Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 552796 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Slow Your Roll
« Reply #2310 on: February 08, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »

Garlic?
Bad?
'
Do we live on the same planet? 'Cause I don't think so. Garlic is so delicious I could eat it with everything that isn't sweet. (I also happen to have some garlic sauce, and could probably make Thousand Island dressing out of ketchup, mayo and mustard...Apparently it has a name now. Didn't know that.)
(well, I guess there's one more thing to add to whatever salad I end up preparing tomorrow. Didn't find any interesting stuff at the store for one today.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:33:07 pm by DarkDXZ »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 09, 2015, 12:04:19 am »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2312 on: February 09, 2015, 04:07:04 am »

Garlic?
Bad?
'
Do we live on the same planet? 'Cause I don't think so. Garlic is so delicious I could eat it with everything that isn't sweet. (I also happen to have some garlic sauce, and could probably make Thousand Island dressing out of ketchup, mayo and mustard...Apparently it has a name now. Didn't know that.)
(well, I guess there's one more thing to add to whatever salad I end up preparing tomorrow. Didn't find any interesting stuff at the store for one today.)

Actually, garlic can be good with sweets, too. I recommend making a sauce with garlic, lemon, chili, ginger, and honey. Deliciously sweet, goes well with chicken. Also you can make antibiotic cough drops out of it. I made a batch of these a few years ago and they work great and taste awesome, though they do destroy your breath.

I've got my April fool's day prank ready now: give friend recipe for awesome fried gnocchi and insist on friend making them that day.
crying with laughter
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:10:50 am by Sappho »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 09, 2015, 08:44:15 am »

Apparently, drinking milk after eating garlic helps neutralize the deathbreath. My tests are mildly optimistic as to that working.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2314 on: February 09, 2015, 10:02:27 am »

Eating fresh parsley helps a lot, too. That's why so many restaurants use parsley as a garnish. The problem is that the stinky chemical actually gets into your blood and comes out from your lungs, not your stomach, so you have to neutralize it chemically. Breath mints are powerless against garlic!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 09, 2015, 01:50:27 pm »

On the sausage making front:

That's them, raw. A few are a bit wonky from where the sausage skins didn't feed well off the funnel due to slippy hands.

Started cooking them and I rolled the 'breaks' - whatever that bit is called - too tightly, I think. The sausagemeat has poked out the ends of a few of them.

In them is just pork shoulder, onion, sage, salt, and rice - no gluten as one of the people eating them is a celiac, and I'd rather not poison them. So if anyone has ideas on what I should put in the next batch, let me hear them, and if they're not too outlandish I might try them.

Next time I'd going to have venison mixed with the pork as well. Venison might be too strong by itself, so I'll have a mixture.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2316 on: February 09, 2015, 01:58:10 pm »

Those look really nice. I can sympathise on the celiac side - my sister may or may not be. She really rolled badly on the gene lottery - celiac and diabetes. At least she's not also lactose intolerant!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 09, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »

Eating fresh parsley helps a lot, too. That's why so many restaurants use parsley as a garnish. The problem is that the stinky chemical actually gets into your blood and comes out from your lungs, not your stomach, so you have to neutralize it chemically. Breath mints are powerless against garlic!

Clearly, you should pretend ground mints are cocaine.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2318 on: February 09, 2015, 03:55:26 pm »

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 09, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Lung inflammation potentially followed by death from sepsis.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

In them is just pork shoulder, onion, sage, salt, and rice - no gluten as one of the people eating them is a celiac, and I'd rather not poison them. So if anyone has ideas on what I should put in the next batch, let me hear them, and if they're not too outlandish I might try them.

You should make knockwurst.

By the way, friends, I've been deported from Prague and am hanging out in Scotland until they let me go back (up to 3 months). Any advice on food here? There is certainly a lot of fried, um, everything. Anything else I should watch for and enjoy? I have access to quite a nice kitchen at my friend's apartment where I'm staying, so I can cook. What can I get here that I won't be able to get when I get back home?
Haggis? Also, sorry to hear that, Sappho.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:55:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

Knockwurst? Not heard of that before.

By the way, friends, I've been deported from Prague and am hanging out in Scotland until they let me go back (up to 3 months). Any advice on food here? There is certainly a lot of fried, um, everything. Anything else I should watch for and enjoy? I have access to quite a nice kitchen at my friend's apartment where I'm staying, so I can cook. What can I get here that I won't be able to get when I get back home?
Deep fried Mars bar?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 09, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »

Tastes exactly like it sounds: Like a happy and fulfilled life that's cut short by a major heart attack at age 35. Try it, you'll like it.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:55 pm »

Throw some blood in your next batch of sausages. Good stuff. Oooh, or brain.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:49 am »

Throw some blood in your next batch of sausages. Good stuff. Oooh, or brain.

I heard young innocent mundane souls taste delicious when minced and added to sausages.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 334