Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187912 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1110 on: August 13, 2014, 11:45:34 am »

... I have leveled all my characters through playing around. walking from story to story instance and occasionally doing a heart quest.
Not one of my characters has world completion.
Not one of my characters has defeated Zhaitan.
I play player versus TradingPost a lot.
I could buy legendaries if i wanted to.
I don't.
what do i play for? experiencing the story.
And occasionally trying to find a nice money grinding spot.
Manipulating the Economy.
those zhaitaffy i bought? sold for 500%

There's lots to do in GW2. You just have to look.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:34 pm »

I'm probably gonna try getting back into this game I guess. Probably gonna work on getting my Necro to 80 and making a Ranger to do the same with eventually.
Though I should probably get world completion done too, kinda gave up at 50%.

Soon as I'm updated I'll put my... whatever it's called here so anyone who hasn't can friend me, and we can hang out some time, maybe do some fracs, etc.

EDIT: Facekillz.7148
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:21:05 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 13, 2014, 11:12:09 pm »

My Name is Immaterial.3965
Anyone want to come hang?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 14, 2014, 04:19:31 am »

Online right now on my character Vaan Ish in case anyone wants to group.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 16, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

GW2 is 50% off until Aug 24, so if you have a friend wanting to get into it now's the time: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/save-50-percent-on-guild-wars-2-now-until-august-24/?utm_source=client

I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:07 pm »

So, ah, I got this game.

Did anyone else do that?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 21, 2014, 02:42:38 pm »

There are some pretty legit DDoSings happening against NCsoft right now so don't be expecting to pound away much time in this game until they stop.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 30, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

I'm reading through the feature pack coming in September and it's pretty exciting. A few neat changes:

Guilds now go across all servers
Performance improvements
New craft-only items
Megaserver changes to be clearer about map management
Leveling and personal story revamped to be clearer and more rewarding

A few potentially bad changes:

They're tying loot to your profession. Market turmoil ahoy.
Elementalists are getting nerfed again :(

Here's an overview of the changes: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 11, 2014, 02:43:24 am »

Looks like everything is up in flames over the new feature pack :/

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 11, 2014, 05:36:16 am »

The patch had... ups and downs.
One you get used to all the new stuff, the only truly annoying this is the way that your Personal Story chapters unlock every X levels now.
I've also found it just a bit harder to keep up, level-wise, with heart quests.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:25 pm »

Looks like everything is up in flames over the new feature pack :/

Just took a look at the forums.  They removed bundles and took hearts out of Metrica?  ANet, what is this madness?  This was supposed to be adding features, not removing the interesting and quirky parts of the game!

Good grief, they level gated diving goggles and skill points, and are forcing people to do the storyline by nerfing XP gain at level 29 until they do that?

I no longer want to level my alts at all.  This is the complete opposite of what this patch was intended to do.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:35:08 pm by Ghills »
To summarize:

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 12, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »

The level 29 exp nerf is actually a bug o_O  A pretty horrible bug, but a bug nonetheless.  Annoys me how they decided to up and change a ton of stuff that worked just fine.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2014, 07:19:36 pm »

The level 29 exp nerf is actually a bug o_O  A pretty horrible bug, but a bug nonetheless.  Annoys me how they decided to up and change a ton of stuff that worked just fine.

Well, that's a relief.

I hate how ANet keeps pulling the most interesting bits of the game out.

I still think the original Halloween update was the best update. Nothing has topped the Mad King IMO.  The game really tanked after the karka update and Ascended gear got introduced, and now they're merging the changes intended for the grind and skill treadmill loving Asian market into the main version.  The Asura beginning zone apparently lost fun content because it was 'too confusing'.  Huh? People can handle dungeon mechanics, but not golem chess? What is this?

I was holding off on leveling alts until after the improvements in this patch, but now I think I'm going to wait a bit longer. Unless the changes to drop rates have really limited the availability of crafting materials, there's no reason for me to try and finish off the other classes now.

The new megaboss schedule is complete and utter idiocy. Working people in western Europe and the eastern US can't play several of the megabosses at all now.

Also: I just learned that the next Halloween update only runs from Oct 21 - Nov 4.  I really don't like the shorter update cycle for this kind of thing. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:22:17 pm by Ghills »
To summarize:

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:08 pm »

Bumping to say that the new patch is not that bad. The changes to how traits are earned are complete and utter crap, but I really like the new leveling otherwise. All my characters were already created before the patch, so their traits are unlocked automatically now.  I'm probably never going to make another alt, but leveling the ones I have isn't a problem. The megaservers make the maps feel more alive, but it's pretty depressing that nothing's improved in Lion's Arch or Kessex Hills. 

I'm having fun running around with my guild doing guild missions and prepping for Halloween mostly.  We'll see what the next batch of Living Story brings.
To summarize:

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 19, 2014, 01:26:33 pm »

I have not played the in about 8-9 months. Can anyone tell me if they ever ungimped the Ranger? They kept saying a fix was coming but I never saw it.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 86