Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187872 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:45:51 am »

Guild Wars 2 is almost here!

INFO: What is so great and different about Guild Wars 2.

It is now for sale: https://buy.guildwars2.com/ - No monthly fee!

The first Beta Weekend for Pre-purchasers is the weekend after next! April 27th -29th.

Press:
RPS - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/26/guild-wars-2-beta-preview/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/02/10-thoughts-and-cool-things-about-guild-wars-2/
WvWvW PvP commentary: http://youtu.be/XlYUVvyDMNs

I will most certainly be spending a lot of time on Guild Wars 2. I've clocked in about 3000 hours on GW1. I hope that some of you will be interested in joining me for what I'm sure will be an amazing game, well worth the money.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:29:18 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Re-imagining the MMORPG genre
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:13:19 am »

I'll be there. Add GimmeCat.2410 whenever such a feature become available. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 05:47:04 am »

Cannot wait for the 27th.!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:29:25 pm »

The linked post made me moist. Just sayin'.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 05:15:14 pm »

No monthly fee and no pay-to-win "micro" transactions sounds really great, honestly.

I'm not buying it yet, but I've got my eyes on it. I'll be watching here to see what you guys think about it. The videos for it look incredible ... but I've been let down too many times by MMOs to let myself get too excited.

Cautiously hopeful that it will be good. Especially interested in World versus World.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:25 pm »

This part made me giggle insanely for no reason, making some of my coworkers look at me strangely:

Divinity's Reach is the capital of Kryta and home for the humans. [...] The city is best described as a cultural melting pot, housing refugees from Ascalon, Cantha, Elona and even people of Orrian descent.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:25:15 pm »

Out of all the MMO's I have ever seen gameplay of, this one interests me the most.

It is, of course, an MMO, and I will probably have to skip out on it. Not so much that I don't like MMO's, but I don't have the time. The fact that it has no monthly fee does make it very appealing though, since I wouldn't feel I have wasted 10 bucks on a subscription for month I only get a few hours in.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

I still need to get those last two points from my HoM to get to 30 and get all the possible items.

I'll probably be Burnt Pies in 2, same as I was in the first.

I sunk at least 2.5k hours into the first game, so I'll definitely be playing this one.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:11:11 pm »

I tried playing the first  game to get that HoM stuff and I just couldn't do it, the first game just grates on me and I find playing it a chore. Somehow that makes me even more excited for the sequel because it really seems like they've looked at their past game with a critical eye and fixed everything about it that I dislike.

...Except not letting me play as a dwarf. Bastards.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 06:06:22 am »

I tried playing the first  game to get that HoM stuff and I just couldn't do it, the first game just grates on me and I find playing it a chore. Somehow that makes me even more excited for the sequel because it really seems like they've looked at their past game with a critical eye and fixed everything about it that I dislike.

...Except not letting me play as a dwarf. Bastards.

Make a chubby Asura. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:43:23 am »

I may actually try this, i never really play alot of mmo's.
But i'm never the first to buy a game. I first observe reviews that i can trust (X, these forums, etc) and then look out for all possible info, and then i buy the game.
Btw, what server in the wvwvw are we going to control? red? blue? green?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 07:00:01 am »

I'm pretty sure WvWvW is based on your server for PVE, and it changes every fortnight. Servers that win WvWvW are paired up against other servers that win, losers against losers, so it all balances out, and then it switches when the fornight is up. I think the colours are just assaigned randomly to the three servers facing each other?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:29:59 am »

Haven't paid much attention to this, not a too big fan of MMO's.

But damn this sounds promising, too promising in fact, it's like the perfect MMO, it has all the awesome stuff it needs to have and neat little ideas, but I just can't stop feeling this great big doubt towards them delivering all this like they say they will :S

Still, if there's a trial I might give it a whirl and then decide, biggest factor in that will be it's bandwith usage and dependecy on good internet :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:29:49 pm »

I like how years of MMO releases have trained gamers to respond to good news with "yeah, but whats going to go wrong." Brings a tear to my eye. :)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 12:38:37 pm »

Ofcourse I'm going to play this, is bay12 getting a guild sorted out? If not and people might be looking for one I'm going to be helping lead one with my other clan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86