Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188028 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #705 on: September 07, 2012, 09:56:05 am »

Yea zerg works, but the clever strategies will often beat a zerg.

Of course then its possible to have somebody who thinks their strategy is clever and a zerg following their orders to get absolutely stomped because they are being led by an idiot.

Spoiler: ranting story (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 07, 2012, 10:32:16 am »

^
I have not encountered a 'Zerg Boss' on that scale of dumb yet... so I have little empathy for that situation. 
Though, I'm the sort that would open up the map and check things out... and call out the idiocy, probably after the first time, seeing that nothing is being done about the supply line.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 07, 2012, 11:57:02 am »

Is there an official leader role in WvW? If not, it seems like everyone should have just ignored him and someone else should have stepped up.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:23 pm »

Is there an official leader role in WvW? If not, it seems like everyone should have just ignored him and someone else should have stepped up.
There is no official leader role.  Which I'm glad for... since it just promotes cronyism and exclusiveness...

But... there is an item anyone can buy, that gives you the ability to lead a squad, which is similar to a party, but you can fit more then 5 people.  Apparently in WvW, everyone on your side can also see your location anywhere on the map?  It costs 100 gold.

EDIT: To address the second point... the Zerg is pretty much a mindless entity, the first 'plausible' and undisputed direction thrown out to the Zerg is what they would end up doing...  Or well, once the fighting is over, they can either scatter or follow the first person moving in a direction to the next fight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:11:10 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 07, 2012, 01:10:37 pm »

I love WvW quite a bit myself, especially that moment when your frontal assault succeeds and you are rushing through the enemy gates. Good stuff.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 07, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

I love WvW quite a bit myself, especially that moment when your frontal assault succeeds and you are rushing through the enemy gates. Good stuff.
Kinda funny actually...  My guardian has a skill called "Retreat".  It increases travel speed and adds a shield.

*Gate goes down*  From the crowd of attackers pushing in at the gate, you hear my character yelling: "Retreat!"

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 07, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »

Yea zerg works, but the clever strategies will often beat a zerg.

Of course then its possible to have somebody who thinks their strategy is clever and a zerg following their orders to get absolutely stomped because they are being led by an idiot.

Spoiler: ranting story (click to show/hide)

yep, this happens quite a bit with people with large egos, thankfully the wvw guild i joined is pretty good about setting up successful captures, even managed to take garrison and hold it for 3 hours even with 4/6 gates being down and the other invader + defenders were pouring in trying to take it
asura are the super nerds...so of coarse they will have stuff like that
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:41:05 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:52 pm »

Well since this game is still sold out I decided to use the free time I had hoped to spend on GW2 on another replay of GW. Seems like it's a ghost town mostly, but you do most of the pve solo anyway.

In beta I immediatly fell in love with the mesmer gameplay, however I had never played one in GW. May as well give it a go see if I can learn anything new!
Slightly off topic but that reminds me to ask, any know a good build for mesmer in GW? Prophecies and core skills only though, I never did get the expansions.

Anyway, I'm missing dem illusions and phantasms, but lotsa fun with conditions and interrupts. Quite a big change for mesmer between GW 1 and 2. Kind of lost a little bit of complexity with the removal of hexes and reducing it to conditions (debuffs) only.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 07, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »

Last WvW my world lost hardcore. One of the worlds controlled like 90% of the points, then the other two split the rest like 6% and 4%. Mine was the 4%.

Now that they switched it mine is at 28%. Still pretty unimpressive. I feel like one world is always going to have a huge advantage and it's just going to keep getting a greater and greater advantage until there's a reset.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:06 am »

Thats why it is the preliminaries right now.  Matches are 24 hours so GW2 will balance based on performance...  be glad it isn't 2 weeks yet...

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 08, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

I don't know why people say Heartseeker is OP when it rarely seems to work, while the warrior's Bladestorm will kill you in less than two seconds (and you spend one of those stunned by another skill).
Soaplent green is goblins!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

You can craft things using materials in your collection now. Thank god.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 08, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

You can craft things using materials in your collection now. Thank god.
But you can't discover, if I heard correctly.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 08, 2012, 01:32:55 pm »

I seem to be really bad at fighting other players... by far the most successful strategy I have had in PvP is to run from any even fight and then capture the point when they are not there. (Fortunately, thieves are the fastest moving, so at least I am the best class for my dubious habits.)
Soaplent green is goblins!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:42 pm »

I think the best strategies as a thief in WvW are stealthing your allies and poisoning the enemies. You sneak around in combat and dispense utility rather than outright damage. If you want damage and outright fighting power, be a warrior/elementalist/ranger.

Also, is it possible to block invites from a certain guild? This one guild sends me an invite at least three times a day and it's super annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 86