Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 550371 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Grammatical Misteaks
« Reply #1890 on: November 10, 2014, 01:47:18 pm »

We could probably ensure it's a 55kb potato salad with a quick picture.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 10, 2014, 02:01:09 pm »

Made pizza the other week, base and sauce done from scratch too.

Tasty, too :P

That does look appetizing, though that may be because I just got off work and haven't eaten lunch yet. Soooo hungry...

That pepperoni looks a bit thick, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 11, 2014, 01:15:44 am »

I'm actually surprised you can see it... I can only see one piece, and even then its like 90% under cheese. I tried to cut to about 1-2mm thick, but near the end of the pepperoni it got hard to hold it straight, so it got cut a little skewy.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 11, 2014, 03:41:47 am »

It's actually pretty well visible. Protip: When the pepperoni gets hard to hold, slice it into little cubes or chunks and sprinkle it into the sauce, before you put the cheese on. Best pepperoni ever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:47 am »

That looks delicious, except I hate cooked tomato slices. Not sure why, both the texture and the flavour just don't sit well with me. Also, I think I see olives, olives are the devil.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 11, 2014, 09:08:24 am »

I see no pepperoni, only tomato slices. Which are delicious on pizza, especially because they mean you can use non-tomato sauces without missing them as much. Alfredo with tomato slices is good times. Especially with olives.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 11, 2014, 10:10:07 am »

So I'm trying an internet cream cheese recipie, to deal with the lack of cheap cream cheese here.

Part of it involves letting it sit overnight. We'll see how it works.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »

So I'm trying an internet cream cheese recipie, to deal with the lack of cheap cream cheese here.

Point me towards recipe?

PRE-EDIT: No wait, I think I may have found it, but it uses something I've never heard of before, much less seen in a supermarket.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 11, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »

Point me towards recipe?

PRE-EDIT: No wait, I think I may have found it, but it uses something I've never heard of before, much less seen in a supermarket.

The leaving overnight stpdes not seem to have worked.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:14 pm »

I tried two methods of making iced coffee. So far the hot-brewed kind was delicious, although it wasn't very sweet because I forgot to add the sugar while it was still hot. The cold-brewed kind (cold water and ground coffee left to sit overnight) currently looks like mud in a jar, but we'll see how it tastes in the morning.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 11, 2014, 09:53:45 pm »

Baking da cookies. Nom nom nom. Chocolate chip. Basic, but delicious.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1901 on: November 12, 2014, 02:07:53 am »

I tried two methods of making iced coffee. So far the hot-brewed kind was delicious, although it wasn't very sweet because I forgot to add the sugar while it was still hot. The cold-brewed kind (cold water and ground coffee left to sit overnight) currently looks like mud in a jar, but we'll see how it tastes in the morning.

Cold brewed coffee is magnificent.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 12, 2014, 07:36:08 am »

Cold brewed coffee is magnificent.

I can concur. For my hot-brewed iced coffee, i generally just make a plunger pot of normal coffee, have that during the day, then freeze the remaining liquid into a block.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 12, 2014, 08:24:36 am »

Update on cream cheese:

After boiling it again, and adding more vinegar than strictly necessary, it began to separate. It is now hanging in a cloth in the fridge.

Tomorrow I should have sour but perfectly servicable cheese.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 12, 2014, 10:14:55 am »

Spoiler: It is done. (click to show/hide)

It's a little sour, so I can't have it with jam, but it is delicious as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 334