Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187956 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #900 on: October 23, 2012, 10:50:15 am »

Ehmry Bay, unless that has changed...  There are 2 DF guilds apparently.  I still have yet to join the other one...  So meh, I'm still in Kittens,Socks and Magma.  Rarely represent it these days though, most people jumped ship to the other or simply stopped playing.

I should ask for more powers actually, so I can lord over the empty guild and possibly use its storage privately...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 23, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »

Yea I mostly spend my time in a small 3 man guild with my RL friends when my old WoW guild went and said "ohh pandas! GW2 endgame blows anyway" and dumped me in the dust when I wouldn't go back to the gear treadmill.

I think I still have KSM militia captain rights (Which I only got because I was the only member on my server and needed to be able to do things with Jade Quarry's influence) and I should be able to elevate somebody for the same purpose as long as no-one else cares.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 26, 2012, 09:18:14 am »

Wee, I finally got a chance to play!  Having an awesome time with the sylvari, if only the outfits were less cheesetastic.  Also one of my wrists is out of commission, and controls are awkward for 1.5 hands.  Still fun though. :)
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 07, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »

Arise my minion!

Some minor necromancy because they will be doing a refer a friend thing soon that will allow some folks the chance to do a bit of a try before you buy thing.  Here's a copy and paste of the official post.

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Wanted to give this a shot but not sure you would like it?  Here's a chance.  Some DFers ingame might have a few invites to hand out once we have all the details.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »

Arise my minion!

Some minor necromancy because they will be doing a refer a friend thing soon that will allow some folks the chance to do a bit of a try before you buy thing.  Here's a copy and paste of the official post.

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Wanted to give this a shot but not sure you would like it?  Here's a chance.  Some DFers ingame might have a few invites to hand out once we have all the details.

And after the game downloads and updates for two and a half days you and your friends can play for a few hours!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 07, 2012, 08:03:02 pm »

Longest download I ever had was like 2 hours during the beta.

My guess is that they'll let the free passes download on the 12th just not log in til the 15th.  But we donno for sure yet.  They've seemed to give plenty of time for downloads in my experience so far though.  Even during the betas you could keep your client updated when the beta wasn't running.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 11, 2012, 11:20:09 am »

I imagine download time would depend on internet speed.  So it could be several days for some people.  Maybe find someone with the discs?

Although, if you're on dialup or satellite or really slow broadband, I think GW2 is just a bad idea.  Try Kingdom of Loathing MMO, I think that's a really low-bandwidth MMO. And it's pretty fun.
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51:50 am »

I imagine download time would depend on internet speed.  So it could be several days for some people.  Maybe find someone with the discs?

Although, if you're on dialup or satellite or really slow broadband, I think GW2 is just a bad idea.  Try Kingdom of Loathing MMO, I think that's a really low-bandwidth MMO. And it's pretty fun.

A slow internet in general is a poor choice to play any MMO.
Kingdom of Loathing isn't really an MMO as it's just a browser-based RPG game... thing. I mean, yeah sure a lot of people ARE playing it at the same time, but it's not really an MMO in the traditional sense.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:47 pm »

Ah.  Well, I'd call it an MMO just because you're playing online and other people are there too - you can be in chat, etc.  But YMMV.   It's true you can't exactly play with other people directly.

I'm looking forward to this new event. The Halloween event was awesome, so this one will probably be great too.  I'm a bit disappointed that the final event is on Sunday, but oh well.
To summarize:

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 12, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »

They've started allowing you to send your friends trial codes for the Lost Shores event this weekend, each person gets 3 to send out and they let you play from November 15th to 18th for free. All of the details here. I assume they'll let you download as soon as you have your trial account set up, so that gives you 3 days to download it.

Anyways, I've sent off one of my keys, but if anyone else wants one of the other 2 just send me your E-mail address and I'll send it out ASAP. (No escaped lunatics or accounts made before today please.)

EDIT: Gave another one out, only have 1 more to give out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:15:34 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 12, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »

I figure I got some keys to hand out too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »

I really like this game, but for some reason, some of the heart quests are starting to feel repetitive to me. Anyone else have this same feeling?

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:59 pm »

I dunno whats happened.... I like the game, but I just cant bring myself to play it any more.  I just stare at the character selection screen and give up.  Maybe its because I hate how the gladiator armor looks, maybe its because I'm tired of spamming AC runs, maybe I want it to be more like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, I just don't know.  Anyone else just hit a wall at some point recently?
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »

Eh, I spend most my time doing WvW, sometimes dungeons whenever I feel like it.  I've pretty much neglected everything else under the sun.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 12, 2012, 09:01:04 pm »

I dunno whats happened.... I like the game, but I just cant bring myself to play it any more.  I just stare at the character selection screen and give up.  Maybe its because I hate how the gladiator armor looks, maybe its because I'm tired of spamming AC runs, maybe I want it to be more like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, I just don't know.  Anyone else just hit a wall at some point recently?

Hmm, all my friends that picked up GW2 for PvE have quit at this point. Those that bought it for PvP are still going strong, though. That was pretty much what I saw with GW1 too.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 86