.  I liked the lower level areas much more than the higher level ones.  Both my characters are decked out in full exotic and I'll still go back from time to time to chill and relax.  Queensdale is awesome, Kessex is cool, Caldon forest is beautiful and verdant, ...plains of Ascalon...uh... doesn't completely suck...

Then the interesting terrain and interesting ecology get progressively replaced with zombies, or ice monsters and become less engaging.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:36:42 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 02, 2013, 12:07:16 am »

It's not the theme of the zones or anything, although everything in Shiverpeaks past the first zone sucks.  Lornar's Pass especially is awful.

It's just that one transition.  Every other zone transfer I've done, I was high enough level that I didn't have any problems just going straight to the next one once I've fully explored the last.  The first transfer, between the starter zone and the next, is rough though.  There's not enough XP in zone 1 to get you ready for zone 2 without doing extra questing in other zones.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 02, 2013, 01:49:23 pm »

I think you're supposed to be doing personal story still at that point. It gives you 70% of the quest's level in experience, so a few chapters around levels 10-15 should give you the couple extra levels you need.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 02, 2013, 07:34:57 pm »

My story mission is up to 22.
Shoes...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 04, 2013, 09:22:53 am »

Finished part two of the personal story on my asura. I took the infinity ball.

Actual spoiler, don't open if you don't want to be spoilered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 04, 2013, 08:03:11 pm »

I really love this game. My problem, though, is I can never find anyone who wants to quest with me, and I'm not at all sure how to get into a guild. Anyone out there interested in grouping up for a while? I have a level 10 Asura elementalist at the moment if that matters.

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »

Finished part two of the personal story on my asura. I took the infinity ball.
The Personal Story isn't all that personal, your ability to actually make decisions is very limited.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86