Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 552913 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: An Offal Day
« Reply #2490 on: February 24, 2015, 09:58:45 pm »

Probably just as cooking - it's adulterated diluted with a bunch of soybean oil, but the mustard flavor is pretty noticeable. Good in mashed potatoes with sauerkraut, but I'd love some suggestions that don't spring from "I have these things in my kitchen, guess I'll combine them and see what happens."

EDIT: Also, egg patty recipe.

Spoiler: Ingredients (click to show/hide)
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the eggs, a splash of milk, and about 1/4 cup of potato flakes. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add anything else you want - I put in some mustard oil and sauerkraut when I did this a few minutes ago. Stir well. If it seems too thin, add some more potato flakes. The end result should be a thick fluid, similar to a batter - if it gets as thick as mud, you've gone too far. Pat it flat if any of your extras are poking above the surface. Microwave on high in 1-minute intervals until fully cooked, piercing with a fork in between each interval.

If you're feeling fancy, you can mix things together in a separate bowl and then transfer it into a greased one for the microwaving, which should prevent sticking. You may also wish to cover it with a paper towel if you can't keep an eye on it to abort in case of imminent explosion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:12:19 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:00 pm »

Yeah, pure mustard oil will burninate your sinuses if you smell it, so it's probably a good thing that it's diluted.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:10 am »

Will it also burninate the countryside?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: February 25, 2015, 01:27:17 am »

Will it also burninate the countryside?

And the THAATCHED ROOF COOOTTAAAAAAAGGGEEESS!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2494 on: February 25, 2015, 11:55:32 am »

I have decided that thyme is basically the best companion to almost any vegetable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: February 25, 2015, 05:31:05 pm »

I have decided that thyme is basically the best companion to almost any vegetable.

Garlic strongly disagrees with you.

Made my own creamy Italian dressing yesterday. Pulverized some Italian seasoning with garlic, onion powder, vinegar, olive oil, mayo and parmesan cheese in my magic bullet blender. Cooked some tortellini, chopped up all my veggies, tomatoes, black olives, green olives, havarti cheese and some salami. Mixed all together and chilled in fridge.

I've already eaten 3 bowls and have barely put a dent in my stockpile of yummy.

Edit: I bought some saffron the other day and have no idea what to do with it. The internet tells me to put it in rice but I was hoping for something a little more exciting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:24:57 pm by Dorfs R Fun »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: February 25, 2015, 05:47:56 pm »

3 bowels? Sounds a shitty meal

Garlic disagrees with everything, such as "Taste" and "Not being horrible."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: February 25, 2015, 06:29:37 pm »

Giglamesh confirmed for vampire lord.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

har har, set myself up nicely on that one.

I can't even comprehend that last sentence, you are now just a figment of my imagination. Garlic, a little cooking oil or butter, a pinch of salt and viola! Vegetables 2.0.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 25, 2015, 06:34:13 pm »

Well, I am quite fond of black pudding...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: February 26, 2015, 05:48:37 am »

Edit: I bought some saffron the other day and have no idea what to do with it. The internet tells me to put it in rice but I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

As someone who has lived with Iranian housemates, let me introduce you to the joy that is Jujeh kebab.

It's soo bloody good.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:46 pm »

What heathen land do you hail from anyways? Literally everything we cook has garlic in it. Pretty much the first step to almost every recipe is to fry onions and garlic.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:09 pm »

As someone who has lived with Iranian housemates, let me introduce you to the joy that is Jujeh kebab.

It's soo bloody good.

True glory, that one.

Oi Osmo, next time you have a barbecue I'll try and bring some dutch cuisine. Prepare for...uh, probably not all that different to the Polish food your grandparents gave you.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 26, 2015, 08:23:27 pm »

It's soo bloody good.

I think I'm going to try this but I think finding the lavash bread might be a hard where I'm at. Thanks.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 27, 2015, 03:15:44 am »

True glory, that one.

Oi Osmo, next time you have a barbecue I'll try and bring some dutch cuisine. Prepare for...uh, probably not all that different to the Polish food your grandparents gave you.

I'm sorry to say it might be a while before the next one. We're moving house tomorrow, going our seperate ways, and my new house is rather lacking in entertaining space. Hell, I don't even have room to homebrew anymore :'(

I think I'm going to try this but I think finding the lavash bread might be a hard where I'm at. Thanks.

Any sort of middle eastern flatbread works. We often used pita bread, for instance. Just toast it a little first.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 334