Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187863 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Re-imagining the MMORPG genre
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:38 am »

The patcher for this weekend's BWE is now live, if you have the old one or know where to get the new one (hint - reddit - hint).  ;) The emails will probably be sent shortly.

From what I'm reading on Reddit, those are outdated. There are posts telling people not to download it.

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:20 am »

Were you in the last on Kale??? Also aint you an Aussie or am I mixing you up again...

Nah, I wasn't in the last one. And I'm from the US, just up very late :]

From what I'm reading on Reddit, those are outdated. There are posts telling people not to download it.
Well, those people are wrong.

There's a new patcher. The old patcher, if you have it, will download the new patcher. This will delete the old client if you have it and download the new BWE one.

I may or may not be staring at a loading screen right now too, which I may have been able to screenshot for you if ANet didn't disable printscreen at the loading screen.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:36 am »

Just noticed on my Client Downloader, NDA has been lifted. Who wants to know what I did on the 23 of March... :P

To be clear. I am a member of an Australia/New Zealand Guild known as Glory in Ashes, or the GIA. The acronym is also that of Game Informers Australia, a Gaming magazine we have here in our countries who is "host" of this Guild. While we are mainly AUS/NZD we are welcoming with wide open arms anyone that wants to join, as far as I know. So yeah...

We were also the only Full Guild in the previous Closed Beta, that being a Guild that wasn't formed via a few friends but a community. So we had a huge bonus for that, but sadly nearly 70% of our members were unable to attend the beta due to problems with the Distrubution of the Codes and Client info for each person in the guild, numbering close to 60 or more last checked. As such, due to a large percentage of us calling in sick on those days for said beta, ArenaNet sent everyone via our Media communicator of Game Informers Australia an appology from one of the head director and a little something to compensate us so it seems. That little something I will be soon giving away...

While I was able to enter the beta itself, it was limited time before the close being the last day or so, yet I did look at each starting area and didn't stray far into the game beyond the first zone or so. I checked out each of the available races and saw each of their starting stories, though to be honest the Human one was the most interesting and felt more compelling then the Char and Norn. Where the Char and Norn ones were a straight path with little to do on the sides, the Human one had plenty of chaos and things happening around you that you felt that you were really part of something happening. Hopefully this will be addressed in the future and with this Beta coming...

Also...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 09:17:24 am »

Wow, that was incredibly awesome of ArenaNet.

I remember reading the RPS preview that the human starting experience was a lot more involved and interesting than the others, though I still plan on making one of everything eventually. And plenty of chaos? I like chaos!

And nice banner. I quite like it.

Biggest question of all for a dwarfy fellow such as yourself who has been there: is it as much fun to play as it looks?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 09:19:14 am »

Biggest question of all for a dwarfy fellow such as yourself who has been there: is it as much fun to play as it looks?
Does the Dwarf Melt in Magma???

I feel that we need to come up with a better DF style "Does a Bear shit in the woods..."
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

Bwahaha!

I don't want to get any more excited for this game. But now I am. Maybe it'll scratch that Warhammer Online itch I've had with large-scale PvP, too. I really enjoyed that, and the WvWvW thing sounds amazing. And no subscription fee ...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 09:32:06 am »

Bwahaha!

I don't want to get any more excited for this game. But now I am. Maybe it'll scratch that Warhammer Online itch I've had with large-scale PvP, too. I really enjoyed that, and the WvWvW thing sounds amazing. And no subscription fee ...
My only complaint so far is the PvP side of things isn't fully balanced yet, that there is a spot in the W^3 zones where one team is immortal for a good long distance and when you stray too close to the area you get one hit killed by OP Mobs so if you push a group all the way out of an area they can sit in this immortal area and be fine and bait noobs into cause its only a few meters away from the closest keep...

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:10 am »

Huh, that does sound a bit strange. Maybe they'll change that mechanic later on. I don't mind heavy NPC defenses in certain locations, but immortal players (even in just a small spot) is kind of an odd choice.

Still, it sounds so amazingly fun. Lots of opportunity to form big guild groups to organize and get things done. Or just join a zerg rush and revel in chaos for a bit of senseless violence.

If anyone in your guild throws up a video or anything, and you don't mind sharing it here, I'd sure like to watch it.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 06:54:23 pm »

I'm deeply wondering if I should buy it or not. If there's other B12'ers, I could be interested. We could form up a guild or something of the like. Since my skills are in training on EVE Online, I've got some free time.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:50 pm »

Just got my beta link.  Might wanna check yer emails pre-order folks.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »

Warning to all. Its about 13gb. Make sure you got the space and have it installing to the correct location ^_^

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 07:01:01 pm »

Can we all join on the same server, or are they segregated by our real-world location?

But yeah, I'd be interested in a guild with a heavy Bay 12 (and other fine fellows, too, of course) presence. Doubt I'll be able to afford the game near its launch date, though, no matter how much I'd like to. So keep the doors open for us late-comers, too, eh?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

You can join any server anyplace.  In fact you can even change servers for free (though you can't participate in world vs world pvp for an unspecified amount of time after)

I think the only region locking is only where you can start the game from.  And if I recall it's only for the US and Europe, US residents can only start the game in the US, Europeans can only start the game in Europe, anyone else can start it from anyplace excluding possibly Europe (but they use US login servers regardless)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »

Last I heard, us Aussies were locked to Europe servers at the start...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

I might be wrong then.  As a US resident with no plans to travel I skimmed over that bit.

Way I understood it play server was completely liquid, it was just login and database servers that were fixed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:23:01 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86