Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188107 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2012, 05:39:42 pm »

Appears as if I'm the only one on Isle of Janthir.  :'(
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »

There is always a free server transfer. I'd look into that fairly soon if that's what you want. Remember that it only affects WvW, and that you can guest on Ehmry Bay with a new set of characters.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 26, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »

Please kindly invite Elsior.1728 (Sea of Sorrows) into Bay 12 guilds. I would love to play with you guys!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 26, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »

Makes me wonder how those WvW guild buffs work when not everyone is in the same server. 

"Oh hey that's a bay 12 tower, I don't wanna take that one I'll lose my 10% magic find."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2012, 09:22:13 pm »

There is always a free server transfer. I'd look into that fairly soon if that's what you want. Remember that it only affects WvW, and that you can guest on Ehmry Bay with a new set of characters.

Where does one initiate this?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2012, 10:14:30 pm »

Server transfer is on the Character Select screen. Something like "Change World." You might want to wait until they have the bugs worked out, though, because people who tried earlier today ended up being essentially locked out of the game for hours. I'm not sure if they've fixed it yet, but it should be on their twitter/facebook if they have. Also, I'm on Isle of Janthir and I think Kael said he was going to be as well. No guild invite from me, though, because the only one I'm in right now is RL friends/family only.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2012, 12:46:48 am »

I thought Emhry Bay was supposed to be the unofficial Bay12 server??

Also I have received two multi-server guild invites. How did they get my name at the first place? I only posted it twice in this thread. :/
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2012, 01:52:00 am »

Ehmry Bay is the server that the guild is on.

We're getting a guild emblem in a day and a half. What should we have? A pickaxe? A dwarf ASCII character (bearded or non-bearded)? Something else entirely?

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 27, 2012, 03:57:49 am »

We're getting a guild emblem in a day and a half. What should we have? A pickaxe? A dwarf ASCII character (bearded or non-bearded)? Something else entirely?
I'm sorry to say that emblem selection is rather limited, you can preview options here: http://botorubattalion.com/emblemCreator.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:22 am »

I thought Emhry Bay was supposed to be the unofficial Bay12 server??

Also I have received two multi-server guild invites. How did they get my name at the first place? I only posted it twice in this thread. :/
Emhry Bay is where most of us are.
Might be someone else here picking up recruits without telling anyone about it?  You can always check out who.  :P

@Emblem: Bearded ASCI Dwarf, if possible.  Pickaxe is a decent alternative.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 27, 2012, 07:42:13 am »

The hammer and anvil

The warhammer

The mug of brew

I believe those are our best options from the limited selection. Color is another matter.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 27, 2012, 09:19:12 am »

Okay, got a level 14 Asura thief, been having a blast today with dual pistol/shortbow combo. My Charr Warrior stalled at level 9 with my Human Guardian but both were great fun, my level 8 Sylvari Mesmer was a little boring to be honest. My level 8 Norn Ranger is good, solid, but not very impressive right now. Tomorrow will be for trying Elementalist and Necromancer. Engineer will get some time when after that.

If there's Aussies here on Sea of Sorrows who want a guild then friend Bar.4062 in the game. We use Skype for voice chat right now. It's mainly myself and a friend who run together each night after work.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 27, 2012, 10:44:33 am »

Here are some ideas. We can change the colour if we want to. I like the last one.  :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2012, 10:55:50 am »

Hmm.. the last one fits any Dwarven fortress.  It is a staple Dwarven nourishment. 
(Probably not everyone uses a hammer as a weapon and a fortress may die before getting an anvil...)

Also, I've found out that 'small' characters cannot pick up 'big rocks'.  It is fun just picking a regular rock up and knocking down someone as a first strike... decent damage too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:02:26 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2012, 01:00:58 pm »

Elementalists should be able to pick up those rocks they levatate them or something.  In fact I think elementalists get a number of special attacks with a lot of terrain items.

I have gotten my first amusing GW2 screenshot.

I guess they get pretty bloodthirsty.

I like the first picture more, but the 2nd and third are more universal.   I like #2 most.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 86