Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187861 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Re-imagining the MMORPG genre
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »

I might be wrong then.  As a US resident with no plans to travel I skimmed over that bit.

Way I understood it play server was completely liquid, it was just login and database servers that were fixed.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. You can freely move around servers, but only between servers in your region I guess.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 10:26:40 pm »

The announcement on Worlds for this BWE is up.

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

Reddit, SA, Penny Arcade, GWG, and whatnot are ALL going Yak's Bend - US, meaning, it's going to be terribly full.

We're allowed one home server switch this BWE. If you want to pve, you can "guest" people into your world, but then you can't participate in WvWvW.

I'm still not sure if I want to end up in Yak's Bend - US yet.

EDIT: Looks like SA and Penny Arcade is going Sea of Sorrows.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:23:07 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:36 am »

I'm on the fence for this one. It looks like great fun, and I've always wanted to have a fun fantasy MMORPG. Do we have a main server to meet on as Bay12'ers? If so, I'm in :D

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 12:34:46 am »

For this BWE, I am debating going "Sea of Sorrows - US" or some random server. I'm not sure about when the game comes out yet. Need to see where friends end up.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

I'm not sure what server I'm going to end up on, but I'll gladly play with B12ers this weekend and later. I've had it preordered since the 10th and I'm super excited for Friday!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:05 am »

I'm on the fence for this one. It looks like great fun, and I've always wanted to have a fun fantasy MMORPG. Do we have a main server to meet on as Bay12'ers? If so, I'm in :D
Try signing up for the giveaway I am holding, you might get a copy for free that way...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 04:42:57 am »

Protip for idiots like me: Don't "Run" the file you download, instead of saving it somewhere first. GW2 will end up installed to your Temp folder, where Windows is likely to eventually delete it. >_>
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:52 am »

SomethingAwful - Sea of Sorrows - US. Also unofficial Oceanic server.
Non-Oceanic GW2Guru is going to Yaks Bend - US
GW2 subreddit is divided between Yaks Bend and Darkhaven (1% difference).
4chan /v/ has claimed Anvil Rock - US and /v/abbi - EU
Penny Arcade is going Fort Aspenwood - US
Tarnished Coast - Unofficial Roleplaying Server
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:37:39 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 08:15:16 am »

If GW2 puts up an official RP server, it would be where I'm most likely to go.... considering I harbor no loyalties for those other forums/communities... and dislike having to deal with full servers... best to avoid all of em, not go to them.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 08:34:55 am »

Yeah, no official RP server, but there are unofficial US (Tarnished Coast) and EU (Petrified Forest) ones. Also, there are a fair number of features that rely on having a decently populated server, so it makes sense to find a server that has one medium-sized online community. It's no fun to be on an empty server doing WvW or to be wandering around the PvE world doing dynamic events with only one or two other people. We don't make enough of a population difference on our own, really, and it's rare to have more than 3 or 4 B12ers on at once on any given game without previous organization (judging from past personal experience).

Edit: Although, looking at this list (http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/yufLnSN3M3) it looks like Sea of Sorrows is filling up a bit more.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:37:41 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 09:42:20 am »

Strongly recommend avoiding Maguuma and it's less than desirable lot of MMORPG.com community members
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 09:50:29 am »

Meh, the unofficial ones tend to suck for the fact that it is just unofficial.

I don't RP myself, I just find that the people there are a few steps more pleasant in the long running comparison.

Thanks for the list, at least I know which servers to avoid.  I am resigned to being 'PUG' anyways.  Rarely play with other B12ers or friends.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 06:32:42 pm »

Well, I just said "screw it" and bought the regular edition. I'll probably see where most people in the larger forums sites group to, and I say the one with the highest population is where we decide as the "main" B12 server. I say we just form a guild with B12'ers forming the higher ranks and opening it up to all for standard rank. We could get a decent sized group, as this IS a brand new game.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:24 am »

I'll probably be on Riverside (EU) with mein friends, you're all welcome to join us come tomorrow.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2012, 04:12:26 am »

Has anyone else who's pre-ordered not got their email yet? I'm starting to get a little worried.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86