Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dream Interpretation: Alien Space Battle  (Read 16594 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dream Interpretation: Alien Space Battle
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »

So I was dreaming about being in the space program. I was in charge of flying the ship. We were up in orbit and got attacked by triangular UFO's. It was an advanced ship I was flying, kind of wing commander style that held 3 or so passengers. I remember at one point looking at a NORAD style monitor and seeing my spaceship pull a maneuver where it yaws in the opposite direction of travel to return fire. At that point I was hit by fire and the spaceship disintegrated. I was floating in space with my comrades in arms and we had small MRU packs that allowed us to maneuver. We came across a bigger station in orbit with 6 or more bigger versions of the triangular ships. I was about to try some kind of sabotage with my team when I woke up. This all happened above earth on the daytime side. I think I turned a few of the enemy ships into big fireballs =)

Twas a fun dream. But I like to try to interpret them a bit, but I have no idea what the meaning of all that might be... I normally don't dwell on that stuff or play many simulator's, have not for years now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:37:26 am by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Interpretation: Alien Space Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »

Dreams like that are your brain's way of saying "You're asleep"
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:52:28 pm »

Dreams like that are your brain's way of saying "You're asleep"... because you could never do something this awesome in real life, and your brain hates you.

Finished that for you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »

Dreams like that are your brain's way of saying "You're asleep"

I was hoping for something more along the lines of... your being scanned and tested for a secret black ops mission to stave off the alien invasion of 2012 =/

Dreams like that are your brain's way of saying "You're asleep"... because you could never do something this awesome in real life, and your brain hates you.

Finished that for you.

Haha, my brain loves me, at least I get to do this shit in my sleep. Which is allot more then I can hope for IRL.
I voted for BANANA!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »

I was hoping for something more along the lines of... your being scanned and tested for a secret black ops mission to stave off the alien invasion of 2012 =/
Well, if you were, you failed for sure, as you were blown to pieces.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Oh? He somehow managed to survive the destruction of his ship and drift several thousand kilometers into enemy territory and mount an assault on their mothership. That sounds like success to me.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:35:15 pm »

I learn from the greatest of them all Urist McMilitaryDwarf! HA!
I voted for BANANA!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:07 pm »

Oh? He somehow managed to survive the destruction of his ship and drift several thousand kilometers into enemy territory and mount an assault on their mothership. That sounds like success to me.
Obviously he was dreaming about Aurora space vampires.

3. Run Resize Enable

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »

Isn't it obvious? You're the chosen one. You should probably go and fulfill your destiny, the fate of the world in all likelihood depends on it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:46:57 pm »

If the dream ever continues, hijack one of the ships, and use their own weapons against them.

Did that in a similar kind of dream, except it was based more in my town, and I used an alien power armor I captured (by jumping an active unit, riding them like a bull, and forcing them into a wall (and of course, kicking the ass of the pilot after I managed to force-open the access port); sorta like a Jockey in L4D2) to hop aboard a strike cruiser buzzing past, take down it's security forces, and hire some local townies as the crew of my new ride; ready and able to take down the rest of the armada. Of course, I spared every bit of tech and armor on it, and went straight for the access point. If I were to capture a new ride, I want it in mint condition.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:52:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »

Hehe, sounds like you have lucid dreams down pat. Mostly I don't realize I'm in control until moments before I wake up =/

I must have played too much Duke Nukem as a kid P

As for the dream I ain't sleepin tonight, I'm looking for a sweet spot to embark that I didn't put a note on O.o
I voted for BANANA!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

Does anyone else ever vaguely feel like they might be shaking or writhing around in reality while they're dreaming? I obviously can't directly observe if I am or not, but I've been having these fleeting memories of such activity lately.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:11:37 am »

Did that in a similar kind of dream, except it was based more in my town, and I used an alien power armor I captured (by jumping an active unit, riding them like a bull, and forcing them into a wall (and of course, kicking the ass of the pilot after I managed to force-open the access port); sorta like a Jockey in L4D2) to hop aboard a strike cruiser buzzing past, take down it's security forces, and hire some local townies as the crew of my new ride; ready and able to take down the rest of the armada.

That's better than the ones I've had... The only lucid dream I've ever had involved me wandering around an enormous airport in New Mexico after skydiving into a forest. I realised I was dreaming after I survived landing.

As for meaning, look not to the dream but to your actions within. It doesn't mean much that you dreamed you lost your clothes in school, but it does say a bit about you whether you went and hid in the bathroom, went looking for them, or stole someone else's.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 12:20:28 am »

Did that in a similar kind of dream, except it was based more in my town, and I used an alien power armor I captured (by jumping an active unit, riding them like a bull, and forcing them into a wall (and of course, kicking the ass of the pilot after I managed to force-open the access port); sorta like a Jockey in L4D2) to hop aboard a strike cruiser buzzing past, take down it's security forces, and hire some local townies as the crew of my new ride; ready and able to take down the rest of the armada.

That's better than the ones I've had... The only lucid dream I've ever had involved me wandering around an enormous airport in New Mexico after skydiving into a forest. I realised I was dreaming after I survived landing.

As for meaning, look not to the dream but to your actions within. It doesn't mean much that you dreamed you lost your clothes in school, but it does say a bit about you whether you went and hid in the bathroom, went looking for them, or stole someone else's.
Or continued the day as usual.

3. Run Resize Enable

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 02:11:56 am »

So I'm willing to fight against bad odds, when defeated by those odds, I'm willing to go on and find some way of still fighting back. I see my enemies as superior, or endless. But I feel like there might be a chance for some help from friends. Failure or fear of failure is irrelevant... Not to mention I enjoy space battles (its the fight that counts, not necessarily the outcome) =)

Does anyone else ever vaguely feel like they might be shaking or writhing around in reality while they're dreaming? I obviously can't directly observe if I am or not, but I've been having these fleeting memories of such activity lately.

Look up sleep paralysis, it sounds a bit like your experiencing the tail end of that. I do get sleep paralysis when I start to really lucid dream allot and become half awake sometimes, and it freaks me the hell out. I am laying there and don't feel anything, don't feel myself breathing, and usually try to force a scream to get some feeling back, at which point I regain control and wake the rest of the way up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:20:56 am by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4