Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188138 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2012, 03:38:09 am »

Kittens, Socks and Magma or Slaves to Armok
I'm for either.

And... what is this youtube community?  As in the stupid commenters?  Or some youtube forum?  Cause that stuff can be entirely different.
Youtube forums do not exist, so i'll go with stupid commenters, although they are not stupid. WoodenPotatoes and magicalmike2 are the ones i remember.
Please remember that personal opinion might differ and all generalizations are bad, including this one.

Stress test incoming: Tuesday, August 21 12:00 PST - 4:00 PM PST
[/spoiler]

so, following time conversion ... 10 hours? or 11?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2012, 03:44:48 am »

Just been paid so I shall be buying this when I get home in time for playing on Saturday :D

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2012, 03:48:19 am »

Time conversion for me puts it at 6AM on a workday. Not happening. I'll wait for the official launch.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2012, 04:34:32 am »

Still in New York and currently preparing for the ~8 hour drive home. I got one of the Rocketfish mousepads at best buy since I heard they were good and a Logitech G500. Can't wqit for my mouse to slide all the way across the pad from a gentle touch once more =3

Oh yes, can't wait for the weekend either, siiiigh.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 21, 2012, 06:12:39 am »

my only problem right now is that i use SSDs - i have 3GB space left .... i think i need to buy new ones.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:29 am »

I use a 124GB SSD and usually I just uninstall whatever old games I don't play to make room. Get yourself a 1TB backup drive and your problem's solved. Just store all your music and movies there instead.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:50 am »

I use a 124GB SSD and usually I just uninstall whatever old games I don't play to make room. Get yourself a 1TB backup drive and your problem's solved. Just store all your music and movies there instead.
i have 56GB available TOTAL. I'll post screenshots as soon as i'm home if you want.
In this post.
My only concern is that as soon as it is fully released it will decide to DL some 10GB more and i need to anyway.

/derail

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2012, 07:55:23 am »

Yeah, a 56GB SSD is too small. Installing Windows will use most of that. Time for a serious upgrade my friend. Downside is reinstalling the full system. Upside is that a 128GB SSD is pretty cheap and reliable these days. Check out http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/high_end_drives.html for a rundown of decent brands and prices.

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

If anyone's looking for a good guild in a large alliance, send me a message on the forum.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:33:27 am by Sentientdeth »
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2012, 09:21:41 am »

If anyone's looking for a good guild in a large alliance, send me a message on the forum.
have you considered reading the thread?

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

I did read most of the thread.  I'm talking about a real guild, in an organized alliance that will play to smash in WvWvW. 
-The Bard's Guild-

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:03 am »

It's nice to say what your guild's focus is when you're advertising, especially when you jump in to the middle of a discussion about forming another guild. Also, saying that yours is a real guild implies that ours isn't, which is dumb.

About the B12 guild, I vote for Kittens, Socks and Magma (B12) if we're allowed numbers in the tag.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

I vote against a tag different from the name (except for a "B12"), but like both Kittens Socks and magma, and slaves to Armok ... :(

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:14 am »

Mine is a real guild because it's been established for 10 years.  Just saying, Bay12 guilds tend to taper off after a month or two; look to the Haven guilds for a perfect example.  I'm just offering an alternative to that.  You can be in multiple guilds in this game.  It has been said in this thread that people were just looking to start the guild to talk to other Bay12ers.  No offense, but I don't really think there's enough people on this forum who will be playing this game to organize a server-wide infrastructure.  We already have one.  Jade Legion is the alliance; you guys could join the alliance.  That would be awesome too.

http://jadelegion.enjin.com/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:03:04 am by Sentientdeth »
-The Bard's Guild-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2012, 11:03:30 am »

I did read most of the thread.  I'm talking about a real guild, in an organized alliance that will play to smash in WvWvW. 

Mine is a real guild because it's been established for 10 years.  Just saying, Bay12 guilds tend to taper off after a month or two; look to the Haven guilds for a perfect example.  I'm just offering an alternative to that.  You can be in multiple guilds in this game.  It has been said in this thread that people were just looking to start the guild to talk to other Bay12ers.  No offense, but I don't really think there's enough people on this forum who will be playing this game to organize a server-wide infrastructure.  We already have one.  Jade Legion is the alliance; you guys could join the alliance.  That would be awesome too.
I don't really want to join this guild now.  Thanks for the offer anyways.  I can at least find guilds/recruiters that are not condescending to the people they are trying to recruit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:53:38 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86