Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 554558 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: To Beef or Not to Beef
« Reply #2865 on: June 06, 2015, 02:40:12 pm »

Well, since it's about jelly: I've found a girl, who makes alcoholic ones. Like, ordinary cocktails, but jelly. She doesn't share the recipes, 'cause she makes them for sale, so now I have an excuse for buying a lot of liquors and things like this. Yep.
- What how are you going to drink your vodka up in Siberia? It is going to freeze into ice chunks you, know.
 - I'm not going to drink it. I'm going to gnaw it.
[/barelyrelevantjoke]
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 06, 2015, 02:42:30 pm »

Like jelly shots? Recipies for those are easily found - AFAIK the key idea is to combine the alcohol with Götterspeise pulver.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 06, 2015, 02:51:36 pm »

Aw, so this is a common thing? I saw it for the first time in my life. Now I will use the mighty Google and get terribly eaten. Thanks.
(Do anything except getting ready for the exams, as usual)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 06, 2015, 03:20:41 pm »

Oooooh, Jelly shot. Now that I've exhausted the lab tomato juice supply in Bloody Mary, I'm sure I coud make some nice jelly shots with agarose...

My ongoing campaign for workplace alcoholism continue!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 06, 2015, 03:46:37 pm »

My ongoing campaign for workplace alcoholism continue!
I feel it's affecting me.  Your campaign is a worldwide one, mm?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 06, 2015, 03:51:55 pm »

Is that a (labomato juice supply for Bloody Mary), or is that a (lab tomato juice supply) which you (mis)appropriated to make Bloody Mary?

Pre-post edit: Noticed spelling error, left it in.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 06, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

Lab tomato juice supplies that was sneakily turned into rather decent bloody mary, using the lab vodka, tabasco, and various condiments supplies.

The unofficial rule of the lab is that anything you find in the cafeteria left outside the fridge is fair game, and over the years a lot of booze has accumulated, which me and my advisor are perfectly willing to clean up. The tomato juice was leftovers from a recent conference.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: June 06, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »

I've always been in support of workplace alcohol. There is no place I've worked that wouldn't have benefited in some way from a margarita machine installed somewhere. If nothing else, there'd be far less office drama because nobody would be sober enough to remember a grudge for more than a day.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 06, 2015, 04:15:57 pm »

The unofficial rule of the lab is that anything you find in the cafeteria left outside the fridge is fair game, and over the years a lot of booze has accumulated, which me and my advisor are perfectly willing to clean up. The tomato juice was leftovers from a recent conference.
You're speaking about your lab, and your thesis and all. But I don't know who you are. I mean, what's your job? Will you tell me?

P. S. I have the "safe with a source of inspiration" in my lab  ;)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 06, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:22:12 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 06, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

I'm a Belgian doing a master thesis on directed evolution of proteins at the Catholic University of Louvain (not to be mixed with the Catholic University of Leuven :p ).

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 06, 2015, 04:27:08 pm »

So, it's biochemistry, right?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 06, 2015, 04:32:10 pm »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 06, 2015, 04:36:58 pm »

Yeah, makes sense.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 06, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 334