Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 550817 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: It's rad! Or radish at least.
« Reply #1365 on: July 10, 2014, 11:58:08 am »

So I'm watching a video of two people unboxing and eating the contents of a Russian MRE (I know it's not MRE because they're an American thing but it's a military food ration in the end).

...Not sure what to think about but it makes me hungry. Look at all the crackers.
(it's this video if you're curious)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 10, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »

I nuked two strips of bacon in the microwave for four minutes. They were charred completely black. Still tasted awesome.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 10, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »

Goddamn but this spicy ramen soup stuff is amazing. Seriously, it almost feels like storebought soup and its microwavable :)

Also, bought some sliced almonds to hopefully spice up the fish grill out I'm gonna do once mom stops being sick.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 14, 2014, 12:25:02 am »

So, I've been made to go gluten free by my doctor (no, I'm not interested in discussing the reasons why). It's... hard. I like my baked goods, damn it. And the replacements are generally awful.

But I tried making gluten free pie crust today from scratch, and it came out half-way decent. I just need to find more things (not replacements) that I actually want to eat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 14, 2014, 12:35:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 14, 2014, 12:41:58 am »

So, good news. I've started substituting coconut milk for milk in pretty much everything, and it's working really well--except as a creamer, which is what I originally bought it for.
Coconut milk works really well if you're cooking it, which is probably why it's not working well as a creamer.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 14, 2014, 12:43:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 14, 2014, 12:46:09 am »

That's kinda weird, if the special formulation doesn't work as advertised. Since I haven't ever tried that sort of creamer, I don't think I have anything else to say..

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 14, 2014, 12:49:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:47 pm by Vector »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 14, 2014, 12:51:48 am »

Eh, that's probably raw coconut milk flavour. Takes a bit to get used to, methinks.

Sounds like soy milk, for that matter..

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 14, 2014, 12:54:58 am »

Coconut milk is pretty dang tasty... I never used to like it, but the last few times I've had it I enjoyed it.
What exactly can it be used in? Does it taste good in hot beverages, like coffee/tea/hot chocolate? Can you scramble eggs with it? I've been kind of wanting to use less cow milk for a while, both since too much lactose messes me up pretty bad, and because most large dairies are incredibly unethical.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 14, 2014, 12:56:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:27:42 pm by Vector »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 14, 2014, 06:51:14 am »

My suggestion? Start drinking coffee/tea black. The trick is to splurge a bit and buy higher quality coffees. The only coffee I drink milk/cream in nowadays is Tim Hortons and the stuff they serve in my cafeteria at work. The former because it's laced with crack, and the latter because the Caf coffee left black is so rancid you could strip paint with it. And not as in strong, it's just plain awful. But it's free, so I push on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 14, 2014, 04:26:16 pm »

So, interesting question for you all, what do you guys think of the whole "organic produce" thing?

My personal viewpoint on the issue pretty much boils down to "fertilizer was invented for a reason" but I'll admit I haven't done any research or anything.

So, thoughts?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 14, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

So, interesting question for you all, what do you guys think of the whole "organic produce" thing?

My personal viewpoint on the issue pretty much boils down to "fertilizer was invented for a reason" but I'll admit I haven't done any research or anything.

So, thoughts?

I think organic is a terribly misleading and ambiguous way to label produce.  Also most of the times I've gotten organic anything their have been bugs in it.  :(  I still remember the nasty white grubs in the organic banana's my roommate bought.  *shudders*

I do think its a good idea to get away from using fertilizer and pesticides, but I think we need to do more work to get there without buggy food. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:46:03 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 334