Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187946 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #990 on: March 21, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

I'd be interested.  I'm still on Henge of Denravi.
Shoes...

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 21, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »

There's an option to turn off the silly auto-targeting system so you have actual control of what you're doing, but I recall it still didn't work very intelligently in some scenarios. Still better than the auto-target though.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 22, 2013, 01:17:45 am »

Well I know literally nothing about making guilds, and like I said may not be very active (especially considering I'm flying towards exams at a practically terrifying rate), but if anyone would life to take up the torch, then count me in :D

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 22, 2013, 08:37:56 am »

It is quite unlikely for a 3rd guild to do as well as the first...  well, there was actually another one that poached from the 1st after it had gone inactive, but don't know what came of that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 22, 2013, 10:48:45 am »

I left "Kittens Socks and Magma" a week ago. If you plan on reviving it tell me.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 22, 2013, 12:09:59 pm »

Eh, not the leader of it, still have sub-boss powers myself... but, can't do much in the way of organizing it.

Plus, there is probably the problem of having to be on at the same time to do anything, like inviting and changing ranks.  (Maybe, I don't remember...)

[KSM] still does have the first guild bank upgrade...  but I think I put some random trash into it after it was pilfered for the 2nd guild.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 22, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »

You don't have to be on at the same time to invite or change ranks. The only things [KSM] officers can't do is change what the ranks can do, and use the new guild mission items. The Fool is the only one with full leadership, and he hasn't been here since early February. We also don't have many things unlocked (level 2 in all fields, the first bank upgrade, emblem, armorer contract, and a few banners, plus about 8000 influence), so in starting a new guild we wouldn't lose too much, and it'd have the advantage of clearing the roster of all the inactives, though I suppose some of them might come back and not appreciate finding the old guild abandoned completely.

Anyhow, since there is interest in having a tiny guild at least, it might be a good idea to figure out what times some of us are on simultaneously; no sense getting a guild running only to find our schedules are incompatible. Unfortunately, my schedule is about as erratic as they come. I also only have a single no-RP character, and that's a level 9 guardian. If anyone wants to get in touch with me in game, for what little good it'd do right now, my account name is Leyic.1458.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:24 am »

Ah yes about the subject of guilds, I was thinking of starting my own.
If any of you are interested do let me know, it will be a mostly spvp guild with a special touch if the concept I have in my mind is sound. Still need to test some stuff out so the guild will mostly be a proof of  concept for now.
I'm going to see if I can create an interesting pvp meta when all players are restricted to a celestial amulet, prevent strategy devolving into a pure bunker/burst gimmick.
So yeah, contact me here or ingame if you want in. I can use all the help I can get putting this idea to the test. :)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 25, 2013, 10:32:54 am »

You can't influence the entire community by telling the players in your guild not to use certain items.
Shoes...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 25, 2013, 11:32:08 am »

Within the confines of the guild of course, I thought that was obvious

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 25, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

The only way it'll work... is if it actually works consistently well against skilled pure bunker/burst builds.  Then you gotta share your secrets to the world over a period of time to make sure people try it when they see it and then review it for others and so on...

And yea, my activity is pretty erratic too.  I get on whenever these days. 
Not too interested in spvp myself, mostly cause I suck more then the average spvper.  I am more consistently a wvw person and sometimes a dungeon spelunker.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »

WvW is pretty cool, Henge of Denravi was killing for a while, not sure how we are now.  For a few days Stonemist was in 24/7 Helms Deep Mode with constant whole-server zergs.

I also like sPvP but I can see the issues.  I feel like it might've been more interesting as a standalone thing.  Maybe a F2P game that can be linked to your real account with some kind of associated benefits going back and forth.  Right now your class is limited to what classes you want to play in the real game, and given that everything else is pretty well divorced from your real character it seems silly to limit it like that.

In my last swig of altohol, I switched to a ranger.  Trying to level as a ranger after leveling as a mesmer is a huge breath of fresh air.  They're also fun in PvP, even at lower levels I can get some kills with a longbow, my level 15 mesmer's wvw utility was mostly dependent on whether or not I could find a siege weapon that reached the enemy.

In sPvP though I'm using a tankier close range build, lots of toughness and that passive condition removal beastmaster trait, with sword/dagger and axe/warhorn.  Pretty cool, he can kill basically anyone 1v1 as long as I've got my head in the game, and he can stall really well 2v1 and sometimes even win.
Shoes...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 30, 2013, 12:37:24 am »

I just spent the last 90 minutes walking from Lions Arch to the Black Citadel so I could check out the Living story content.
 It was terrifying.
As a level 11 elementalist, the squishiest class at a squishy level, I lost about half of my total traveling time to deaths, and cartographic failures on my part. Lornar's Pass was easily the most difficult part of my journey. I hate grawl. And icebroods.

I leveled up twice, and broke my pants once.

Also, thank God for speed boosts. It would have easily taken me at least another hour without them, including straight walking time and deaths to enemies that were faster than me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 30, 2013, 02:04:31 am »

You realize there's a portal in Lion's Arch that goes straight to the Black Citadel, right?

Also Elementalists definitely aren't as squishy on average as Mesmers or Theives, especially when you get into the more sustained damage builds. Then they're up there with Guardians.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 30, 2013, 10:45:59 am »

You could argue that, depending on the build, you can make an elementarist fatter then most necromancers, while still having superior damage potential. Poor necros.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86