Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 550219 times)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: To Beef or Not to Beef
« Reply #2970 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:15 am »

In a pinch, swedish whiskey + draft root beer does work.

*the more you knooow*

Swedish whiskey? I would like to know more, please.

Swedish whisky is a fairly recent thing. I knew of one Swedish whisky distiller, and a quick google search turned up a 2nd, more recent one. Mackmyra is the older and better known of the 2, having opened their first distillery in 2002. I haven't tried their whisky yet, but it's gotten got good reviews, with most reviewers comparing their products to a good single malt scotch whisky.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:28:40 pm by Eldin00 »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 10, 2015, 11:53:04 am »

In a pinch, swedish whiskey + draft root beer does work.

*the more you knooow*

Swedish whiskey? I would like to know more, please.
It's whiskey that's made in Sweden.  :P

No, seriously, from what I can tell, it's not substantially different from scotch, but made with local ingredients in Sweden. Haven't had a chance to try any yet, so not sure how the local ingredients affect the flavor.

Made some killer fish curry the other night. Used tuna steaks thinking tilapia would be too flimsy, but now I'm seeing the value in floppy fish filets. The steaks were so thick and dense that the curry really didn't infuse into the meat. On the other hand, it meant you actually tasted the tuna as a counterpoint to the masala.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2972 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:06 pm »

Comparable to Scotch? Meh. I've never been a big fan of Scotch. I much prefer the Irish varieties.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:39 pm »

I'll happily drink just about any style of whisky. But given the choice, I'll take a good bourbon or rye over scotch or irish.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 11, 2015, 06:13:47 pm »

Deep fried frogs legs were this month's new food of choice. I think they'd have been better grilled or steamed or something, but they weren't bad - just a little on the tough side. One food I don't enjoy looking at, either - the veins were black and obvious, so they resembled tangled hairs at first glance. Still, I was at a sushi buffet so I'm not going to be too picky.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: July 12, 2015, 12:25:09 am »

I'll happily drink just about any style of whisky. But given the choice, I'll take a good bourbon or rye over scotch or irish.
Yeah, scotch is supposed to be the 'fancy' option or whatever, but I can't stand it.
Well I mean, I can stand it, and will drink it when offered(as I would most any booze), but it's pretty damn nasty. :P
Bourbon is nice, as is Southern Comfort even though it's not really whiskey. I don't think I've tried rye.
Fakeedit: damn, that stuff looks potent. I'll have to see if I can buy it around here... or if it's even legal, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 12, 2015, 01:25:20 am »

Since I’ve been trapped at home for a while, I’ve started going a little stir crazy. This manifests itself in a number of ways, but the biggest is procrastibaking; the upside is that I now have fresh baked scones, bread and homemade raspberry preserve!

Equally, however, I may rapidly descend into a huddled mess of baked goods and puns.

One might say… I am in the Dangerscone!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 12, 2015, 11:44:13 am »

Just bought a thing of Chobani-brand Greek Yoghurt, with flakes of chocolate, almond, and coconut to put in. Deliciousness! I need more yoghurt in my life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46:51 am »

Since I’ve been trapped at home for a while, I’ve started going a little stir crazy. This manifests itself in a number of ways, but the biggest is procrastibaking; the upside is that I now have fresh baked scones, bread and homemade raspberry preserve!

Equally, however, I may rapidly descend into a huddled mess of baked goods and puns.

One might say… I am in the Dangerscone!
Sounds like you knead a new way to bring in some dough, or soon there'll be muffin left.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 13, 2015, 07:52:47 pm »

Sounds like you knead a new way to bring in some dough, or soon there'll be muffin left.

You jest, but this issue has actually put a $1000 hole in my finances due to lost wages :/

I'm pretty batter about it, to be honest, I donut know how much more I can take!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 13, 2015, 08:08:38 pm »

A thousand dollars? That really takes the biscuit.
All I can say is that must really bite, dude.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 13, 2015, 08:11:02 pm »

Mmm, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess, so no use complaining about spilt milk.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 13, 2015, 08:57:02 pm »

You guys really batter up with the puns. You should stop before it gets stale.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 13, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »

We need a pun battle thread.
Or a pun battle string cheese.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Puenster on Punpernickel
« Reply #2984 on: July 14, 2015, 03:31:13 am »

This isn't related to puns, sadly, but I am here today to bring you some pictures of our new tandoori oven in operation.

How to tandoori: an ilustrated guide.

As empirical evidence has shown, lean beef is an awful choice.

This one here is made in Russia. No, seriously.

Spoiler: put in the grate... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: and close the lid. (click to show/hide)

The food will be ready in about 15 minutes. Hopefully, it should come out better than the horrible unchewable leathery mess that our beef has turned into.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 334