Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188136 times)

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:55 am »

Alright, enjoy yourself.  Just being realistic.  Only wanted to put a mutually beneficial offer out to a community that I respect, but apparently you don't want any part of that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:12:39 am by Sentientdeth »
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

Wow. Don't go spraying your guild recruiting stuff here. It's great that you can be in multiple guilds, but we don't need someone talking down to us about our guild going under before the game is even released.

Bay 12 guilds tend to survive fairly well. They aren't all that big, but enough people are on that you're not often alone. Besides, other than the odd art project I've got nothing to do for an entire year. Maintaining a guild and setting up weekly events should be easy enough.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:51 am »

I'm not talking down to you.  You just don't know a sweet deal when it's laid out in front of you.  Only wanted to see the Bay12ers get onto the same server as me, but honestly, after interacting with the three of you, I don't really care anymore.  Do whatever you want.  See you on the battlefield.
-The Bard's Guild-

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 21, 2012, 12:15:04 pm »

I'm not talking down to you.  You just don't know a sweet deal when it's laid out in front of you.

"I am not talking down to you. Your just dumb"   ???

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 21, 2012, 12:19:30 pm »

I'm not talking down to you.  You just don't know a sweet deal when it's laid out in front of you.  Only wanted to see the Bay12ers get onto the same server as me, but honestly, after interacting with the three of you, I don't really care anymore.  Do whatever you want.  See you on the battlefield.

You failed to mention that we'd have to jump to Jade Quarry to be a part of this 'guild'. I'll also point out Jade Legion is an alliance of guilds, and not a guild unto itself. I do appreciate the offer to join the Jade Legion as an alliance, but we won't be on that server. When pitching an idea you need to be clear on what you intend. I'll see you on the battlefield anyways.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »

honestly you did appear out of nowhere looking like you wanted to snipe people off to join your group, anyways, from my experience of being in larger guilds...they can be more trouble then they are worth since there tends to be too much drama, now if you had made a full description about the alliance of guilds and said if people were interested in being apart of a larger group to avoid the eventual inactivity then that would have been more understandable, and probably would have gotten a better reception.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 21, 2012, 12:59:31 pm »

on a side note: i have now fixed the potential problem of GW2 not having enough space:
Spoiler: big pictures (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 21, 2012, 01:05:56 pm »

I don't see what the big problem is with Sentientdeth's offer, i may have been interested but i'm playing on the EU servers so...

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 21, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »

For the record, I extended an open invitation to my guild to the community, then after re-thinking I suggested joining the alliance.  I'm pretty sure server switching is free at launch, as they added quite a few servers since the last BWE.  I tend to respond to people how I am treated, and was treated with hostility.  Enjoy yourselves bay 12.  This interaction could have done with a lot less hostility from both sides.  I'm not trying to snipe a few of your members.  I'm trying to snipe ALL of your members.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:15:43 pm by Sentientdeth »
-The Bard's Guild-

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 21, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »

Stress test begins in about 30 minutes, for anyone able to play it ... though it appears that this thread has been experiencing a stress test of its own.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 21, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »

its probably the forums as a whole, lets see if i can download the client before the stress test ends...nvm, it will last 4 hours, so will be an interesting experience playing it for the first time
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 21, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »

For the record, I extended an open invitation to my guild to the community, then after re-thinking I suggested joining the alliance.  I'm pretty sure server switching is free at launch, as they added quite a few servers since the last BWE.  I tend to respond to people how I am treated, and was treated with hostility.  Enjoy yourselves bay 12.  This interaction could have done with a lot less hostility from both sides.  I'm not trying to snipe a few of your members.  I'm trying to snipe ALL of your members.

I actually don't mind this idea, but Jade Quarry is considered a full server. Depending on how the overflow servers work, it might throw a wrench into meetings and events. If I knew exactly how overflow servers worked, and that this option was available a week or two ago I might have considered it. However I don't know how overflow servers work, so I don't want to risk segmenting our group during planned events. It would be hard to do a giveaway when the person who won is in another instance of the area it's being held in. Meeting up for a raid would be even harder during peak hours.

I hope that the hostilities are over, and that we can talk this over. If I find out about overflow servers, and it's favorable would we be willing to go to Jade Quarry? If it isn't a majority that wants to go we'll stay in Ehmry Bay.

its probably the forums as a whole, lets see if i can download the client before the stress test ends...any word on how long it will last?

It's a 4 hour test.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 21, 2012, 01:40:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure server switching is free at launch, as they added quite a few servers since the last BWE.
Yes, Switching Servers is Free for the first week (i think) - that would be one transfer, as you can only change once per week. I do however not see how that is related to the adding of more servers.
You know - at the start of the 3 day headstart phase it will be tabula raza - everything will be gone. All alliances guilds and characters. You will get to choose your home server for the first time at that point, create a character, play through the tutorial again and eventually join a guild. As soon as it's formed.

EDIT: Actually found a reliable source - correction is striked through. - transfers untill population has settled. SOURCE
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:50:24 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 21, 2012, 02:20:13 pm »

Quote from: SSD talk
my SSD is out of space and stuff
Right now I have windows booting off of a 64~ GB SSD and have a ~1TB storage HDD. I then have a 256GB SSD specifically for things like ARMA2 and GW2

Guild lol herpyderp
Nope

Now time to play some GW2 during the stress test =)

PS. Jesus christ it feels like my new mouse is on ice, and I love it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86