Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188106 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #480 on: August 25, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »

1, ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Current exchange, as of now...  40-ish silver per gem... it is likely to go up as the server matures.  That is for Ehmry Bay.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 25, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »

4. Current exchange, as of now...  40-ish silver per gem... it is likely to go up as the server matures.  That is for Ehmry Bay.
The marketplace is gamewide, it's not limited to servers.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 25, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »

Huh, that is news to me... so the whole trading thing is worldwide?  Might explain its refusal to work right... going to get worse at launch.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 25, 2012, 07:47:06 pm »

Please invite me to Bay 12 Guild. I am in Sea of Sorrows (Aussie player). :)

List of characters (the charr is my main):
Human Elementalist - Leonisa
Charr Warrior - Groknar Gutbearer
Asura Engineer - Vhakk
Sylvary Necromancer - Taliessa
Norn Ranger - Gareth Guntherson
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »

As me and Twiggie found out, you cannot add people on different servers. I'm sorry, but I can't add people that aren't on Ehmry Bay. If you're guesting in Ehmry Bay, just let me know and I'll add you.

As for those questions...

Cash-to-'gems' has always been bad in MMOs. That and server transfers are game changers for the player in WvW.

Will you have enough gold through PvP and WvW? No idea. In PvE, you should have enough gold within a month or two if you work on leveling and play for a few hours daily. High level areas almost always have better loot and gold.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:23 am »

There is still the guesting system so you can play together though. Server lock is really only relevant for serious PvPers.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2012, 02:51:12 am »

Okay, I managed to get my charr warrior to level 12 solo. The game is so immersive, this is an MMO where story matters!

There are daily rewards for doing 13 achievements (kill X enemy types, gather X amount of resources, etc.). I got cash shop and rare items for mine.

My charr will focus on armour crafting first and weapon second. I am trying to make 8-slot container box but have only had enough materials for one. Where is the best place to mine ore?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2012, 03:57:04 am »

The game is so immersive, this is an MMO where story matters!
It.. does? I've played for a while with a sylvian and i started skipping all dialogues because the script make me cringe.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:57 am »

Wow, crafting gives alot of XP..
making 100 loaves of bread leveled me up from level 10 to 12 1/2  :o

I just wanted to point out that this is not the way you should craft. One of GW2's central philosophies is that you do NOT need to grind stuff. You would have gotten much more EXP if you used the Discoveries tab to create items intelligently. You would not even be able to create all of the possible recipes before it leveled you to the next tier.

Remember: Discovery EXP is in addition to crafting EXP.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:44:27 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2012, 08:20:45 am »

Where is the best place to mine ore?

Caves.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2012, 08:40:13 am »

The game is so immersive, this is an MMO where story matters!
It.. does? I've played for a while with a sylvian and i started skipping all dialogues because the script make me cringe.
He probably isn't just talking about the Personal Story, but about the story in the events. If you don't know that it's going on you're likely to miss it, but nearly every event has people talking, giving some backstory or info on what's going on.

EDIT: Turns out you can add people to a guild by putting in their name and identifier pin, so add me to the guild, Hugehead.3807.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:45:05 am by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2012, 10:00:24 am »

He probably isn't just talking about the Personal Story, but about the story in the events. If you don't know that it's going on you're likely to miss it, but nearly every event has people talking, giving some backstory or info on what's going on.
Passive exposure i tend to soak up. I just can't stand the unrealistic saintly dialogues in the human & sylvian(so far) personal stories.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2012, 10:07:54 am »

If that cross server Guild invite thing works for full tags I would like in.  I'm Greiger.5280   Also if any folks happen to see me in Jade Quarry or any overflows I'm Greiger.  Really big red kitty cat warrior with a greatsword and longbow.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »

I'm not entirely sure it is because we're cross server. My guild things is bugged, so I can't represent my friends' guild. So it might be the same for that...

EDIT: the invite does show up my my guild panel, i just cant accept it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:35:30 pm by Twiggie »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2012, 01:13:50 pm »

Well, the account name+numbers invite does work.  So if ya want in, just post it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86