Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188160 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:41 am »

Just discovered in the last stress test the supersampling option. Now, that's quality.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2012, 11:16:39 am »

i only lagged with more than 60 people on the screen ... on the highest settings.
Maybe you just ran out of vRAM.
What card do you use?

Graphics card?
nVidia GTX 560 TI or something like that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:30 pm »

i only lagged with more than 60 people on the screen ... on the highest settings.
What card do you use?

Graphics card?
hmmm... that IS a good one. i hope you have a good power supply for it, though. Processor and other stuff?

edit:on topic of actually playing/talking about this game - i am now watching people play through the jumpingpuzzles.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:45:30 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »

What card do you use?

Graphics card?
hmmm... that IS a good one. i hope you have a good power supply for it, though. Processor and other stuff?

edit:on topic of actually playing/talking about this game - i am now watching people play through the jumpingpuzzles.

Powersupply is fine, processor probably isnt.
The processor is  Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70GHz 2.70GHz.
I also have 6 GB of ram.

How much would an adequate processor normally cost? Havent looked into it much as I havent had TOO many problems with it.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:15 pm »

I also have 6 GB of ram.

How much would an adequate processor normally cost? Havent looked into it much as I havent had TOO many problems with it.

Probably around $250 if the prices are the same as in my country. The problem is, when you change your processor, you often have to change the motherboard (and possibly the RAM too).

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »

-snip-

I also have 6 GB of ram.

following this site you might need an upgrade.
post your mainboard and we might find you something usable.

nin nin nin

also: you are still above minimum requirements, so there might be other problems - go to Control Panel, click 'Action Center' and then expand 'Maintenance' - click 'View reliability history'. any drops yesterday?

-- everything in ' '  is translated from German.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:33:30 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2012, 02:40:40 pm »

-snip-

I also have 6 GB of ram.

following this site you might need an upgrade.
post your mainboard and we might find you something usable.

nin nin nin

also: you are still above minimum requirements, so there might be other problems - go to Control Panel, click 'Action Center' and then expand 'Maintenance' - click 'View reliability history'. any drops yesterday?

-- everything in ' '  is translated from German.

Yeah, apparently it was near what i would say as 7 or 8 on the 14th, then it dropped to a 4 on the 15th.

Also as a side note, how do I check what kind of motherboard I have?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »

Oh lovely. While I do have the 25th off I just checked that site to see if I can run GW2. Apparently my video card isn't good enough. I might be forced to buy another computer if I can't force my laptop to do it.

Apparently I won't be leading the guild or getting a 3-day headstart. In fact it'll probably be another month before I can get another computer. :-\

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2012, 07:02:17 pm »

My graphics card (ATI Radeon 4600)doesn't pass on that site and I ran it just fine through all the BWEs and most of the stress tests, including the most recent ones where graphics actually mattered.  So I think it may be a bit off.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2012, 07:11:50 pm »

Radeon HD 3400
Intel Core i5-2400 / 3.1ghz
8GB of Ram

Graphics card.. doesn't look like it'll work...

I scavenged the graphics card off of some old cpu...(it used to run on integrated...)  this is the only part of my desktop which is not awesome....  I should fix that eventually I suppose... but too cheap/lazy to go and buy an upgrade.
At least I got the rest of the computer pretty durn cheap...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2012, 07:17:40 pm »

My graphics card (ATI Radeon 4600)doesn't pass on that site and I ran it just fine through all the BWEs and most of the stress tests, including the most recent ones where graphics actually mattered.  So I think it may be a bit off.

This is wonderful news. I'll be sure to log a full 24 hours of server time in the first 24 hours in celebration. I'll also set up the guild as soon as I'm done character creation.

It just hit me that we still don't have a guild name. Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe Boatmurder'd was mentioned, but I was thinking of making a list of names and doing a quick vote.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:19:17 pm by The Fool »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2012, 07:19:21 pm »

Yea from what I understand they are trying to go for low requirements, they are still using Directx 9 just so it still runs on older systems. 

Even with my subpar graphics I only see significant slowdown in WvWvW where theres sometimes 50 people within view range, all throwing spells and special effects at eachother. 

Even if you have significant slowdown you can still effectively use a siege weapon or use a ranged weapon, melee in WvW is practically a death sentence anyway it seems.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

By the way, are we making a bay 12 steam group? We have a bay12 group in general but something a bit more organized would be nice.

I got meself a new compy so my graphics card is the only real bottleneck (aside from the stock CPU fan, uhg.) I think you can find out what motherboard you have in the device manager or somewhere in the control panel. Failing that you can simply check what your current CPU and find out what socket that uses, then get a CPU with the same socket.

Posting from a tiny touch screen byw, angerface

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2012, 07:47:56 pm »

Yea from what I understand they are trying to go for low requirements, they are still using Directx 9 just so it still runs on older systems. 

Even with my subpar graphics I only see significant slowdown in WvWvW where theres sometimes 50 people within view range, all throwing spells and special effects at eachother. 

Even if you have significant slowdown you can still effectively use a siege weapon or use a ranged weapon, melee in WvW is practically a death sentence anyway it seems.

My experience was complete lag and 3 FPS when I tried WvWvW on high/medium settings.  :-\
With about 75-100 people of course, 50 people is 10 >.>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:56:27 pm by Carcanken »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »

We could make a steam group for this as well. We'd have to link Guild Wars 2 in steam to make it useful, which may or may not work, but I'd happily make/join a group if there is any interest in it. My steam name is The Fool [B12] right now.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86