Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188209 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Final BWE now live!
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2012, 10:24:20 am »

I'm downloading some huge patch right now, wonder what it is.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2012, 10:27:54 am »

Really? Hm, I don't have anything new since I played yesterday.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2012, 10:35:37 am »

I haven't played in 14 hours but now I have 200,000 files to download. Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind. I accidentally deleted my GW2.dat file while cleaning up and obvs that is what I am getting again now. Carry on. Ignore the moron.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:38:02 am by hemmingjay »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2012, 10:37:28 am »

Huh. Maybe I played later than I thought and downloaded them but don't remember it (which is entirely possible, really).
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2012, 11:23:17 am »

The screenshot makes me think of a Norn from Creatures, though.

I should've named her Bibble. Or Em Flub.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

Any word yet on how much this will cost? (Canadian or US dollars, North American lock)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

Hmm... on the one hand, pricey for me... I usually buy all my games from the bottom of the bargain barrel... Usually never over $30.
On the other hand, lifetime (OK, let's not kid ourselves, until profit drops) MMO with some pretty interesting elements...
I think I'll wait a while, see how the verdict on it is once it goes Release.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2012, 03:27:48 pm »

So I was screwing around and I discovered they neglected to give the common female npc Silvari outfit panties.

This is extremely important information.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:14 pm »

Hmm... on the one hand, pricey for me... I usually buy all my games from the bottom of the bargain barrel... Usually never over $30.
On the other hand, lifetime (OK, let's not kid ourselves, until profit drops) MMO with some pretty interesting elements...
I think I'll wait a while, see how the verdict on it is once it goes Release.

MMO with some pretty interesting elements that doesn't require a subscription while still remaining a full fledged MMO despite a few cash shop items that are mainly for aesthetics.

My hopes are high for this, after the beta weekend.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2012, 03:52:41 pm »

That's what I said, lifetime (server lifetime) MMO.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:35 pm »

So I was screwing around and I discovered they neglected to give the common female npc Silvari outfit panties.

This is extremely important information.
They actually have fig leaf look instead, although personally I probably wouldn't have bothered with underwear, I don't think the Sylvari have anything worth covering.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »

They have to cover their twigs and berries or bush. Sorry couldn't help it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

Actually the point I was getting at is under the skirt of the leg model for whatever piece that is there isn't a leaf thing. Just the same color of their flesh. No detail for obvious reasons but there's nothing covering there!

They actually have fig leaf look instead, although personally I probably wouldn't have bothered with underwear, I don't think the Sylvari have anything worth covering.

They actually have stuff under those. The devs have said Silvari do have sex for one. Even if it doesn't really have a purpose.

Also I might be done till release. I hope it doesn't get pushed back too far... I wanna get back to it and have a permanent character already! Maybe ill have a Silvari engineer instead of a Norn one for my perma-engineer character. They just seem awesome.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:09:50 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »

I think I'll do a bit of research into this and make a GW2 comic about a Asurian guardian that kind of fails at what he does while I wait for the release. I enjoyed Guild Wars and it's mythos, so I think I'll pre-order the deluxe edition if it's not outrageously expensive.

When it's released on August 28th I'll be starting a RP guild. All that I'd ask if someone wanted to join is that they write a small backstory or at least a set personality.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 86