Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 552798 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Slow Your Roll
« Reply #2295 on: February 07, 2015, 11:15:27 am »

My favorite drink by far is some nice, hot chocolate milk.

But, if I could buy any meal from McDonalds, I'd get a 20 piece chicken Mcnuggets, hash browns, shamrock shake, and large fries. With barbeque sauce.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2296 on: February 07, 2015, 11:49:03 am »

...Yeah, that ain't the world's most appetizing picture, but it was delicious.

I'unno, looks pretty good to me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 07, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

I'd certainly be happy to wolf it down with a chunk of cheese and some boiled eggs.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 07, 2015, 11:54:18 am »

I ate some with butter; the rest was devoured by a flock of screeching relatives before it could cool. And they've got me making another one now, which means it was sort of successful.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: February 07, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »

This, with the caveat that it looks a bit like a fat baguette. Which, not a bad thing.

Dayum, freshly baked bread is the best. My parents had a bread machine and we'd have fresh homemade bread every morning, but I think it broke eventually and they weren't making it too often then, so they didn't get a new one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 07, 2015, 01:27:50 pm »

This, with the caveat that it looks a bit like a fat baguette. Which, not a bad thing.

Dayum, freshly baked bread is the best. My parents had a bread machine and we'd have fresh homemade bread every morning, but I think it broke eventually and they weren't making it too often then, so they didn't get a new one.
My parents also have a bread machine, but the bread that comes out of it is rather sub-par in my opinion.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 07, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »

After listening to Northernlion defending salads in a "salads vs pizza" monologue in one of his recent Binding of Isaac episodes, I could really eat a salad lately... (I never saw them as a bad thing, mind you.)
If only I had something to make a salad out of in my house. Should probably go out and try to find something. Any suggestions/ideas/complete recipes, even if very rough?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:23:16 pm by DarkDXZ »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 08, 2015, 03:15:40 am »

Romaine + diced cheddar + ranch dressing
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 08, 2015, 04:27:06 am »

Romaine + shredded parmesan + grilled chicken. Add caeser dressing if you must, but it's perfectly fine on its own.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2304 on: February 08, 2015, 05:22:18 am »

My standard salad is romaine lettuce, cucumber, red bell or capie pepper, sliced mushroom, a small amount of minced red onion, grated carrot, and if I have it on hand, some shredded fresh basil (dried basil can be nice too but it's a very different flavor). Add olive oil and some black pepper and mix it up, then let it sit for five minutes or so so the onion flavor sinks through. Then add some balsamic vinegar and enjoy - and toast up a little bread on the side to make it more filling and soak up the last of the dressing. I've never been a fan of croutons, but a little bread can take a nice big salad and turn it into a meal. I also recommend adding some cheese, but it has to be a good kind of cheese to match the flavors. Mild cheddar can work nicely, or goat cheese if you like that. In Prague they have "Balkan cheese" which I *think* is a type of goat cheese, but quite salty, and you can buy it flavored with things like red peppers and garlic. Mmmmmmmm.

By the way, friends, I've been deported from Prague and am hanging out in Scotland until they let me go back (up to 3 months). Any advice on food here? There is certainly a lot of fried, um, everything. Anything else I should watch for and enjoy? I have access to quite a nice kitchen at my friend's apartment where I'm staying, so I can cook. What can I get here that I won't be able to get when I get back home?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 08, 2015, 12:08:08 pm »

Picked up a box of instant oatmeal and canned strawberries cheap. Was pretty good together. I shall enjoy breakfast this week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 08, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »

Garlic: poop or worse than poop?

A: Even worse.

In other news, I'm making some sausages tomorrow. Currently soaking the sausage skins - you have to do it for 24 hours beforehand, apparently. They look like a pile of tapeworms at the moment.

I have two pounds of pork shoulder to shove into the machine and I'll see what other things I have to add to them as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 08, 2015, 01:28:09 pm »

GiglameshDespair confirmed for vampire.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 08, 2015, 01:29:22 pm »

GiglameshDespair confirmed for vampire.

WHHHHY did I think that was because of the sausage and not the garlic?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2309 on: February 08, 2015, 02:18:42 pm »

Don't worry, I did it too. I was trying to work out if it was related to the tapeworm thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 334