Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188124 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

Is there any lag problem (in the beta), playing from europe in a US server ?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »

I believe that lag is universal since its the same transatlantic link you have to use regardless of the game you play...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »

I believe that lag is universal since its the same transatlantic link you have to use regardless of the game you play...

Some games have better response times to reduce lag. It's a perfectly valid question, but I don't know offhand. You can always try the day of and transfer out if the lag is too intense.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »

well, i'll try when I buy the game, then ...

I think some Bay12ers are in europe and will want to join the bigger part of the community in the server in US, so keep the feedback coming. ;)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »

There is a League of Legends champion that is so clearly a shoutout to Charr in GW2.   The few friends that play LoL I know insist he's a shoutout to the Ronso from FF10 instead and that it's just a coincidence.

...they have the same dance...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:25:33 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2012, 01:57:09 am »

I'm playing from germany - I have less lag on Ehmry Bay (US Server) than on Elona Reach. Most likely because of the number of people on during the hours i played in the stresstests.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:13 am »

Well, I'm rolling up on Piken Square (Roleplay server, EU). I figure it will have a decent atmosphere, and not be overly crowded like I imagine Desolation will be. From what I understand, it doesn't really matter what your Home server will be, if you can guest on other servers to play with guildmates anyway.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 23, 2012, 12:35:54 pm »

I was actually thinking of joining desolation, since its probably going to have an awesome WvW scene, and thats all that your home server actually changes anyway...

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 23, 2012, 04:25:12 pm »

There was apparently a "hidden" stress test today.

EDIT: has anyone else had to reinstall their client, or was there just a huge update?
DOUBLE EDIT: also, has anyone had troubles logging in? I tried to log into the stress test but it was in its "loading" state for forever.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:31:16 pm by Carcanken »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 23, 2012, 05:34:43 pm »

I had the loading issue for a few minutes on login...I assume it was just an issue of everyone logging in at once. I didn't have to reinstall but yeah the update from the last big stress test was pretty big. I updated yesterday and today was a small update.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 23, 2012, 05:41:57 pm »

Mine's currently downloading about 5K of files and will probably be awhile. It can't access the log-in server to play, meaning the server's probably down right now even if some worlds are up. I doubt an unannounced stress test means they'll leave log-in available during that time. Likely just an internal test that they've fired up the live servers for, probably to test all this new stuff I'm downloading now and make sure it's working.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 24, 2012, 01:13:28 am »

Well, in the end i will play on Jade Sea (FR) with my old guild from AoC/War. This way i can be sure to understand what everyone will be saying on TS and to be understood - my accent is terrible.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:20:28 am by Sirian »

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 24, 2012, 01:48:39 am »

I'm interested in playing with you guys but will probably roll on Jade Quarry or something and just use the guesting system once that's in place. I don't get off work until around 11 PM (US central time) so I want a high pop server so everything's not dead when I'm online.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 24, 2012, 03:01:44 am »

I will be on Jade Quarry with my guild (alliance technically...big guild with sub guilds).

Hopefully this does not result in long wait times or some crazy thing from being an overpopulated server.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 24, 2012, 03:15:50 am »

I'm interested in playing with you guys but will probably roll on Jade Quarry or something and just use the guesting system once that's in place. I don't get off work until around 11 PM (US central time) so I want a high pop server so everything's not dead when I'm online.

While Jade Quarry has a higher population, Ehmry Bay is considered a high population server. If you wanted to join the Bay 12 guild you can see what the population is like when you get online and decide if it's enough people. You'll be able to do a free server transfer is you aren't happy with the number of people within the first few days.

As someone else said, all that changes with the server choice is your place in WvW. If you want to hop servers you can, just the characters that you'd use for WvW would be tied to your home server. If someone that is heading to a different server wants to drop by at some point they can.

Only 23 hours to go. I'll be up for the first 8 hours of server time to get everything set up. The name will be Kittens, Socks, and Magma [StA] and I'll be checking for new people every hour that I'm on. Just post a character name here if you're on the Ehmry Bay server and I'll add you when I see it. I'll also attempt to link Steam with it to allow for more instant invitations, but I'm not sure how well that will work.

If anyone will be in the Asuran starter area at launch we should meet up and decimate some golems.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 86