Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188169 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2012, 10:43:33 pm »

Somewhere along the continuum between 0 hours a week and 35+ hours a week, that $15 a month might actually turn a loss. So, suppressing play times without causing the player to quit is a profitable goal.

This article suggests upkeep of WoW is only 20% of what they rake in from subscriptions, so even if you played WoW 24/7 for a whole month, you probably aren't costing them $15 in server load/moderation/what-have-you.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »

By the way, am I right in thinking that we'll be using the Isle of Janthir server once the game is out? At least, the majority of us? That's something that should be in the OP.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2012, 04:05:56 am »

Looking at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

I'm torn between the Petrified Forest, Gandara, and Desolation. I'm not sure I'm that much of an RPer to play on the RP-centric server, but I don't want to roll on a server that doesn't give a shit about lore and characters.

Hrm...
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 13, 2012, 08:05:28 am »

Looking at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

I'm torn between the Petrified Forest, Gandara, and Desolation. I'm not sure I'm that much of an RPer to play on the RP-centric server, but I don't want to roll on a server that doesn't give a shit about lore and characters.

Hrm...
Interesting - Just FYI: playing on the US Servers from Germany wasn't bad during the -non stresstest- beta weekends - variable ping of 30-120, it was playable.

What american server will we be on?
Isle of Janthir or Ehmry BAY?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:45 am »

The main reason a server hasn't been picked is because the final server list hasn't been released yet. I'd be up for Isle of Janthir if it's on the final list, though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2012, 09:38:09 am »

I have friends planning on Vabbi, so I'll be heading there.

Probably still join some b12 action though

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2012, 09:54:24 am »

I have friends planning on Vabbi, so I'll be heading there.

Probably still join some b12 action though
Vabbi you say? There is only one problem with Vabbi. It starts with V. It might attract a Voratious Vile and defectiVe lot, Valueless people, sometimes bordering on Villainy.  Your chats might turn Vulgar as discussions with eleVated offensiVenes crop up, like they rule - that. Very. board. (... I've been abusing my thesaurus lately - talking about /v/ - are you sure you want to go there? it will attract trolls. People watching you die just for fun? most likely there.)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:14 am »

Hrm...
Here is the thing about 'RP' servers...  you don't really have to RP.  But... there are some things that you could follow so that you don't step on toes too much... for the more uptight anyways.

1. /say is in character, you don't really have to say much if anything... and when you do, it doesn't hurt to not use chat speak...
2. Don't join a RP required guild, they are upfront about it, so don't worry about being 'ambushed'... unless you are just that dense...
3. Guild/Global chat is usually OOC, unless specifically stated otherwise.
4. Some people RP speak in /party also, so yea... best to leave if ya don't like their pace.  I havn't really had a problem with this since they are pretty open about it... or they just respond to ya/others in RP speak, so not a problem.

Anyways, I really don't RP and have run exclusively on RP servers for the last few years.  Far less bro in them...  far less...  Atmosphere is usually great among the non-RPer crowd(and the half-RPers) that shows up on the RP server.
Hilarious though when you see the more hardcore RPers saying that all non-RPers should get off the server.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:41 am »

So how does it work for server, once I choose one I'm stuck with it?

There is 2 servers that I'd like to be part of :/

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:56 am »

So how does it work for server, once I choose one I'm stuck with it?

There is 2 servers that I'd like to be part of :/

One server becomes your home server. That means you can only make characters on that server, and that's the only place you can participate in WvWvW fighting. If you want to play with friends on a different server, you can use the guesting feature. You can read more about it on the GW2 Wiki.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2012, 11:06:44 am »

I wish the servers would come up for one last hour so i can try the game out.  :-\

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 13, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »

Looking at that server list... I dunno, should we be on one of the more full servers? At least it's more full according to this. Plus when I did the stress test on Sunday it said it was a full server too.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »

I'd suggest going for Ehmry Bay. Even if it is considered an RP server I doubt any of us would force each other to RP, and I'm sure no one would mind a few non-RPers. It's better to guarantee space in the server than risk issues later.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2012, 08:55:16 pm »

I'd suggest going for Ehmry Bay. Even if it is considered an RP server I doubt any of us would force each other to RP, and I'm sure no one would mind a few non-RPers. It's better to guarantee space in the server than risk issues later.
RP Servers: The majority do not mind non-RPers, its just the select few uptights that do.  They can be ignored.

*Advocates RP Server for better atmosphere, less 'bro' and 1337.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:09 am »

RP Servers: The majority do not mind non-RPers, its just the select few uptights that do.  They can be ignored.

*Advocates RP Server for better atmosphere, less 'bro' and 1337.
While i do not count the use of the word "bro" as a degeneration of it's initial meaning, less " lol u took him to da bar|?" is always good.
Also it has Bay in it's name :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86