Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188082 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #540 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:42 pm »

Reddit GW2, ANet Representative on suspensions for offensive stuff  This is pretty damn awesome for an MMO being open about this... and actually actively enforcing it... 
This is like, the first time I've seen actual enforcement on names and behavior.

+1 to the company... times nine thousand and one.
My god that is hilarious, I think I'm going to reward them by buying a key or two.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »

Quote from: ArenaNetSupportTeam
Name: OK Chat -- Not OK: "GET THE FUCKING CAVERN SCUTTER ENERGIES YOU FUCKASSES."

I get a kick out of the support team's attitude and sense of humor... amazing. Wish I could get this game to support them.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 28, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »

It turns out the emblem designer I linked earlier is outdated, ANet added quite a few new designs in the release version. A gallery can be found here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_guild_emblems.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »

Frothing beer mug or pickaxe+rock

Or hammer and pickle... err.. pickaxe

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2012, 11:14:55 pm »

There's the carp too...  It calls to me...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2012, 11:32:45 pm »

Quote from: ArenaNetSupportTeam
Name: OK Chat -- Not OK: "GET THE FUCKING CAVERN SCUTTER ENERGIES YOU FUCKASSES."

I get a kick out of the support team's attitude and sense of humor... amazing. Wish I could get this game to support them.

My god there's some I'd just love to crosspost here. But damn are some of those baaaaddddd.

Like the dog guy that got banned for reassuring someone that he was a dog and that the other person was of African descent.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 29, 2012, 02:09:17 am »

Makes me wonder how those WvW guild buffs work when not everyone is in the same server. 

"Oh hey that's a bay 12 tower, I don't wanna take that one I'll lose my 10% magic find."
Sadly folks. Afaik having members across multiple servers do not share infulence gain or buffs at all. This is to prevent things like that happening...

Also if you ever get a chance to. Check out the Alliance known as Synergey Alliance. We are on Crystal Desert and are a Mid>Heavy WvW group of guilds working together...

Crystal Desert are meanies, but they lose at night time.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 29, 2012, 04:21:13 am »

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy! Gonna start playing now that I'm done with all my coursework!

I'm Fangoar, a Charr. Not sure how to get into the guild either, but if possible, invite!

Also, I always wanted to ask about FPS. I've got a crappy old duo core with a Geforce gts 450 card. Been able to run other albeit older games such as Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 at max settings with 50 upwards FPS. I can't seem to do that with GW2 though. Around thirty if I'm lucky, at lowest.

I heard from some forums that the game wasn't optimized to utilize GPUs and still CPU bound in the beta not too long ago, was wondering if that could still be the case?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:08 am »

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy! Gonna start playing now that I'm done with all my coursework!

I'm Fangoar, a Charr. Not sure how to get into the guild either, but if possible, invite!

Also, I always wanted to ask about FPS. I've got a crappy old duo core with a Geforce gts 450 card. Been able to run other albeit older games such as Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 at max settings with 50 upwards FPS. I can't seem to do that with GW2 though. Around thirty if I'm lucky, at lowest.

I heard from some forums that the game wasn't optimized to utilize GPUs and still CPU bound in the beta not too long ago, was wondering if that could still be the case?
I'm running this on a laptop that's about two years old. I can run Skyrim. You should be just fine. I've got decent FPS (I didn't check, but it's at least 30), and considered that you play with max settings... It's fine.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

I've had two password reset request emails today -_-

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:43 am »

As far as I know, Skyrim was made for consoles that were released, what ~7 years ago? Guild Wars 2 was designed to run on something a little more modern.

Did you enable subsampling? I don't really know what to tell you other than you should consider an upgrade soon.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2012, 10:34:16 am »

I've had two password reset request emails today -_-

7 in two days for me. Just going to ignore for now.

As for the questions on CPU dependency/performance.......yes, CPU is still the bottleneck on the game and will most likely always be. That being said, some older CPU's are outperforming i7 rigs, so there is some oddities that should be worked out eventually. Also, the beta driver for nVidia that came out on the 27th has been reported to provide a 10fps increase for some users, while causing issues in some others. Make note that it enables Ambient Occlusion but that you should turn it off as it mostly just causes problems.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2012, 10:44:16 am »

I have a gmail account so I've changed it to @googlemail instead, both work in regards to sending emails but not for accounts. Seems to have done the trick for now..

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40:25 am »

With the mentions of account hacking and seeing as I actually had my Blizz Account hacked (though that wasn't while I had a WoW sub or sc2, so it didnt do anything), I am so happy I put my memorization skills to use and made new passwords for all my stuff that was important that an insanely paranoid person would be proud of.

Love the game so far, and on Emry Bay, look for Installshield Wizard.3784

Still suck though, so don't expect me to be good.  I've done a little wvwvw, but stayed on the borderlands because they have little to no queues every time I've tried.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2012, 11:47:08 am »

I don't know of anyone who has actually had their account hacked yet, because they would also need to have hacked your email to complete the password change. It's worrying but not something to be upset about at this point.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 86