Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188220 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:53 am »

The next beta weekend coincides with Queen's Birthday public holiday in Australia? I smell conspiracy.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2012, 07:26:27 am »

I think this time I'll do as much WvWvW as I can, I didn't get as much time to do that before.
Hopefully they make W^3 a little be less of a Killing Spree, one single Server Pinholded every Round for themselves and controlled the whole map and HELD all points well before halfway of each Round...

A Nerf/Buff to the Power/Cost of Siege Weapons. My Shard was able to hold the Middle Keep (the big one) by having like 20 Arrowcarts on the second platform over the Keepboss and spammed like maniacs, no one could get to them, but at the same time, the ability to buy the Siege Golams at a lower cost would have been helpful...

The other thing I am PRAYING FOR, is the ability to gain experiance for helping kill someone, last Beta, if you didn't score the final hit and killed them, you didn't get anything. So yes, if you spent a good bit whittling down someone in a one on one duel and someone else came along and killed them, you got nothing for your work. The other thing is if you Kill via range/siege weapon, you would have to abandon your position to go gather the spoils, and if you waited until it was safe, a high high high chance of the spoils from disappearing happened...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:43 am »

I'm banking for the performance enhancements.  I definitely hope it runs smoother for my lowgrade graphics card this time around...  and even better next time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:26 am »

Oh yeah, I remember Arrowcarts ... they were hilariously overpowered, had virtually no cooldown for the damage they did. I didn't realize that about the XP gain being only for the last-hitter, that does need to be changed.

I wouldn't mind some kind of auto-loot (or at least area-loot) system, personally, but I haven't seen that in too many games. In PvE it gets kind of irritating to loot piles and piles of guys, or maybe I'm just getting lazy.

My server was one of the ones that totally dominated last time. We just had way more people, so every fight around an objective turned into a slaughter. I think the idea is supposed to be that the two smaller/losing servers should band together and fight the big one, but I don't see that really working. In our case, we probably still had twice the players as the other two combined. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that in the long run, because that kind of PvP is one of the features I'm most excited about.

I'm just very excited to see how much progress they've been able to make.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2012, 09:34:18 am »

Ah yes arrowcarts.  I was a green defender last bwe on the last day of it a few hours before it ended.  Me and a handful of others of Jade Quarry decided that we did not like the outsiders owning all of our borderland. I think it was blue, Sea of Sorrows or something.  They had the big central keep in the eternal battleground and pretty much steamrolled everyone.  I recall it was a server I heard a lot of bay12ers were going to.

We managed to go from owning nothing to all but one tower being ours in the space of two hours.  But the invaders had all packed into that last tower and had 6 or 7 arrow carts there that were tearing us apart whenever we tried to assault it.  They had absolutely no supply and held out for a good 30 minutes.

Then we built SIX trebuchets on the ruins south of the lake and flattened a wall.  So much overkill, but so worth it to own our borderlands again by the end of BWE1.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:57 am »

Doublepost!

Quote from: Necromancer
The great thing about minions is that they never last long enough to work up a horrid stench.

The title is relevant again.  Most of you already know of this I'm sure, but there is another BWE this weekend June 8th through June 10th.   Characters are still saved.  The grey goblins and elves still aren't playable, but a 25-35 zone north of Lions Arch is now opened up.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2012, 11:43:12 am »

The Big Beta Weekend Preview - ArenaNet

The above link details all the new changes and additions, but I'll summarize quickly below:
  • We keep characters from last BWE
  • New dungeon available (level 35+) in explorable mode
  • New level 25-35 map
  • Added Mystic Forge - dump items you don't want in it, get something new back
  • Expanded WvW - including a new mini-dungeon beneath the WvW map and the addition of dynamic events
  • New PvP tournaments and better PvP rewards
  • Combat - added a new "sense of hitting" to make combat more visceral
  • Improved Overflow Servers - now we can get back with our party members!
  • Improved chat - chat bubbles, local chat, better chat system overall
  • New key binding setup! Finally!
  • UI improvement and slight redesign
  • Skill tiers - locks some skills by tier until you meet required progression (levels I believe)
  • Gem Store - redesigned, added some new stuff, beta players get 500 gems to spend
And now we wait.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2012, 12:47:37 pm »

The skill teirs one is the one that confuses me.  Does that mean suddenly I won't be able to buy the skills I have been saving my skill points up for?  And what about the current skills?  I bought quite a few of them that were very expensive like the Charr battle cry and the warrior stomp.  I'm guessing the more expensive ones are the higher level ones, but what does that mean for me?  Will I suddenly lose access to them and have to buy them again when I am the 'appropriate' level?

The whole skill teirs thing really sounds like a step backwards to me.  I liked that you could choose whatever skills you wanted no matter your level, it seemed nice that two lowbie Charr warriors would never be the same because the skill choice was so varied.  But now not so much.

I guess I'll just wait for the beta and see.  If it ends up how I fear it will, I guess I'll just put in my 2☼ on the beta forum.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 02:02:35 pm »

Well for those who didn't know about it, the next Guild Wars 2 beta event is just starting.
This is going to be my first time trying out the game, I don't really know that much about it and I'm curious to see what I'm going to find.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

Can't logon. Noooooooooooooo!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »

Sea of Sorrows server is full. >.>
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2012, 06:50:02 pm »

Was kinda hoping they'd made Ranger pets a bit less useless this time around. Doesn't appear to be any different to last time- my pet still spends most of his time dead, unable to stand up to even a single mob.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »

I used a bear pet for awhile and that one did fine. There's a heal that will effect your pet at the same time as it hits you, but you do have to keep an eye what they're doing and micromanage them at the lower levels. Kind of a pain. They aren't superbosses like in WoW, certainly.

The performance is a bit better this time around. It's noticeably improved, actually, but still not as good as I hope it will be. I noticed very little change on a different computer, however, so YMMV.

I think they added a bunch of new dynamic events, or else I'm just now noticing several that I haven't seen before. Some are quite Fun. I was running around with a naked Charr for awhile (due to his gear falling off).

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:52 pm »

My goodness WvW is so terrible.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2012, 06:28:41 am »

My goodness WvW is so terrible.
How so? Was going to get into that today and tomorrow. I only had a chance to do it for a brief time during the last BWE.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86