Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188075 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2012, 12:46:26 am »

I just had an epic experience defending the 'Garrison' in the 'Blues' map.  World vs World.

Basically, the Blues wanted to take back the Garrison we took from them.  They have more players, much more.  But yea, we set-up our defenses in such a way that it became an epic meat-grinder... We let them bust the gates down and as they came in... well... there were a lot of dead bodies....  you could not see the ground around the gate.
Anyways, the second time they breached the gates, they did not instantly run in, so we had to try to bait em, with moderate success.

The whole time, we had to send a team out, multiple times on supply runs, since being the zerg, the Blues took out all the surrounding bases and supply depots as we just only had enough to defend the Garrison and maybe 2-3 other bases.  Also, the 'Reds', the other enemy came in and tried to muscle in on the castle, but yea, they had about as many as us and still less then the Blues, so they were eventually taken out of the fight.

But yea, finally, they got smart, took a battering ram to breach the walls, where they poured in, avoiding the meat-grinder and overrunning us as we made our last stand.  I think they lost more then us in that one skirmish, not counting the casualties they had taken earlier... and while getting to the last walls.

Also, organized sorties can be devastating...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2012, 02:02:15 am »

I've already had quite a few enjoyable experiences with my time so far, and I've only been in the first 2 Charr areas and haven't played with any friends yet. I think sometime we should go do something together, but I'm not sure what kinds of things there are, dungeons I assume? I'm only a level 27 or so engineer, and I'm still trying to find out what skill combinations work well.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2012, 06:57:46 am »

Apparently, more reddit updates:
Thursday Update/Status
Exploit Ban, First Strike
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2012, 10:15:43 am »

Do we have a guild ? Got this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it !
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:21 am »

Do we have a guild ? Got this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it !
Would need your... [account name.number] someone will pick ya up sooner or later.

Kittens, Socks and Magma [KSM]

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »

Apparently, more reddit updates:
Thursday Update/Status
Exploit Ban, First Strike

Am I the only one who think's it's pretty terrible that the only news source for what's going on with the game is reddit? At least put the official forums back up and lock everything down so news can be posted there. It really irks me.

Last night me and a few guildies rolled some alts, a warrior, another warrior and a guardian. Two greatswords and a hammer make for an awfully effective team. :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2012, 12:26:55 pm »

Meh, its kind of a pain, I use the Guild Wars 2 facebook thing to get the reddit links.  Seeing as they don't even update their main website.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:29 pm »

Scriptwolf.5079 add me please looking for guild and guys to party up with!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

I've started my comic. I've made a thread for it in Creative Projects to avoid cluttering this thread. Let me know what you think.

Meh, its kind of a pain, I use the Guild Wars 2 facebook thing to get the reddit links.  Seeing as they don't even update their main website.

It's funny. They update the game quickly to fix problems, and they drop the banhammer pretty quick on abusers and trolls, but they don't update their own site.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

Can't be 100% good can they?  But, I'll take the legit and well deserved banhammering over fancy website updates anyday.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »

They probably don't want to have to maintain the support staff and servers for having a forum that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of people will parrot the same issues over and over (without using a search function) about the trading post and similar known issues until they are fixed. It's easier to simply post on a site that has the infrastructure to support lots of people already, rather than having to deal with a slew of new problems arising because the forums likely haven't been changed since their iterations in beta.

I definitely wouldn't mind the official forums coming up at some point in the near future, though. If it means that for the time being they'll be updating their game on a daily basis with new goodies and fixes, as well as making it more awesome overall, I can deal with it for the time being.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »

Well, I'm all for banning people that exploit something like that to the extent they did (buying hundreds/thousands of the weapons with the wrong karma cost), but it apparently took them 9 hours to respond? I mean I understand that they're under a really heavy load, but I feel like if they're willing to ban someone for exploiting something that easy/quick to fix then the fix should come sooner than 9 hours after exploitation has gone widespread.

I also agree that they should have a page on their website for reporting updates. It doesn't have to be on the forums, just a server status and important updates page like every other MMO I've ever played (even the low budget free to play ones) has. If nothing else they should have links from the launcher so that if you're trying to start up the game and it's not working you don't have to go on a google treasure hunt or to their facebook page to find out why.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:53 pm »

I downloaded the game and now it's updating. It's taking annoyingly long but I'm excited.

Should I play a Sylvari thief or a Char thief? Sylvari in general seem cooler, but the idea of a sneaky big lion-dude is pretty entertaining.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »

Charr thief.  Make them as big and tall as possible, color their gear as brightly and obnoxious as possible, then name them something like Biff Smashcrush, or Bertha  Bludgeonface.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 31, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »

Aside from the name, that's my Charr Thief in a nutshell.

Creamsicle dye is one of the stupidest colours to use on a thief, ever. Orange doesn't exactly blend into the shadows, especially when paired with the brightesr shade of green I've found.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 86