Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188014 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #780 on: September 14, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

I'm toying with the idea of writing a scientific journal style analysis of the claim by ArenaNet that you can level your crafting with your character. It seems to me that drop rates for fine crafting ingredients are too low for this claim to support itself.

I thought I'd call it "CRAFT: Collectables, Resources And Farming Techniques; a quantitative analysis of the crafting system of Guild Wars 2"

Method would be to measure the level gain of a level 15 Mesmer in a level 15 area who currently has level 75 in Tailor and Artificer. This is to avoid skewing the results due to rapid exp gains from the first 15 levels. The 75 in each discipline would be the appropriate point for the resources gathered in the area (iron, thin leather, wool and tier 2 fine ingredients). The character would complete the map 100% whilst recording the total amount of experience, loot and collectables gathered. This would then be converted into as many crafted items as possible to maximize the crafting levels gained. Then the progress towards next tier of levels vs. next tier of crafting would be compared. Also the total value of the loot would be compared if vendored instead of salvaged and the results used to purchase the needed crafting materials from the Trading Post instead.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 14, 2012, 05:11:22 pm »

When you level a crafting skill you get experience for your character. Assuming you had unlimited resources and gold you could probably level characters from 1 to 80 no problem with crafting. If you reach full crafting levels in two crafting skills and you're not level 80 yet, simply switch to two different crafting skills and raise those up. There's 8 crafting disciplines which means 3200 crafting levels. it's just a matter of figuring out how much XP a single crafting level gives. (EDIT: Or finding out how much XP mastering a single crafting discipline gives)

Of course, nobody has unlimited resources and gold...

EDIT: Useful link
EDIT: This moreso
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:25:25 pm by OzyTheSage »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 14, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »

DFC has one. Essentially all B12ers.
This is ambiguous, or maybe I'm just confused. Are you trying to say that there is but a single guild encompassing all things DF, or are you saying that there is a guild formed by the Steam group separate from the one formed here (KSM)?
There is a separate one that encompasses the DFC. It is called Dwarf Fortress Community [DFC]. It is entirely different.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:16 pm »

Oh, did not know that. Why?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »

Oh, did not know that. Why?
What is this? Twenty questions? I don't know. Maybe the name was too lame?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 14, 2012, 08:35:36 pm »

Well I want in anyways, why not?

EDIT: If it helps, OzyTheSage.6721 is the name to add
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:20:27 am by OzyTheSage »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 15, 2012, 09:08:41 am »

Should we just transfer all of us into one? I mean it's the logical thing to do. Send me an invite.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 15, 2012, 03:13:02 pm »

eh, might as well invite me too. i'll represent the more active one.

penguinpaladin.2976

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 15, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »

I'll.... get to it eventually...  totally playing King of Dragon Pass right now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:03 pm »

This is why we have officers

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:16 am »

I think I may have been playing this too much.  I just had a dream where I was an asuran experimenter.

I was attempting to determine what the asuran golems are made of by having one of my assistants drive one into a sealing metal chamber that gets filled with magma I control on the outside.  In my dream I determined that neither they nor assistants are magma safe.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »

Out of curiosity, mostly because I remember the skill well from GW1 (I ran a warriornecro at some point with hundred blades for lulzy aoe), what does hundred blades do? I take it the weapon skill comes from (double) sword?
Hundred Blades is a greatsword skill where they stand in place and attack a lot. If you don't move out of it you are basically screwed, and a lot of warriors use a combo where you can't move out of it.

While hundred blades is a powerful move there are at least 3 ways to get out of it, probably more.  But I see so many people in spvp just stand in mine like an idiot and complain about how overpowered it is.
[...]
If your snared, yes it is very strong.  But there is no snare on the greatsword weapon bar, leaving their only snare available from the bolas utility skill.  I personally feel that attack swiftness-finisher bullshit is a hell of a lot more broken then a snare-100 blades.
You aren't immobilized, you are knocked down and only able to use a handful of utility stun-breaking skills because the warriors usually use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bull%27s_Charge. And Hundred Blades warriors are not quite common enough for me to dedicate an entire skill slot to fighting that one build.
Soaplent green is goblins!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »

Past 70 on my thief, probably going to hit 80 before the end of the week. I also completed my monthly achievements today, earning 20 mystic coins and a pittance of experience/copper. It's nice, but don't panic if you don't get them done by the end of the month.

And my jeweler is now at 300 jeweling. After blazing through the platinum tiers in about five minutes, I've hit a wall at mithril. I assume you can get it reliably in Orr?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 17, 2012, 02:14:23 am »

And my jeweler is now at 300 jeweling. After blazing through the platinum tiers in about five minutes, I've hit a wall at mithril. I assume you can get it reliably in Orr?
WvW has some reliable spots in the main area. Rich veins included.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 17, 2012, 04:49:51 am »

Anyone else noticed a huge attack speed buff lately? I mean, I enjoy it, because it makes slaughtering mobs by the hundreds that much easier, but it's insane how fast a dagger mainhand Elementalist hits with that lightning whip.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86