Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188103 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »

# 2 or #3. Honestly they are both so good it doesn't matter.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2012, 03:29:24 pm »

I like the third emblem, but I like it more with the shield background. The second one looks like an Iron Legion emblem to me.

I have a lot of spare copper and need to work on my jeweler skill, so I think I'll make jewelry for people if there's any interest, though I'll need to be supplied the gemstone in most cases. I'll update with the recipes I know in a couple hours when I can get home and in the game, but they generally triple the effect of the raw stone (i.e. a +3 stone turns into a +9 ring).

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »

I'm getting the game the game tomorrow, and I was wondering, what's the semi-official B12 server?

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2012, 03:58:50 pm »

I'm getting the game the game tomorrow, and I was wondering, what's the semi-official B12 server?

If you are in the US it's Ehmry Bay
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »

I have gotten my first amusing GW2 screenshot.

I guess they get pretty bloodthirsty.

As a side note, the other day i was inside ... anthill i think ? and there was a chaos enemy or something similar, turning us into rabbits. The funny part is that once morphed, you have a bite attack and a jump-kick attack.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »

Ok, I am seriously considering getting this, but, the price is rather high for a student, so, some questions.

First, EU folk, how many, what server do you guys usually frequent, how's the ping?

Second, the gameplay sounds mostly interesting and somewhat different from other MMO's, but, how damnably good is it, particular strong and weakpoints would be welcome, and most importantly, does it get grindy fast, if ever?

Now, I'm mostly interested in PvE personally, unless the PvP has a way of being fun without extreme rage potential.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 27, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »

Ok, I am seriously considering getting this, but, the price is rather high for a student, so, some questions.

First, EU folk, how many, what server do you guys usually frequent, how's the ping?

Second, the gameplay sounds mostly interesting and somewhat different from other MMO's, but, how damnably good is it, particular strong and weakpoints would be welcome, and most importantly, does it get grindy fast, if ever?

Now, I'm mostly interested in PvE personally, unless the PvP has a way of being fun without extreme rage potential.

You'll never feel the grind. If you're in an area that's too weak you'll just be leveled downed to the areas level while there. It keeps it interesting if there is an event happening there.

If you backtrack through the other races' starting areas for hearts (for doing things in that area) then you'll probably end up getting a level after a few of them, even if you're quite overleveled in that area. I'm enjoying it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:23:57 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 27, 2012, 04:28:30 pm »

There is no massive level curve.  Leveling is way easy and you can do practically anything you want and still level up doing it.  Even just doing pure World vs World in the name of Queen and Server.

If you stick around and pay attention to NPC, you could end up triggering new mini event chains and what-not.  And yea...  you can regularly kill stuff +2-3 levels above you... but it does take practice and knowing wtf you are doing.

Also, I'm getting a big download... whats it for?  The main site ain't said nuthin aboot no patch.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 27, 2012, 06:27:39 pm »

I have gotten my first amusing GW2 screenshot.

I guess they get pretty bloodthirsty.
"Bring forth the holy hand grenade!" and then lots of poor counting

There is no massive level curve.  Leveling is way easy and you can do practically anything you want and still level up doing it.
Yeah. backtracking to a 1-5 lvl area as 10+ is still worthwhile and i assume it still will be at even higher levels, as even though you won't get as much exp from an event, you will be able to do it so much faster. say that a lvl 3 event was worth something over 300 while a lvl 11 event was slightly above 400

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 27, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »

Phew... I've been playing my socks off ever since headstart began (with sleep, obv). And based on my most prolific activity so far, I'm now referring to this game as "Jumping Puzzles: The MMORPG". :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2012, 06:45:47 pm »

If you are in the US it's Ehmry Bay

Fantastic, the same server as my GW1 guild!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »

Makes me wonder how those WvW guild buffs work when not everyone is in the same server. 

"Oh hey that's a bay 12 tower, I don't wanna take that one I'll lose my 10% magic find."
Sadly folks. Afaik having members across multiple servers do not share infulence gain or buffs at all. This is to prevent things like that happening...

Also if you ever get a chance to. Check out the Alliance known as Synergey Alliance. We are on Crystal Desert and are a Mid>Heavy WvW group of guilds working together...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »

The game plays more like an action MMORPG than a WoW clone, by which I mean skills are tied to the weapon you use (so you don't have to stare at dozens of buttons), and to optimize play you need to make use of dodging, combos, etc. That said, even standing in place while button mashing is usually good enough for one-on-one versus on-level opponents. The game can be a grind if you just focus on the personal story, but all the fun is in being distracted by dynamic events, hearts, crafting nodes, "oh I never noticed that cave before what's in there?", etc.

The PvP is supposed to be different from other MMORPGs (as in structured and "perfectly" balanced), and a lot of people swear by the prequel's PvP, but I'm here for the PvE, too (and WvW to a lesser degree).

Anyhow, here are my jewelry recipes:
***Level 10 rings:
+9 Condition Damage (Amber)
+9 Power (Garnet)
+9 Vitality (Turquoise)
***Level 15 rings:
+10 Toughness (Malachite)
+10 Precision (Tiger's Eye)

I can also make earring equivalents, but they all have -1 to whatever stat they improve. To be clear, these are not upgradable (the stone automatically goes in the upgrade slot), and are not soulbound (so you can use them on all your characters). If anyone wants anything, let me know by in-game mail. I have some spare gems, but it'd help if they're provided. I have enough copper to make about 24 pieces, so I'll provide that. Three pieces per person, first come first serve until I run out of copper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

I have bronze ingots coming out the wazoo, and some gems that I haven't bothered putting in my gear. Might want precision stuff for my accessories

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:27 pm »

just letting you know...i'm at level 29...and things have started ramping up in difficulty...maybe its because i'm behind in my gear(seems to be hard to come by gear...maybe because i've been constantly trying to work my crafting...)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 86