Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188145 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »

Sea of Sorrows

This one's the unofficial Oceania server, so I'll be going there for a higher chance of running with people in my timezone who speak my language. I hope word gets around that Australian and New Zealand players go here, it sucks that there's no official support for our countries. Such a huge time difference between the US timezone and here makes it impossible to group with anyone other than insomniacs and nightowls. Just got some great news that a buddy of mine living near me will be playing too, so at least we can two-man together.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2012, 07:11:31 pm »

Well if it helps any sea of sorrows certainly knows how to kick ass in WvW.  I remember near the end of BWE1 we(Jade Quarry) were trying to take back a single tower in our borderlands that you guys had, and we ended up needing 3 trebuchets and about 3 hours to do it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

Yeah, Australian and New Zealand players are up there with the best of them, and being a minority in the MMO area (never any official server zone support) means we tend to band together in pretty tight groups. When you play games needing strategy and teamwork it really makes a difference having people you trust at your back. Plus we're used to our surrounding environment being filled with creatures that can kill you in horrible ways. :P

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:55 am »

It seems this website is the best one to keep track of guilds and servers now.

It's really well updated and complete, unlike the reddit lists and such which are now apparently outdated.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2012, 03:07:37 pm »

It seems this website is the best one to keep track of guilds and servers now.

It's really well updated and complete, unlike the reddit lists and such which are now apparently outdated.

hmmm... Isle of Janthir seems to have 250 australian 200 international around 750 american and a few unspecified guildmembers in their various guilds.
... it might be rather full there.
I vote for Ehmry Bay
because there's a lot less guilds there and less expected lag.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2012, 07:16:31 pm »

The folks for the Life in Aggro webcomic are going there.  It would have been my second choice if all my rl friends weren't going to jade quarry.

That makes me wonder though, are all these servers in the same area?(barring US vs EU of course)  If they are more spread out it would make sense to know one server is in say Georgia or Florida vs Washington or California.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

Less than a week left and I still don't know for sure what server to go on. That gw2guilds.org site is great, though, makes it easy to get an idea of what kind of community will be there.

I'm leaning towards the unofficial RP server (Tarnished Coast), but I may end up taking advantage of the initial free server transfer(s) if it doesn't feel right. I just want a decent community that likes WvW. And one that encourages a good atmosphere. I recognize that as a tall order, but maybe I'll get lucky. *sigh*

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2012, 11:59:52 pm »

I'm probably going to end up on Yaks Bend, only because most of my friends decided to go to that server.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2012, 09:35:57 am »

Looking at that list I think I'll stick with Ehmry Bay, seems to be a good mid (maybe higher) population server that prople here have already shown interest in.

Also the guild
Population seems primarily from the US so...

For the guild focus, on that site, why are some different colors? I haven't foun a legend of any sort yet

Edit: if we make a guild, that abreviation should be DORF
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:40:02 am by OzyTheSage »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:42 am »

As it stands Ehmry Bay is winning by 1 vote. The winning server be the home of Bay 12, but not necessarily where everyone is playing. Any events (meetings/quest runs/giveaways) that are set up will probably just be happening on the home server.

It's now 6 days til the release of the game and no one has suggested a name for the guild. Any ideas? If nothing comes up I'll probably name it something along the lines of 'Talons of the Bay' or something like that.

EDIT: Removed horrible wording.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:59:15 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2012, 10:19:55 am »

We do have a perfectly functional random name generator at our fingertips. :P

I don't know name limits, but I'll throw a few brainfarts out there.

"Cult of the One Toad"
"Slaves to Armok"
"The Twelfth Bay"
"Dorfs on a Realgar Floodgate"
"Appliers of Magma"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2012, 10:26:55 am »

Are guild names allowed to have numbers? We could have a simple name like "bay 12" or "Twelvth Bay"

Doesn't have a particularly good ring to it though... If I had access to DF roght now i could generate somr names. A DF-like name woulf br nice, like "CompoundWord of adjective-whatever". Open DF and start a fort, then go into "name group" and hit "random" while writing combinations that look nice, and even mix some together that serm like they would work

Ninjad

Edit: I kinda like the way "Slaved to Armok" sounds, but it seems to be something only we would get.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:28:42 am by OzyTheSage »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:52 am »

Yay the bay!

now that we are on the bay server the name doesn't really have to contain it anymore ...

Ideas:
Urist's Daggers (because Dagger means Urist)
Natural Resources [TOAD]
It's Not Really Magma [LAVA]
We Love Chert
Queue Magma [QM]

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:25 am »

+1 Slaves to Armok

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:20 am »

If everyone's alright with the server being Ehmry Bay I'll stop updating the counter that's at least a page back now and start up a vote counter for names. If you want to change a vote because of a new suggestion just say so. I'll be waiting with my vote in case of a tie.

Spoiler: Guild Name Votes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:25:36 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86