Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188020 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #750 on: September 10, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

Has KSM been doing dungeon runs? I got one character over 30 and a second's approaching it and I'd like to check out Ascalon Catacombs but I don't seem to be able to catch the runs my RLfriends' guild is doing. I'll be on teamspeak more so I should be able to communicate a bit better, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could send me a Steam message or PM if you have my info and you're looking for someone to do a run.

Edit: Oh I forgot this link I wanted to post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/znn4y/all_my_knowledge_part_1/
The guy has some good insights about how to effectively use your time and money, so it's worth a read (plus the parts two and three that are linked have fairly drastically different topics, so click through all three to see if something's relevant for you). Nothing spoilery as far as I saw. Some of it is common sense/common knowledge but it's a nice resource.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:35:10 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 11, 2012, 02:30:45 am »

Thanks for the advice, fellas. This is where I start to become conflicted, though.

If I'm going to have half of Skirmishing unlocked, that means I have some Crit chance, in exchange for some defense and condition damage. If I'm going to focus on conditions, spending points in burst damage seems like a waste.

But then again, maybe that's best? Should I just drop the idea of conditions entirely? Then we have the issue of signets; you're right, I tend to mostly forget to use them, and their cooldowns are criminal. I could be using so many other skills...

...like traps... which the Skirmishing line supports... And now I'm back to thinking I should be a Trapper.

I'm nearing 60 now and I still can't decide what to settle with. :c

I haven't really settled on any specific playstyle yet. I've been experimenting with all sorts of things, and tend to switch up my perks and weapon sets depending on the situation. But I need to nail this down so that I can buy appropriate gear and not regret it later, heh.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:33:58 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:03 am »

my goal for my ele is the following build on http://en.gw2codex.com/build/generator/ - put it in the box at the bottom right.
3232o0gj2c2f71lm00aua5f0j0l0neif009
- Turns out that doesn't work anymore.
Dual Daggers

Fire 10 V
Air 30 I, III, VIII
Earth 10 V
Water 5
Arcane 15 V

It's based on the concept of conditions on critical hits.
i am already running that build partially - currently level 54. it works surprisingly well.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:16:28 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 11, 2012, 08:11:47 am »

A few days ago I completed Caudecus's Manor and felt I'd share my experience with the rest here.

Coming from the perspective of someone who started with Ascelonian Catecombs at level 30 I can safely say that the Manor was far easier. The mobs hit for less, had fewer hit points and was a far shorter dungeon overall. I'd recommend anyone who swore off dungeons after trying AC to give this one a go. You may be pleasantly surprised by your experience here. Story mode is only a half hour long party max.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 11, 2012, 08:47:05 am »

A few days ago I completed Caudecus's Manor and felt I'd share my experience with the rest here.

Coming from the perspective of someone who started with Ascelonian Catecombs at level 30 I can safely say that the Manor was far easier. The mobs hit for less, had fewer hit points and was a far shorter dungeon overall. I'd recommend anyone who swore off dungeons after trying AC to give this one a go. You may be pleasantly surprised by your experience here. Story mode is only a half hour long party max.
I had a movement based ele build earlier. while my damage was probably the highest while i was alive - the "more damage against moving targets" bosses almost all oneshotted me. on my next run i will definitely stand still.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 12, 2012, 03:22:35 am »

After 20 hours downloading the game, I'm finally here :D
Just begun a human Engineer, in Ehmry Bay.

So ... How to join the guild ?
You just need "TomPliss.9418", to request me as a member ?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:29 am »

So when you create a guild... How... do you edit anything? Leader is given no permissions except "Edit Ranks", but that's useless, because I'm apparently not even allowed to delete ranks that I created, let alone give anyone (even myself) permissions to do anything.

Also, how do you delete a guild? Just leave it? But I invited someone into it. Would they be left as the ineffectual "Leader" of the guild?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33:13 am »

So when you create a guild... How... do you edit anything? Leader is given no permissions except "Edit Ranks", but that's useless, because I'm apparently not even allowed to delete ranks that I created, let alone give anyone (even myself) permissions to do anything.

Also, how do you delete a guild? Just leave it? But I invited someone into it. Would they be left as the ineffectual "Leader" of the guild?
That's weird. I can edit everything (MOTD, ranks, permissions, guild emblem etc.). Can you check your rank and ensure that everything (except "new members go here") is selected? Just grasping at straws here, really, I haven't experienced that.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:45 am »

That's weird. I can edit everything (MOTD, ranks, permissions, guild emblem etc.). Can you check your rank and ensure that everything (except "new members go here") is selected? Just grasping at straws here, really, I haven't experienced that.

No, only "Edit ranks" is selected for the "Leader" rank and everything else is greyed. I tried everything, rightclicked everything, leftclicked everything, and was unable to tick any of those boxes. I tried with the "Leader" rank and I tried with all of the other ranks, too.

I went ahead and left the guild, and told my friend to leave it also. Now my "create a guild" button is greyed, so I can't even try again.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:19 am »

Not that it matters now (and it's hopefully obvious) but were you representing the guild? That's all I can think of. :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:46 am »

By the way, what's this other guild most of you are in? Most of the time when I see people in the guild they're representing a different guild.

Then again I got on yesterday and there was only one other person playing out of all the people in the guild, and he was representing a different guild.

EDIT: I was wondering because I wanted to try a dungeon out to see what it's like.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:25:51 am by OzyTheSage »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 12, 2012, 11:13:21 am »

By the way, what's this other guild most of you are in? Most of the time when I see people in the guild they're representing a different guild.

Then again I got on yesterday and there was only one other person playing out of all the people in the guild, and he was representing a different guild.

EDIT: I was wondering because I wanted to try a dungeon out to see what it's like.
I'm in the DFC guild as well as this one. It's just because TeamSpeak is easier. But no one does anything in either guild really.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 12, 2012, 12:22:19 pm »

I don't know about others, but my represent button stopped working a few days ago, so I'm basically locked out until something's fixed.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 12, 2012, 12:39:55 pm »

You guys should send bug reports if you haven't already, because that is pretty major.

I had a problem (luckily only once) after an update one morning. I logged in, found myself no longer representing my guild or even able to look at it. All of my characters had been locked out. For an hour or so I thought the guild was gone altogether, which, after earning and spending lots of influence, was pretty depressing.

It was fixed right as I was about to submit a ticket. And what a relief that was!

Still, I'm a bit concerned that "basic" things like guilds are having so many intermittent problems.

I know this is not especially helpful, but there is a rapidly growing thread that ArenaNet is monitoring on their support forums that discusses all these guild issues.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »

Huh, we have two guilds? Weird.

Guess I should... maybe be looking for a more active guild? Never really been a big fan of doing that sort of thing, but I did it once in M&B and it was pretty fun.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 86