Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187897 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:37 am »

This region-locking thing kinda pisses me off. As a Brit, I'm always stuck on EU servers where 70%+ of the people are non-English speakers.

I have nothing against non-English speakers, but I want to play with English speakers. People locked into US servers don't understand how annoying this can be.
for the beta at least you're not locked in on EU servers.  In the FAQ arenanet released they mentioned being able to move from NA to EU.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »

This region-locking thing kinda pisses me off. As a Brit, I'm always stuck on EU servers where 70%+ of the people are non-English speakers.

I have nothing against non-English speakers, but I want to play with English speakers. People locked into US servers don't understand how annoying this can be.
for the beta at least you're not locked in on EU servers.  In the FAQ arenanet released they mentioned being able to move from NA to EU.
this the info you are looking for: http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2
also: 45 mins left.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »

Thanks hachnslay that's exactly the one I was thinking of!

10 minutes! Now we get to see how close to the mark they actually get the servers up. Also, I get to see if I leave work early........

which I probably will.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »

heh, timeout on logging in - "try again in a few minutes" i will.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:48 pm »

The servers went live about 30 mins early so I was able to get some play in before the horde showed up. The game is horribly optimised at this point, so don't be surprised to see low FPS even if running a state of the art rig.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

"unable to connect to a login server."

seems like i'll be playing a magic-the gathering prerelease at midnight and play guildwars in about 8 hours, when the weaker crowd is sleeping.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2012, 03:55:44 pm »

The servers went live about 30 mins early so I was able to get some play in before the horde showed up. The game is horribly optimised at this point, so don't be surprised to see low FPS even if running a state of the art rig.

How horrible, and what's your rig like?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »

How horrible, and what's your rig like?

i5-2500k OC'd to 4.45 GHz
16GB ram
dual EVGA Superclocked GTX 570
Win 7 64

Wideband internet with download speed averaging 5.8MB/s

Not state of the art, but silly for playing an MMORPG.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »

Annoyingly, I have to redownload everything... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »

Sea of Sorrows was full when I logged, didn't even bother to touch that.

Just got d/c for some unknown reason...  and yea, my PC is being sluggish, it is low end though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »

I got into the closed Beta, but apparently I can't log in to this Event?

Sadface... I was really looking forward to trying this out. Nevertheless, I'm Solifuge.4539, and I'm a night elf mohawk Norn Ranger. Or at least I will be when I get in.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »

I'm personally taken by either the mesmer or the guardian at this point.

Beta is buggy though, been disconnected a number of times.  Probably not gonna play too much, since it is going to be wiped anyways.  Mostly so I don't kill my enthusiasm...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2012, 09:45:38 pm »

Just had a little go. Made a charr warrior. I'm level 3 and allready I can't decide between hammer, dual swords, or sword and horn. This game is damn good.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »

Having a blast so far. I've been disconnected a number of times, but that sort of thing is to be expected during a beta.

I've tried out a Charr Thief and Human Necromancer so far. I liked the Thief instantly, and while the Necro was initially not really my thing, it's grown on me a little bit.

It is jarring to be playing such an 'evil' class with selfish, power-hungry intentions, though, while the story/dialog insists I'm a little goody-two-shoes who cares about the common folk. ;P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

I've played 2.5-3.5 hours and not had a disconnect yet. I am on Fort whatever on US.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86