Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188213 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:53 pm »

I'll put the last BWE event in spoilers in case anyone wants to be surprised. I will say that some servers didn't get to do it (the timing of the event was a problem: the script to begin the finale event failed to start, but the script to end the beta weekend worked fine).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn that sounds awesome, I might have to try and get up early for the last BWE one.

And August 28th is way sooner than I thought it would be. So excited!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Release date August 28th!
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2012, 03:02:39 pm »

I really hope performance gets tuned a bit between the first BWE and launch... My systems are perpetually underpowered. (My group was NOT happy when my laptop hit 109C and shut down after an hour of defending Heroes' Ascent. =P)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:39 pm »

Definitely looking forward to the August 28th release date. Will give me something to do when not attempting to be at work, nostalgia over PS2 games, playing SWTOR, or resisting the urge to blow hundreds of dollars on Steam sales.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:26 pm »

We'll finally be able to try Asura and Sylvari races on the July 20-22 Beta. I can't wait! :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2012, 05:09:37 am »

Yep! Though now I'm not sure I want to ... I want to save a starting area for the actual release so it's completely fresh and new. Will I have the willpower? Stay tuned!

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2012, 12:10:42 pm »

Anyone going to be playing a dirty tree-hugger this weekend?

I'd like to try out the new area as a group this time around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2012, 12:31:07 pm »

I'm gonna be making a Sylvari, yeah. I'm going to be on a server with RL friends, though, and I'm not sure which one yet. Hopefully they'll decide today.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »

I haven't pre-ordered yet so I haven't played the beta or anything but I do plan to play with friends at release.

The problem is that I have a wacky travel schedule so I can't be primary anything. Instead I plan to be backup damage or healing. Anyone know a class that will fall well into that role?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2012, 12:57:09 pm »

Um... healing.  As far as I know only Elementalist and Guardian (and maybe Engineer with the potions gun? I know nothing about that) have somewhat decent healing capabilities and even they aren't great, since healing isn't really a major thing in GW2. Guardian's probably what you want if you normally play a healer, just because they have a lot of damage prevention/mitigation skills, but Elementalist would let you do backup damage + some healing + a little damage mitigation all at once at the expense of being much squishier and less specialized. Then again, those are pretty much the only professions I know much about (I have a small amount of experience with necromancer and mesmer and have only read skill lists for the other ones), so I might be missing something.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »

Make sure you redownload the client for the last BWE now, or there's going to be a huge wait tomorrow!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2012, 03:31:12 pm »

Redownload the client? You mean "run the launcher to get the latest update", surely. I'm only pointing this out because this is the second time I've heard someone say you have to redownload the entire thing, and it just isn't true. I've had the same Beta launcher since the very first BWE and it updates itself just fine every time.

'Course, if you have lightning fast connection and unlimited bandwidth, sure, why not! Go wild! Redownload Windows every time you boot up, too. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »

The launcher deletes the old one and redownloads the new client for you :P

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2012, 03:50:30 pm »

It downloads updates, not the whole client again. If it redownloaded the entire client every BWE I would have already seen it happen 4 times. I've seen some big updates (in the order of a GB or two), but nowhere near the full size of the game.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2012, 03:52:43 pm »

Oh apparently we get free and unlimited transfers for the first half of the BWE: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/wu1hw/world_transfer_will_be_free_and_unlimited_from/ (link to the actual forum post here)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »

Pretty sure this last one was a new client, as everything was cleared and the download was several gigs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 86